Justin Timberlake - Man of the Woods

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby GreekGeek » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 am

menime123 wrote:Great Brits performance! Midnight Summer Jam and Say Something 8-)
Yes! i just watched it and it was absolutely perfect!!! :cry: :cry:
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:47 am

'Midnight Summer Jam' !! Make it a single now JT.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Bazmedia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:26 am

Metacritic score for Man Of The Woods - 55
Bazmedia
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:28 am

Still can't get into this album at all :(
How about you Get the F*** Out.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby minajatwa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:55 pm

What is going to be the next single? I hope it's "Man of the Woods".
minajatwa
Groupie

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:04 pm

minajatwa wrote:What is going to be the next single? I hope it's "Man of the Woods".
Pointless at this point - he dropped the video for MOTW the same time as the album and if it was going to be a single, that was the time for it.

I think Higher Higher or Montana have huge potential, although MSJ is more traditional JT and could work over Summer.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby GreekGeek » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:37 pm

^I would love "Montana" or "Breeze off the pond" as the next single! They have "smash" written all over them!!!
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:02 pm

I can’t see BOTP working, not when something like Supplies - which I think is so old school JT it should have been lead single - flopped.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby NoAngel » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Say Something is everything :( His best song ever :(
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:07 pm

NoAngel wrote:Say Something is everything :( His best song ever :(
Jesus take the wheel lol
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby GreekGeek » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:34 pm

NoAngel wrote:Say Something is everything :( His best song ever :(
yeap! it's amazing! i listen to it daily 4-5 times! :)
However, it's not his best song ever for me... For me, the crown goes to "Mirrors". :P
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm

I agree, Mirrors is outstanding. Say Something is great, but not a favourite and the feature is sort of pointless imo.
menime123
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:26 pm

I prefer Say something over Mirrors

But many other songs over these two also
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:28 pm

So I’m ready to rank:

1. Man of The Woods
2. Higher Higher
3. Montana
4. Supplies
5. Flannel
6. Breeze Off The Pond
7. Waves
8. Say Something
9. Living Off The Land
10. Midnight Summer Jam
11. Sauce
12. Filthy
13. Hard stuff
14. Young Man
15. Morning Light

#1 - #6 are some of his best work ever, particularly MOTW. Waves sounds like an effort to make a modern Señorita (in terms of another audience participation song) and that beat is infectious as hell.

What I can’t understand is why Filthy launched the era. Supplies is traditional JT if you ask me and 100% better.

The album only really dips with the absolutely pointless duet with Alicia Keys. Young Man is cheesy, but it ends the album like any self respecting song about kids is, so it’s fine.

If I were in charge the singles would have been:

1. Supplies
2. Say Something
3. Man of The Woods
4. Montana
5. Midnight Summer Jam
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:30 pm

What I love is that he isn’t giving us songs like Sexyback, he’s given us something completely different. 20/20 wanted to be different but was too FS/LS.
menime123
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:00 pm

The problem with him is that his image is so forced. Now, he's trying to be Zac Brown with the beard and that outfit and it just does not fit him. I know that a lot of mainstream acts have country roots but it's super forced when they try to incorporate the country side to get that loyal country fan base. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Carey like Mariah.
GetBack
Legend

Postby abi » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:49 pm

It's official, "Higher Higher" is the best song off the album and one of his best songs ever.
abi
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:46 pm

abi wrote:It's official, "Higher Higher" is the best song off the album and one of his best songs ever.
Completely agree. I love the Madonna reference (and if it’s not, it is when I listen :lol: )
menime123
Legend

Postby GreekGeek » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:33 pm

menime123 wrote:
abi wrote:It's official, "Higher Higher" is the best song off the album and one of his best songs ever.
Completely agree. I love the Madonna reference (and if it’s not, it is when I listen :lol: )
"Higher Higher" is THE song. 8-)
One of the best on the record for sure; i haven't made up my mind for the best songs of the record yet though... :oops:
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Jesper » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:44 pm

I honestly feel Supplies wouldn't have worked as single. The supposed 'woke' message of the video didn't work in his favour during the pre-album campaign when everyone and their mother was already on a JT hate train. Filthy was def. the wrong song to start the era or as single choice in general.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Mugen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:18 pm

Jesper wrote:I honestly feel Supplies wouldn't have worked as single. The supposed 'woke' message of the video didn't work in his favour during the pre-album campaign when everyone and their mother was already on a JT hate train. Filthy was def. the wrong song to start the era or as single choice in general.
He should have released the title track first. That goofy video would have probably eased some people's fears that he was going to go full country.
Mugen
Personal Assistant

Postby minajatwa » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:30 pm

JT really needs another single now. I hope he picks a good one. He needs a single that is going to push the whole album. I really believe there is a big hit on the album still. Say Something was not that big hit I had hoped for.
minajatwa
Groupie

Postby Erotica » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:30 pm

If he chooses a single then for sure one of the songs he performs in tour, so only five songs are available for that
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby GetBack » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:35 am

There has been zero hype for him.

Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd and Bruno Mars already took his spot in the pop and R&B genre.
Carey like Mariah.
GetBack
Legend

Postby westhammer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:49 pm

So I only checked this out because I saw the Top 3 from the Survivor of this weren't even singles and I've heard Say Something a few times on the radio which has grown on me a lot.

I thought Filthy was a terrible lead single; I like Supplies but it kind of tries too hard and then Man of the Woods as a promo track did nothing for me so I just didn't bother with the project until above!

I love the album! It really is so cohesive and gets you in the groove with a nice country backdrop. Say Something is my absolute favourite, it should have been the lead single. Montana is definitely a hit waiting to happen, it's very catchy. Also loving Higher Higher and Breeze Off the Pond. Livin' Off the Land is great too and Waves is a jam.

Filthy remains grating but is listenable! Very surprised by how much I am liking the album as I've actually never really listened to any of his albums before! Definitely recommend Montana for anyone considering whether to give a listen!
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Return to Pop