Justin Timberlake - Man of the Woods

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

 

Postby Mainshow » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:37 am

stevyy wrote:
Mainshow wrote:
Edit: OMG "Higher Higher" ♡
our taste is so similar. I love Higher Higher as well.
<3 - Our tastes are immaculate ;)
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 13758
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby Mainshow » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:44 am

Personally, I think that I don't regret having bought this album but it's definitely another proof that Justin Timberlake is one of the most overrated artists alive.
Don't get me wrong, I like him and he has a fantastic voice and he is a hell of a performer and I hope that I will see him live someday but this album feels so uninspired and uneventful and some songs are terribly written. It's all about style and production and beats and he can't do it forever. Some substance is lacking.. I appreciate what he was trying to create and get us a personal record but maybe his life is not the most exciting one to sing about? - I mean, he doesn't bring anything new and while I enjoy half of the album very much, I strongly believe that his peak is long gone.

I listened to the whole album but when "Young Man" was on, I had to turn it off. That's even cheesier than Britney's "My Baby" :D They would have been a perfect couple, haha.

The second half of the album feels so much stronger, though. "Montana", "Breeze Off The Pond" & "Livin' Off The Land" are excellent; surprisingly, I even like "Flannel". My favourite is still "Higher Higher" and after having listened to "Supplies" on my headphones, I think I enjoy the song as well. The production is top-notch!

I think, after the first and second listen, it's a 5.5/10 for me.
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 13758
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby spiritboy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:01 am

I will give my opinion after a few listens but seriously who gives a F about Pitchfork and critics?

Sales > reviews
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 22607
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby stevyy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:03 am

spiritboy wrote:I will give my opinion after a few listens but seriously who gives a F about Pitchfork and critics?

Sales > reviews
music critics get on my nerves.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 49710
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:07 am

"Flannel" is good, surprised it's getting so much hate :o

No matter how much he tries to cover it this is clearly a country influenced album.
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
User avatar
BlueScorpion
Superstar
 
Posts: 6393
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011
Location: Europe

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:23 am

stevyy wrote:
spiritboy wrote:I will give my opinion after a few listens but seriously who gives a F about Pitchfork and critics?

Sales > reviews
music critics get on my nerves.
That's what people say when they don't want to admit they have bad taste, but to each their own :)
I reckon I like my trashy stuff too, but I don't pretend it's all that like some of you guys do.
User avatar
ArmyOfMe
Superstar
 
Posts: 7943
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014
Location: Milan

Postby GeorgeDK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:31 am

Erotica wrote:Flannel is the worst song on the album for me, very boring. :lol:
:o In my opinion the best Justin Timberlake song ever. For sure the one I consider the stand-out track on the album..pure magic 8-)
User avatar
GeorgeDK
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005

Postby stevyy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:40 am

ArmyOfMe wrote:
stevyy wrote:
spiritboy wrote:I will give my opinion after a few listens but seriously who gives a F about Pitchfork and critics?

Sales > reviews
music critics get on my nerves.
That's what people say when they don't want to admit they have bad taste, but to each their own :)
I reckon I like my trashy stuff too, but I don't pretend it's all that like some of you guys do.
Pure Comedy was the best album of 2017 and only got like 83/100... pathetic.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 49710
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:42 am

stevyy wrote:
ArmyOfMe wrote:
stevyy wrote:
spiritboy wrote:I will give my opinion after a few listens but seriously who gives a F about Pitchfork and critics?

Sales > reviews
music critics get on my nerves.
That's what people say when they don't want to admit they have bad taste, but to each their own :)
I reckon I like my trashy stuff too, but I don't pretend it's all that like some of you guys do.
Pure Comedy was the best album of 2017 and only got like 83/100... pathetic.
It got 85/100, which is a pretty impressive score.
User avatar
ArmyOfMe
Superstar
 
Posts: 7943
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014
Location: Milan

Postby GeorgeDK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:51 am

ArmyOfMe wrote: That's what people say when they don't want to admit they have bad taste
What is bad taste?? as I see it "bad taste" is just what people throw out when they consider their own taste to be a better taste... what it often is not..it is just different taste :lol:
User avatar
GeorgeDK
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:52 am

What the hell is Flannel based on? I love it but it’s not an original melody.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12094
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:53 am

GeorgeDK wrote:
ArmyOfMe wrote: That's what people say when they don't want to admit they have bad taste
What is bad taste?? as I see it "bad taste" is just what people throw out when they consider their own taste to be a better taste... what it often is not..it is just different taste :lol:
Bad taste is everything in the top 10 on streaming platform charts, the top 10 UK singles chart and the top 10 on the Hot 100 chart.

And has been for like half a decade, with few exceptions :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12094
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby GeorgeDK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:55 am

menime123 wrote:What the hell is Flannel based on? I love it but it’s not an original melody.
Some parts of the melody and mood of the song reminds me of some old Prince song that I can not put my finger on :lol:
User avatar
GeorgeDK
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005

Postby GeorgeDK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:57 am

menime123 wrote: Bad taste is everything in the top 10 on streaming platform charts, the top 10 UK singles chart and the top 10 on the Hot 100 chart.

And has been for like half a decade, with few exceptions :lol:
The people who listen to it considers it great taste :lol: just because I do not like it..it is not bad taste :lol: Lots of people would say I have bad taste... but to be honest I have great taste 8-) :lol:
User avatar
GeorgeDK
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:58 am

GeorgeDK wrote:
menime123 wrote: Bad taste is everything in the top 10 on streaming platform charts, the top 10 UK singles chart and the top 10 on the Hot 100 chart.

And has been for like half a decade, with few exceptions :lol:
The people who listen to it considers it great taste :lol: just because I do not like it..it is not bad taste :lol: Lots of people would say I have bad taste... but to be honest I have great taste 8-) :lol:
No, you don’t. I never see you in the Madonna GAD thread :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12094
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:00 pm

Taste will always be subjective though, and consequently so will music. But I’m from the UK, where Teletubbies and Bob The Builder have number one singles so... :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12094
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby spiritboy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:02 pm

If i like an album, i don't care about its score on Metacritic, whether it is 0 or 100. :lol:
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 22607
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:04 pm

spiritboy wrote:If i like an album, i don't care about its score on Metacritic, whether it is 0 or 100. :lol:
I don’t even check Metacritic 8-)

As a Madonna fan, you learn early on reviewers don’t mean anything :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12094
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby GeorgeDK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:07 pm

menime123 wrote: No, you don’t. I never see you in the Madonna GAD thread :lol:
Ha, ha, we have talked about Madonna a few times, you apparently do not remember that I am a HUGE Madonna fan, have followed her since the end of 1984.. have gone to a lot of her concerts... and that Madonna without a doubt is my number one Idol :lol: I love her so much :D and I even meet my husband of 19 years... because we both are huge Madonna fans ;-)
User avatar
GeorgeDK
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:44 pm

GeorgeDK wrote:
menime123 wrote: No, you don’t. I never see you in the Madonna GAD thread :lol:
Ha, ha, we have talked about Madonna a few times, you apparently do not remember that I am a HUGE Madonna fan, have followed her since the end of 1984.. have gone to a lot of her concerts... and that Madonna without a doubt is my number one Idol :lol: I love her so much :D and I even meet my husband of 19 years... because we both are huge Madonna fans ;-)
People - an example of taste 8-)
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12094
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby hellohello » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:11 pm

This whole album is so average. No replay value whatsoever.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
User avatar
hellohello
Manager
 
Posts: 4651
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005
Location: Love On the Brain

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:44 pm

The features are so pointless though.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12094
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby GeorgeDK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:07 pm

menime123 wrote:People - an example of taste 8-)
Lol, as said, lots of people think I have a bad music taste... but I do not care, for me it is great :lol:
User avatar
GeorgeDK
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005

Postby stevyy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:43 pm

wave is so amazing. <3

anyone else like the song?
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 49710
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby YouMakeMeFeel » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:45 pm

I think I like this album
Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack
User avatar
YouMakeMeFeel
Manager
 
Posts: 2408
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009
Location: U.S.

Return to Pop