Lily Allen | No Shame

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby SilentDream » Wed May 03, 2017 11:21 am

You can now also listen to a snippet of a song called "I Wish I Was Drake".

I can't imagine the album being released in June with no lead single announcement yet. :( I think I've read somewhere on the internet that Lily said she won't release a lead single before the album is completely finished.
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Westen » Wed May 03, 2017 11:32 am

SilentDream wrote:You can now also listen to a snippet of a song called "I Wish I Was Drake".

I can't imagine the album being released in June with no lead single announcement yet. :( I think I've read somewhere on the internet that Lily said she won't release a lead single before the album is completely finished.
I think that's smart, i don't wanna pushbacks and plenty of singles before album is out, but since it won't be released before the summer i guess it will be released in August/September
Westen
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Wed May 03, 2017 11:39 am

^ It would feel like a pushback for me though, because I was already prepared for June. :lol:
SilentDream
Manager

Postby justTrifling » Wed May 03, 2017 2:47 pm

SilentDream wrote:You can now also listen to a snippet of a song called "I Wish I Was Drake".
In love with the I Wish I Was Drake snippet, this album truly seems like it's gonna be the best of Alright Still and It's Not Me It's You mixed together :D
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Thu May 04, 2017 3:12 pm

Lily said that "The Fourth Wall" is finished and now everything else is up to her label. I'm so excited. :D
SilentDream
Manager

Postby justTrifling » Thu May 04, 2017 8:59 pm

^That's such wonderful news!! Where did you see that?
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Thu May 04, 2017 11:17 pm

justTrifling wrote:^That's such wonderful news!! Where did you see that?
I found that information on a (usually reliable) Lily Allen fanpage. Their information is usually based on Lily's tweets and pretty much every information they've stated so far has turned out to be correct.

Tomorrow I can look further into this, if I don't forget about it. :)
SilentDream
Manager

Postby justTrifling » Fri May 12, 2017 3:27 am

(Another snippet on her Instagram story rn, if anyone else is as desperate as me lol)
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Fri May 12, 2017 8:55 am

justTrifling wrote:(Another snippet on her Instagram story rn, if anyone else is as desperate as me lol)
You can't probably be as desperate as me. :lol: That snippet doesn't sound bad, but it's not among the best snippets we've heard from her new album, in my opinion.
SilentDream
Manager

Postby justTrifling » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:13 am

Sooo I take it June 2017 is no longer the plan... :cry: :cry:
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:47 am

justTrifling wrote:Sooo I take it June 2017 is no longer the plan... :cry: :cry:
I hope that we get the new album at least at some point in 2017 and not next year. :cry:
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Nackar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:22 am

May have something to do with her regularly speaking out about the Grenfell Towers disaster in London. Perhaps she's simply too busy with activist/charity-related activities.
Nackar
Legend

Postby justTrifling » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:56 am

Anyone think there's a shot music will come soon now that she seems to be back from vacation and there's a bit less to advocate about? I'm so ready to hear this now! I also love that her dark hair is back, it reminds me of all my favorite older songs.

She's definitely not working on this anymore since she always posts when she is... maybe the label is making her wait??

Mostly asking SilentDream who always seems to have better insights than me :lol:
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 am

justTrifling wrote:Anyone think there's a shot music will come soon now that she seems to be back from vacation and there's a bit less to advocate about? I'm so ready to hear this now! I also love that her dark hair is back, it reminds me of all my favorite older songs.

She's definitely not working on this anymore since she always posts when she is... maybe the label is making her wait??

Mostly asking SilentDream who always seems to have better insights than me :lol:
Tbh I have no clue. :lol: I still search for news about her upcoming album on a regular basis, but recently there has been little to no new information about it. I don't expect new music from her soon, but I do think that she'll release something still in 2017.
SilentDream
Manager

Postby justTrifling » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:51 am

Didn't expect to casually scroll past Lily performing a new song tonight, but here we are!!
https://twitter.com/brooke/status/91033 ... 64416?s=09
I've missed her voice :cry:
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:02 am

justTrifling wrote:Didn't expect to casually scroll past Lily performing a new song tonight, but here we are!!
https://twitter.com/brooke/status/91033 ... 64416?s=09
I've missed her voice :cry:
It's great to hear her voice again. :D This is probably the song "Please Don't Go" - I remember that she posted a snippet of it some time ago on one of her social media profiles (I think it was Snapchat).
SilentDream
Manager

Postby SalBoy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Is this album coming anytime soon?
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby justTrifling » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:18 pm

^your guess is as good as mine :lol:

She's been hinting it's quite soon for a long time now, but now it feels like for real, for example:

https://twitter.com/lilyallen/status/907190945308966912
https://twitter.com/junkie_pop/status/9 ... 9943131136 (She retweeted)
https://twitter.com/lilyallen/status/906247463077543936
This follow-up to the one above that I love: https://twitter.com/lilyallen/status/906249178854170624

Silent Dream idk if you noticed the other day she responded to someone who asked about "Better The Devil" and said she totally forgot about it, but she still hasn't sent it out :lol: (was too lazy to dig up the tweet)
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:31 am

justTrifling wrote:Silent Dream idk if you noticed the other day she responded to someone who asked about "Better The Devil" and said she totally forgot about it, but she still hasn't sent it out :lol: (was too lazy to dig up the tweet)
I hadn't noticed that, but it's no surprise that she forgot about it because that's what I was thinking anyway (the other option would've been that she hadn't sent it out on purpose, but I knew that Lily wouldn't be such a meanie :D).
SilentDream
Manager

Postby justTrifling » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:42 am

It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 am

For those who haven't heard it yet:

A new song which she performed at Notting Hill Carnival 2017. It's very likely that it'll be on her new album.
SilentDream
Manager

Postby justTrifling » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:38 pm

^It's very first album, not sure how I feel about it but I could see it growing on me!!
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:14 am

^ Yeah, it reminds me of her first album as well.

I was convinced that we get to hear new music from her still in 2017, but I'm not so sure about that anymore since there hasn't been any kind of announcement yet. :( It's unbelievable that the gap between "Sheezus" and the lead single from "The Fourth Wall" is already nearly as big as the gap between "It's Not Me, It's You" and "Hard out Here". She's really taking her time with releasing albums.
SilentDream
Manager

Postby justTrifling » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 pm

I don't think the album would be this year anymore, at this point it would have to be a Christmas release and I don't see that happening, she's not very Christmas-y :lol: (although I would kill for that voice covering some Christmas classics! but that's a whole other thing)

At the very least it's good to see her back on stage (even if in an army green giant bow :lol: ) and get some previews again, it HAS to be by early 2018 at this point
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:49 am

justTrifling wrote:I don't think the album would be this year anymore, at this point it would have to be a Christmas release and I don't see that happening, she's not very Christmas-y :lol: (although I would kill for that voice covering some Christmas classics! but that's a whole other thing)

At the very least it's good to see her back on stage (even if in an army green giant bow :lol: ) and get some previews again, it HAS to be by early 2018 at this point
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the album will be released next year at the earliest, but we might get the lead single this year (at least that doesn't seem too unrealistic, in my opinion).
SilentDream
Manager

Return to Pop