ALCAZAR - In The Name Of Love (Single)

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

 

Postby Pkakko » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:53 pm

As a celebration to their 20 years in pop music, Sweden's own Alcazar has released today on Spotify and digital outlets their brand new single "In The Name Of Love". It was supposed to be their entry for Melodifestivalen 2018.
This has very different style than basic disco tracks that people have come to expect from the band. 8-)
Definitely grower this one is. Not immidiate favourite, but give it a few spins.
You can listen the song on spotify.
As of now it isn't on youtube etc. but i believe atleast some kind of Lyric video is coming to it too!

https://open.spotify.com/album/0u45RefXhk4VlLELTqea4R
User avatar
Pkakko
Groupie
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017
Location: Finland

Postby oaknuys » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:42 am

Whhhhhat?! Lemme have a listen now :)
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager
 
Posts: 4157
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014
Location: Bel Air, California

Postby nekoocz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:25 am

Sounds actually pretty bad, im not happy about this
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13546
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: Prague now

Postby GeorgeDK » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:22 am

It is ok, nothing outstanding though..and far from their best song.
User avatar
GeorgeDK
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:23 am

I thought I was the only one who knew about their music :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

trebor wrote:16. MusicRecords: #Mess #BV #Bish #YSL #STFU #Sis #LOL #$$$ #FrequentFlyerSpammer #I&I&I
User avatar
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III
 
Posts: 11763
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012
Location: New York City & Vienna

Postby oaknuys » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Oh dear, this is very unfortunate and weak... the girls vocals dont even sound like alcazar anymore.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager
 
Posts: 4157
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014
Location: Bel Air, California

Postby oaknuys » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:50 pm

MusicRecords wrote:I thought I was the only one who knew about their music :lol:
Count me in from the very first days.

They should have brought in Annikafiore and Magnus for the tribute release though.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager
 
Posts: 4157
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014
Location: Bel Air, California

Postby nekoocz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:06 pm

oaknuys wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:I thought I was the only one who knew about their music :lol:
Count me in from the very first days.

They should have brought in Annikafiore and Magnus for the tribute release though.
Oh that was my fav Alcazar, This Is The World We Live In Is still their best song ...

They lost it with their last members change
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13546
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: Prague now

Postby oaknuys » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 pm

nekoocz wrote:
oaknuys wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:I thought I was the only one who knew about their music :lol:
Count me in from the very first days.

They should have brought in Annikafiore and Magnus for the tribute release though.
Oh that was my fav Alcazar, This Is The World We Live In Is still their best song ...

They lost it with their last members change
Agreed and agreed on both accounts.
That line up worked the best with them and everything was in a great balance, such shame it fell apart though... we got Not A Sinner, Alcastar, The World We Live In and so many other gems in a short space of time and sadly it went to a different place after the line up change.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager
 
Posts: 4157
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014
Location: Bel Air, California

Postby Pkakko » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:24 pm

But we shouldnt forget they had their biggest success globally as a trio when Crying at the discoteque stormed the charts and sold over million copies as a single. Casino could be my favourite album of theirs...

Now theyre celebrating 20 years nd after the tour in october and november alcazar will break up for good.

Annikafiore and Magnus are not welcome to the group anymore.
To Annika they were horrible. She broke her foot during filming of their 2005 single "Start the fire" and suddenly she wasnt welcome in the group anymore.. that was so sad.. :(
User avatar
Pkakko
Groupie
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017
Location: Finland

Postby Erotica » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:42 pm

I also liked their Disco Defenders era
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
User avatar
Erotica
Legend
 
Posts: 15045
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014
Location: Germany

Postby heppolo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 am

GeorgeDK wrote:It is ok, nothing outstanding though..and far from their best song.
Without Alexander Bard, there's no good songwriting for Alcazar anymore
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 19163
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby nekoocz » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:21 am

Pkakko wrote:But we shouldnt forget they had their biggest success globally as a trio when Crying at the discoteque stormed the charts and sold over million copies as a single. Casino could be my favourite album of theirs...

Now theyre celebrating 20 years nd after the tour in october and november alcazar will break up for good.

Annikafiore and Magnus are not welcome to the group anymore.
To Annika they were horrible. She broke her foot during filming of their 2005 single "Start the fire" and suddenly she wasnt welcome in the group anymore.. that was so sad.. :(
Annika broke her foot, you can notice she is missing in scenes of the video. Afterwards she was unable to perform with them for a while, but wanted to have equal pay check, the other members refused. Afterwards Andreas broke up with Magnus and that is why those two left. They got the new member right before they came back.

Why would they break up?
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13546
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: Prague now

Postby Pkakko » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:53 am

Then again after being part of the group from the start and always being there and doing things like they should be done, i think she deserved her cut too. But its the music business..

And theyre now breaking up permanently because they are having other intrests.. im still hoping new album will follow..
As a goodbye gift to the thousands of hardcore fans.
Vinyl releases from all of their albums would be also highly appreciated.
User avatar
Pkakko
Groupie
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017
Location: Finland

Postby Pkakko » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:57 am

Erotica wrote:I also liked their Disco Defenders era
I was quite excited about it too. But the promo was horrible.
Thats why "Burning" the fabulous european comeback single flopped. They should have toured across europe, made tv appearences Etc. But they only did promo on Germany and Sweden... sadly..
User avatar
Pkakko
Groupie
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017
Location: Finland

Postby nekoocz » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:39 pm

They have always had side projects, solos, musicals, poker ...
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13546
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: Prague now

Postby nekoocz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:17 pm

I tried to give it one more chance .... But no, this is horrible
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13546
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: Prague now

Postby Pkakko » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:15 pm

I hope Alcazar would have reformed with the original line-up.
I miss Annikafiore... :( :(
User avatar
Pkakko
Groupie
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017
Location: Finland

Postby nekoocz » Tue May 01, 2018 8:58 pm

So they actually disband after the final concert ... They are a big mess last few years. Not proper singles / album out ...
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13546
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: Prague now

Return to Pop