The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby Ska8er » Thu May 31, 2018 7:47 pm

The 1975 Announce New Album, Share New Song “Give Yourself a Try”: Listen

The 1975 have shared a new song called “Give Yourself a Try.” It’s the first single from their upcoming album A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships. The track premiered on Annie Mac’s BBC Radio 1 show. Listen to the song and find its lyrics and artwork below.

During the band’s appearance on the program, Matty Healy revealed the new album is due out in October, with a follow-up—titled Notes on a Conditional Form—planned for May 2019. “Give Yourself a Try” marks the 1975’s first original song since 2016’s I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it. Last year, they shared a cover of Sade’s “By Your Side” and a live album (which was recorded at a December 2016 show).
The 1975 – “Give Yourself A Try”

UK rock band the 1975 first teased the follow-up to 2016’s I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it over a year ago, and earlier this month they launched a countdown clock.

Today, they went on Annie Mac’s BBC Radio 1 show to debut their new single “Give Yourself A Try,” and while they were there the band revealed their bold plans for the next year. They say they’ll be releasing two albums in the next 12 months — the first, called A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships, is due out in October, and another will be released in May 2019. In a separate interview, Healy told Zane Lowe the second album will be called Notes On A Conditional Form.

“It’s not a double album because that would be prog and annoying and I don’t like double albums because I think they’re self-serving,” Matt Healy said during the interview. (The previously teased Music For Cars title seems to have been left behind: “That’s a perfect example of the fact that I change my mind all the time,” he said.)

The album is apparently still not finished, but “Give Yourself A Try” is done, and Healy said that it exemplifies “a tension and an anxiety that’s really present in this record.”

“Won’t you give yourself a try?” Matt Healy sings in the chorus on top of a squealing guitar line. He dives into some (presumably) self-reflection in the second half: “What would you say to your younger self? Growing a beard’s quite hard and whiskey never starts to taste nice/ And you’ll make a lot of money and it’s funny ‘cus you’ll move somewhere sunny and get addicted to drugs/ And spend obscene amounts on **** seeds and beans online.”
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby frrr » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:05 am

Didn't like the lead single, however I'm hooked on "Love It If We Made It"
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:09 pm

I really like this song. Best thing they've released in ages.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:26 pm

I agree. TOOTIME.... is great.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby frrr » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:51 pm

As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Superstar

Postby frrr » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:52 pm

frrr
Superstar

Postby frrr » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:54 pm

5 singles released so far. They might release two more if it goes like their past releases.

Reviews have been great so far. Universal acclaim based on 4 Critics (99/100)
https://www.metacritic.com/music/a-brief-inquiry-into-online-relationships/the-1975
frrr
Superstar

Postby BeeBoy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Ska8er wrote:I agree. TOOTIME.... is great.
agreed, just heard it now
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm

BeeBoy wrote:
Ska8er wrote:I agree. TOOTIME.... is great.
agreed, just heard it now
Okay I'm OBSESSED
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby frrr » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:31 pm

It has leaked
frrr
Superstar

Postby adamf2thedeath » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:43 pm

Their titles are always so pretentious. Very panic at the disco.
Most listened to albums at the moment:
Christina Aguilera - Liberation
Lily Allen - No Shame
Kali Uchis - Isolation
adamf2thedeath
Superstar

Postby thankfulforkelly » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Gonna listen to this now that it’s officially out. Response seems to be overwhelmingly positive so far, 8.5 from Pitchfork :o
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Superstar

Postby ludichris » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:49 am

Why aren't there more songs like It's Not Living (If It's Not With You) on this? I browsed hoping to find more like that but was disappointed. That's the best song by some margin.
ludichris
Manager

Postby Cless » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:48 pm

Completely fell in love with this.
Cless
Superstar

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Album is very good. Definitely their best and most ambitious. My favourites are I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes), Sincerity Is Scary, It’s Not Living & Give Yourself A Try but honestly the whole album is very strong. The Man Who Married A Robot is both funny and sad
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Superstar

Postby Mugen » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Mugen
Personal Assistant

Return to Pop