Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

 

Postby KokoCollino » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:30 pm

1998: Britney Spears
2008: Lady GaGa
2018: Ava Max?

Ava Max is a unique new talent, crafting pop anthems with a much-needed dose of fiery female empowerment.
Image

Looks like I found my way home
User avatar
KokoCollino
Superstar
 
Posts: 5316
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015

Postby Jesper » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:08 pm

It gives me a bit Natalia Kills vibes
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24716
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Loose » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:56 pm

It gives me no vibes.
It's handled. (Olivia Pope)
User avatar
Loose
Legend
 
Posts: 11825
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006
Location: 1st Floor

Postby WakeUpMusic » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:52 pm

meh
Welcome to the underworld
Where the love's at first sight
The kind that we like
Under, under, under, underworld
User avatar
WakeUpMusic
Manager
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013

Postby Loose » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:04 am

WakeUpMusic wrote:meh
Appealing to the narcissistic teenagers between 12 and 16 though.

- Ava Max Marketing
It's handled. (Olivia Pope)
User avatar
Loose
Legend
 
Posts: 11825
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006
Location: 1st Floor

Postby urbanmusik » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:10 pm

Jesper wrote:It gives me a bit Natalia Kills vibes
Or Lolene....except the song isn't catchy at all. I don't know why they think this 2009 bubbling under hit would work in 2018.
User avatar
urbanmusik
The College Dropout
 
Posts: 21196
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006
Location: Belfast

Postby KokoCollino » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:20 pm

Sweet but Psycho

Spotify:
#11 Sweden
#97 Finland
#100 Norway
#119 Denmark

Apple Music:
#169 Sweden
Looks like I found my way home
User avatar
KokoCollino
Superstar
 
Posts: 5316
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015

Postby Erotica » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:56 pm

She is on the Guetta album and the track is bad.
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
User avatar
Erotica
Legend
 
Posts: 16725
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014
Location: Germany

Postby Loose » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:11 pm

Have you heard her cover of Aqua‘s Barbie Girl? It‘s called Not Your Barbie Girl and it makes me cringe and blush out of deep shame. The writing is so so so bad and it just sounds TERRIBLE from start to finish.
It's handled. (Olivia Pope)
User avatar
Loose
Legend
 
Posts: 11825
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006
Location: 1st Floor

Postby Jesper » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:29 am

Loose wrote:Have you heard her cover of Aqua‘s Barbie Girl? It‘s called Not Your Barbie Girl and it makes me cringe and blush out of deep shame. The writing is so so so bad and it just sounds TERRIBLE from start to finish.
By your description, I feel I should pass on hearing that :lol:
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24716
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby heppolo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:33 am

it's just okay, lacks a proper hook
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 23743
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Loose » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:17 am

Jesper wrote:
Loose wrote:Have you heard her cover of Aqua‘s Barbie Girl? It‘s called Not Your Barbie Girl and it makes me cringe and blush out of deep shame. The writing is so so so bad and it just sounds TERRIBLE from start to finish.
By your description, I feel I should pass on hearing that :lol:
You‘ll need a brave moment for this.
It's handled. (Olivia Pope)
User avatar
Loose
Legend
 
Posts: 11825
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006
Location: 1st Floor

Postby KokoCollino » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Top 10 Spotify Sweden ...

Sweet but Psycho

iTunes:
#34 Sweden
#150 Denmark

Spotify:
#9 Sweden
#90 Norway
#92 Finland
#127 Denmark

Apple Music:
#168 Sweden
#199 Taiwan
Looks like I found my way home
User avatar
KokoCollino
Superstar
 
Posts: 5316
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015

Postby BranchFanUk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:48 pm

This is soo catchy - it's no.10 on spotify uk viral chart, not sure if that means much but hopefully this can grow some legs
User avatar
BranchFanUk
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004
Location: South Wales

Postby Debs_Wild » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Yes, it's very "The Fame" (which makes it quite dated-sounding indeed), but it's a good quality pop song. So catchy!

I hope this becomes a big hit. It has just been added to Today's Top Hits.

P.S.
I wouldn't be surprised if Red One decided to sue her.


User avatar
Debs_Wild
Manager
 
Posts: 1669
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006

Postby Fan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:02 am

This is just shameless pop music and I love it. Super catchy and addictive.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
User avatar
Fan
Legend
 
Posts: 13272
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006
Location: Spice World

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Not convinced it’ll be a huge hit here as the sound is SO late 00s but I like it a lot! Good to hear some pure pop again.
User avatar
Thriller
Moderator
 
Posts: 73741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003
Location: UK

Postby JakeP » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Thriller wrote:Not convinced it’ll be a huge hit here as the sound is SO late 00s but I like it a lot! Good to hear some pure pop again.
It's about time the UK (scrap that) the world had a pure pop revival. 2019, you know what to do. :P
User avatar
JakeP
Superstar
 
Posts: 5078
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby Thriller » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:26 pm

JakeP wrote:
Thriller wrote:Not convinced it’ll be a huge hit here as the sound is SO late 00s but I like it a lot! Good to hear some pure pop again.
It's about time the UK (scrap that, the world) had a pure pop revival. 2019, you know what to do. :P
I’d love nothing more, the scene is so stagnant. I’d even welcome a rock revival - anything but mumble rap!
User avatar
Thriller
Moderator
 
Posts: 73741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003
Location: UK

Postby JakeP » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:30 pm

Thriller wrote:
JakeP wrote:
Thriller wrote:Not convinced it’ll be a huge hit here as the sound is SO late 00s but I like it a lot! Good to hear some pure pop again.
It's about time the UK (scrap that, the world) had a pure pop revival. 2019, you know what to do. :P
I’d love nothing more, the scene is so stagnant. I’d even welcome a rock revival - anything but mumble rap!
The rest of the world needs to look at Scandinavia, they know the deal right now. :wink:
User avatar
JakeP
Superstar
 
Posts: 5078
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013

Postby Tansike » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:41 am

Finally checked this out and it's a cute little pop bop!

Don't even think it sounds dated or so.
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 45391
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Debs_Wild » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:42 pm

User avatar
Debs_Wild
Manager
 
Posts: 1669
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006

Postby JimJim » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:37 am

I cringed at the chorus on the first listen, but I'm kinda loving this now, it's just too catchy.
User avatar
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse
 
Posts: 26885
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008
Location: Melbourne, Aus

Postby Thriller » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Making strides on Spotify, now #37 in the UK!
User avatar
Thriller
Moderator
 
Posts: 73741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003
Location: UK

Postby aRat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:39 pm

#15 on WW Spotify
jochen on meeting famous ppl wrote:Janet (very hairy woman)
Beyonce (she was ugly)
User avatar
aRat
Manager
 
Posts: 3000
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018
Location: Janet's neck

Return to Pop