Falling to Pieces
10%
Cashmere
5%
Soul Survivor
4%

Total votes : 102

Postby RayRay » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:10 pm

So happy she went the pop route. Never liked her music till she started to release great pop tracks like Anywhere, Lonely Together, Your Song, Let You Love Me and For You.
RayRay
Legend

Postby ElectricLight » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:12 am

Got my tickets for her tour next year!!! :D
Sugar Drunk High
ElectricLight
Groupie

Postby Marchum » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:20 am

RayRay wrote:So happy she went the pop route. Never liked her music till she started to release great pop tracks like Anywhere, Lonely Together, Your Song, Let You Love Me and For You.
Well rnb lovers never liked her music either :lol:
Marchum
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:52 am

Marchum wrote:
RayRay wrote:So happy she went the pop route. Never liked her music till she started to release great pop tracks like Anywhere, Lonely Together, Your Song, Let You Love Me and For You.
I mean...to be fair, she hasn't really released an urban single on her own. :lol:

I just want mama to release an album without so much baggage. I feel like it diminishes the experience of an era and album a bit.
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby KEY9481 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:10 pm

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018
KEY9481
Manager

Postby RayRay » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Marchum wrote:
Who were the people that liked her first album???
RayRay
Legend

Postby Gravity » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Cashmere is really good!
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby Jesper » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:44 pm

RayRay wrote:
Marchum wrote:
I did, i am a fan since her first single
Jesper
Legend

Postby KEY9481 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:47 pm

RayRay wrote:
Marchum wrote:
*raises hand*
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018
KEY9481
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:47 pm

I actually think Velvet Rope and Cashmere are definitely more leaning towards RnB than the pure pop singles she released. Especially the latter reminds me of Kiss It Better.
I liked the first Album of her too
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby adamf2thedeath » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:42 pm

RayRay wrote:
Marchum wrote:
Me. I loved it.
Most listened to albums at the moment:
Christina Aguilera - Liberation
Lily Allen - No Shame
Kali Uchis - Isolation
adamf2thedeath
Superstar

Postby Loveguru » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:21 pm

This is gonna be such a solid album
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Jesper » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:59 pm

After my first listen
Anywhere stays that song :flame: probably my fav. Rita single so far
Let You Love Me is still amazing aswell, a true 1-2-punch
New Look is a bop
Lonely Together was a grower for me when it came out, but I am so happy it is part of the album
Your Song, still a great song overall
Only Want You is nice, maybe needs to grow a little more
First Time High is cute, the 'woooo ooooh'is pretty earwormy
For You, the only Liam Payne related song I still listen, still a great duet
Summer Love is nice, but live the song seems to have a little extra more punch, which makes the studio version kinda let down.
Girls is the weakest link on the album along with the Julia track, it kinda sounds out of place in a way, but it's cute
Keep Talking is nice, Julia wasn't really needed, Rita could have handled it on her own. Not the strongest track, but a nice cut.
Hell Of a life, nice beat drop, I feel the song could have had a better climax towards the end though, it's a bit samey throughout.
Velvet Rope feels so uplifting and will sound so amazing live with background singerss and the crowd singing along.
Falling To Pieces is a great song, the trumpets work very good and sound ground along with Velvet Rope, it is much stronger than some of the standard tracks.
Cashmere is so atmospheric and I really dig it.
Soul Survivor is an other song she debuted live and I think this one also had more punch live but still an amazing song lyrically and overall the studio version is also still great.

Overall great album, pretty cohesive, I didn;'t expected it to have songs to have to grow on me since most of Rita's material is pretty instant to me. But I def. will play this album a lot.
Jesper
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Any thoughts on what you think should be the next single?
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby Jesper » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:30 pm

BeeBoy wrote:Any thoughts on what you think should be the next single?
Idk yet, neef to give it a few more spins
Jesper
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:33 pm

yas album promo is on fire :lol: Rita is trending on US twitter
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:48 pm

It's out and No.2 on New Releases Album Page Spotify Germany and Only Want You is No.3 on New Music Friday Playlist
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby Tansike » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:39 am

"Anywhere" is still a BOP. I wanted to listen to the album and got stuck listening to "Anywhere" non-stop for like ten times now :lol:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Michiel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:41 am

Enjoyed it, but overall it feels like bland central. That being said, some nice songs to add to my runner's playlist. It's a collection of strong pop songs, a true pop album I would say. Then it comes down to what you prefer as a listener. Hearing these songs on the radio would work for me, as a full album it is so and so. It lacks a concept and a vision, which makes an album an album and not a collection.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:59 am

Anywhere is one of the best pop songs of the year.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm

It's a great album imo. The best pop album of the year. Only issues I have is that i cannot listen to the singles minus For You and Let me Love You anymore :lol: still happy they included them as all of them are ace, I just overplayed them. That said I would've put Girls on the Deluxe and replaced it with Cashmere on the standard. The only song I really dislike :lol:
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Michiel wrote:It's a collection of strong pop songs, a true pop album I would say. It lacks a concept and a vision, which makes an album an album and not a collection.
She is at a point of her career where she exactly needed that. Look how many hits she had to release before they let her put the album out. Others don't even have 3 strong singles on an album. So it was pretty hard to go after a concept. It's a collection of bops which all have the same vibe and fit together. The only track which is skippable is Girls imo which makes it a strong pop effort in my book. She can go the cohesive and visionary way on album No.4 not now. For the most part of the past 6 years everyone thought a sophmore album will never see the light of day
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby Michiel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm

BeeBoy wrote:
Michiel wrote:It's a collection of strong pop songs, a true pop album I would say. It lacks a concept and a vision, which makes an album an album and not a collection.
She is at a point of her career where she exactly needed that. Look how many hits she had to release before they let her put the album out. Others don't even have 3 strong singles on an album. So it was pretty hard to go after a concept. It's a collection of bops which all have the same vibe and fit together. The only track which is skippable is Girls imo which makes it a strong pop effort in my book. She can go the cohesive and visionary way on album No.4 not now. For the most part of the past 6 years everyone thought a sophmore album will never see the light of day
I concur. My message was not supposed to have any normative undertone, albeit I understand it can be read as that :). It is a strong pop album, as a music listener I guess I just respect albums more as something where the whole is bigger than the summation of all the songs, or something like that :lol:. There is a place for both, for sure. It will solidify her pop status, and it is very impressive what she has been doing with the release of all her latest singles.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby Washingtonian25 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Imo “New Look”, “Only Want You” and “Falling to Pieces” are good material for singles.
Washingtonian25
Manager

Postby LJC123 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:48 pm

Guru wrote:Why is no one talking about this? It sounds amazing!!!

Where is this track?! I was excited for this one!
LJC--->>
LJC123
Manager

Return to Pop