Britney Spears - Domination (Residency) [Postponed]

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby Mainshow » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:21 pm

+ She would make me the happiest fan of all-time. Godney and Selegend Godmez combined <3
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Mainshow wrote:I do think that a duet as a single is the best idea AFTER the album release to gain more popularity/a wider audience whilst the single prior an album release will get enough buzz anyway.
If she wanted to do that then why looking for Selena who can't even get a Top 10 hit anymore (all, "Bad Liar", "Fetish", "Wolves" and "Back To You") consecutively missed the top 10.

If she wanted to gain real popularity and wider audience then look for Drake or someone like that . . not Selena Gomez.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:21 pm

MrLeonix wrote:. . . And "Make Me" went Platinum too.
But "Slumber Party", "Pretty Girls", "Perfume" didn't ;)
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:23 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
Mainshow wrote:I do think that a duet as a single is the best idea AFTER the album release to gain more popularity/a wider audience whilst the single prior an album release will get enough buzz anyway.
If she wanted to do that then why looking for Selena who can't even get a Top 10 hit anymore (all, "Bad Liar", "Fetish", "Wolves" and "Back To You") consecutively missed the top 10.

If she wanted to gain real popularity and wider audience then look for Drake or someone like that . . not Selena Gomez.
Because in the streaming era peaks aren't that important anymore?
Selena (& the Scene) [as the main artist] has had 18 consecutive singles certified Platinum or more.
Last edited by Mainshow on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Britney Spears ft. Cardi B is what she needs if she wants a hit
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Mainshow » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:24 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Britney Spears ft. Cardi B is what she needs if she wants a hit
You don'treally want Mainshow to be happy, do you?
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Mainshow wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:Britney Spears ft. Cardi B is what she needs if she wants a hit
Actually Britney ft. Ariana would work I think :lol: but it would seem too desperate
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Mainshow » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:28 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
Mainshow wrote:
Actually Britney ft. Ariana would work I think :lol: but it would seem too desperate
Oh, dunno.. since Britney has worked with will.i.am, David Guetta and Pitbull within the last years, I don't think that working with Ariana would come across as "more desperate" :D
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Mainshow wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:. . . And "Make Me" went Platinum too.
But "Slumber Party", "Pretty Girls", "Perfume" didn't ;)
Well it's not like Selena Gomez will go close to Platinum when she's 37 . . . she's already struggling at 26.

---

Let's stop with these stupid collabs talk. I don't want Britney to get a hit that way . . . If she ever gets a (fluke) hit again then it better be "Hung Up" style and not because she had to forced herself by teaming up with some teen star.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:52 pm

She's not struggling at all.

+ Getting a collab like that (either Selena Gomez, Cardi B or an artist like that) for a THIRD single of a new era wouldn't hurt to keep the momentum going. That's all what I said... not that Britney has to release a collaboration to desperately get a hit.

Just saying that I would enjoy "Domination" way more after another full era or two instead of getting back to Vegas without having released anything new since 2016.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby menime123 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Mainshow wrote:Just saying that I would enjoy "Domination" way more after another full era or two instead of getting back to Vegas without having released anything new since 2016.
I approve of this post.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Erotica » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:20 pm

I don't want any duets.
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby JeremySpears » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:50 pm

MrLeonix wrote:

Um I'm sorry but "Bad Liar", "Wolves" and "Back to You" all managed to enter the Top 20 without any promo (except for one AMA performance in Wolve's case) and all of them had longevity on the charts. And let's not forget the Top 10 hit "It Ain't Me" and "Fetish" was only 7 spots away from a Top 20 peak. Let's not act like Selena isn't successful anymore.

I want Britney to perform "Love Me Down".
Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Justin Timberlake
JeremySpears
Roadie

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:00 pm

JeremySpears wrote:Um I'm sorry but "Bad Liar", "Wolves" and "Back to You" all managed to enter the Top 20 without any promo (except for one AMA performance in Wolve's case) and all of them had longevity on the charts. And let's not forget the Top 10 hit "It Ain't Me" and "Fetish" was only 7 spots away from a Top 20 peak. Let's not act like Selena isn't successful anymore.
Ariana is wiping the floor with her :P

JeremySpears wrote:I want Britney to perform "Love Me Down".
I doubt it. I think she'll focus on new songs intead. Rumours about a new single before the show's start keep going strong.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Moral of the story is whenever they had good single roll outs and good videos.... they got good results.

She flops when she takes short cuts i.e Iggy, Make me video that was meh, long break between single 1 and 2 ( work bish and perfume / make me and slumber)
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Loveguru wrote:Moral of the story is whenever they had good single roll outs and good videos.... they got good results.

She flops when she takes short cuts i.e Iggy, Make me video that was meh, long break between single 1 and 2 ( work bish and perfume / make me and slumber)
1) There wasn't a long break between "Work Bitch" and "Perfume". WB was released on September 17, 2013 while "Perfume" on November 4, 2013 (not even 2 months apart).

2) "Make Me" didn't really flop in the US market . . . . It did flop internationally though.

3) "Pretty Girls" didn't work and was definitely seen as a failure but I'm pretty sure that in theory and on paper it met the criteria of Top 40 hit status. Plenty of divas (even Iggy herself :lol: ) would kill for it's peak and chart run these days.

4) Only "Perfume" and "Slumber Party" really flopped badly. "Perfume" for being boring (killing the hype) and "Slumber Party" because of the long break.
Last edited by MrLeonix on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:02 pm

You might want to edit those dates :lol:

Largely I agree that when Britney puts effort into her eras, they are more successful. Scrapping the Make Me video wasn’t a smart move, nor was scrapping BJ or Glory after the 2nd singles under performed.
Last edited by menime123 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:04 pm

menime123 wrote:You might want to edit those dates :lol:
Yeah done :lol:
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:43 pm

I feel like this is gonna happen but even though I love both, I don't want it to.
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby LotsOfLove » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:49 pm

I feel like Britney x Cardi x Maroon 5 is truly coming but it’d be a shame.
If it happens, it would be so beautiful if they come up with something like She Will Be Loved but since Maroon 5 have lost all credibility, I expect a mess.

I like the idea that was suggested here : First single, a solo song, second single can be a feature.
LotsOfLove
Manager

Postby JeremySpears » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:06 pm

menime123 wrote:You might want to edit those dates :lol:

Largely I agree that when Britney puts effort into her eras, they are more successful. Scrapping the Make Me video wasn’t a smart move, nor was scrapping BJ or Glory after the 2nd singles under performed.
Exactly
Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Justin Timberlake
JeremySpears
Roadie

Postby Instinct » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:35 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
JeremySpears wrote:Um I'm sorry but "Bad Liar", "Wolves" and "Back to You" all managed to enter the Top 20 without any promo (except for one AMA performance in Wolve's case) and all of them had longevity on the charts. And let's not forget the Top 10 hit "It Ain't Me" and "Fetish" was only 7 spots away from a Top 20 peak. Let's not act like Selena isn't successful anymore.
Ariana is wiping the floor with her :P

JeremySpears wrote:I want Britney to perform "Love Me Down".
I doubt it. I think she'll focus on new songs intead. Rumours about a new single before the show's start keep going strong.
I think it's likely tbh. She performed two new Glory tracks on tour, so I have no doubt she'll add another one for Domination. She can also add new music, which is hopefully coming before the show starts.
Instinct
Manager

Postby Instinct » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:39 pm

IMO, "Perfume" is easily her biggest flop ever, or at least since the digital era began. I know it peaked higher than "Slumber Party", but keep it mind one was a pre-album single that benefited from pre-order hype while the other was released 3 months after the album came out. They both flopped hard, but at least "Slumber Party" has accumulated over +130 million streams between YouTube and Spotify, while "Perfume" is her biggest flop on YouTube AND Spotify.

That being said, I don't think she has truly bombed yet. All her singles since 2007 have at least charted on the Hot 100. So many divas are failing to chart on the Hot 100 these days.
Instinct
Manager

Postby Loveguru » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:39 am

MrLeonix wrote:
Loveguru wrote:Moral of the story is whenever they had good single roll outs and good videos.... they got good results.

1) There wasn't a long break between "Work Bitch" and "Perfume". WB was released on September 17, 2013 while "Perfume" on November 4, 2013 (not even 2 months apart).

2) "Make Me" didn't really flop in the US market . . . . It did flop internationally though.

3) "Pretty Girls" didn't work and was definitely seen as a failure but I'm pretty sure that in theory and on paper it met the criteria of Top 40 hit status. Plenty of divas (even Iggy herself :lol: ) would kill for it's peak and chart run these days.

4) Only "Perfume" and "Slumber Party" really flopped badly. "Perfume" for being boring (killing the hype) and "Slumber Party" because of the long break.
You know when people argue for the sake for the arguing......

You backed everything that i said.

I never said Make me Flopped but it could have been bigger with a a better video.....

Work bitch and perfume was a misharp. Work Bitch didn't work but Perfume should have come Earlier and facts are facts......
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Bazmedia » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:55 am

Please, nothing with Selena Gomez. :)
Bazmedia
Manager

Return to Pop