Ariana Grande - thank u, next

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby Goldmoney » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:30 am

I wonder if this can pick up any crossover R&B airplay. The phrase in question sounds like something a hoodrat would say. :lol:
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:54 am

Goldmoney wrote:I wonder if this can pick up any crossover R&B airplay. The phrase in question sounds like something a hoodrat would say. :lol:
Maybe so...I'm noticing her popularity climbing with black folks as well. All my friends love her actually. A lot of folks I follow on twitter to. The Shaderoom loves to feature her too. 8-)
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:19 am

She is a strong black woman after all... did you see our good sis at Arethra's Funeral sanging
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:12 am

Ariana doesn't need the validation from the fickle and two-faced urban crowd. Obviously, she's getting some love now that she's becoming this major star (since there's no one who can challenge Ariana as the total selling package for the current generation and the urban crowd is always fixated with dominating females).

She should always remember how she was made fun of by those people during the donut licking fiasco. So glad that Ariana and her team are smart enough for not abandoning the pop world in favor to get some 'street cred' points that would only stay with her temporarily.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 am

GetBack wrote:Ariana doesn't need the validation from the fickle and two-faced urban crowd. Obviously, she's getting some love now that she's becoming this major star (since there's no one who can challenge Ariana as the total selling package for the current generation and the urban crowd is always fixated with dominating females).

She should always remember how she was made fun of by those people during the donut licking fiasco. So glad that Ariana and her team are smart enough for not abandoning the pop world in favor to get some 'street cred' points that would only stay with her temporarily.
When is the next Trump rally sis
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Jesper » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:12 am

Loveguru wrote:
GetBack wrote:Ariana doesn't need the validation from the fickle and two-faced urban crowd. Obviously, she's getting some love now that she's becoming this major star (since there's no one who can challenge Ariana as the total selling package for the current generation and the urban crowd is always fixated with dominating females).

:lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby solitaire » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:16 am

This post is racist and simply disgusting. Re-evaluate.
One life with one dream on repeat
solitaire
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:19 am

Are we surprised?
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby Goldmoney » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Jesper wrote:
Loveguru wrote:

:lol:
:lol: :lol:
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby Cless » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Sweetener is her best album so far. I definitely think a new album this month is too soon but can't complain for more Ariana.
Cless
Superstar

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:33 pm

The racist jumped out huh?
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:18 pm

GetBack is black, isn't he?
RayRay
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:27 pm

He is filipino I think?
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby Goldmoney » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:01 pm

RayRay wrote:GetBack is black, isn't he?
Even if he was, we wouldn’t own ha
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby KEY9481 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Whatever his skin color...he is full of hate and anger.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018
KEY9481
Manager

Postby DOSSOME » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Goldmoney wrote:
Even if he was, we wouldn’t own ha
+1... TF was that comment? eww
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby Jesper » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:30 pm

KEY9481 wrote:
Whatever his skin color...he is full of hate and anger.
+1
Full with ignorance and bitterness. I mean it's no suprise, the narrow minded comments he makes in the Bey related threads and the weird obsessive hate towards the Pharrell produced Sweetener tracks, only adds to that weird reply in this thread.

But to go back on topic, I hope she talks soon enough about more info towards this release, I am really excited
Jesper
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:22 pm

He racists that's what he is. thank you , next PERIODT
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:24 pm

The moderators will look into this so please get back on topic.

However, I will point out that nobody mentions racism when terms like ‘wypipo’ are used in a negative way
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Gravity » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:03 pm

So when is this coming out?

I'm so glad she's working heavily with Victoria Monet again - she's by far my favorite collaborator of hers.
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby bluecherry » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:31 pm

biscuits wrote:The moderators will look into this so please get back on topic.

However, I will point out that nobody mentions racism when terms like ‘wypipo’ are used in a negative way
i don’t get offended, but back to the album...
i need it
like yesterday
♡ i bloom just for you ♡

bluecherry
Manager

Postby Loveguru » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:17 pm

Because you can't be racist to white people... do you want to unpack that to you as well?

You can be rude, mean to white people etc but you can't be racist to white people... that is not how racism works.

Example of this... Blackface = racist , whiteface = stupid and ignorant

Even you said used in a negative way.
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:34 pm

^Best post on the forum in a long time.

FFS I can’t believe people still want to throw around completely erroneous terms like “reverse racism” when black people are being shot to death in the street like dogs. It’s unfathomable to me.
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:15 pm

We know y'all love and protect Getback to make sure he can say and get by with whatever he pleases.

That's also not how racism works but I'm glad I don't have to point that out.
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Pompeii » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:50 pm

Loveguru wrote:

Because you can't be racist to white people... do you want to unpack that to you as well?

You can be rude, mean to white people etc but you can't be racist to white people... that is not how racism works.

Example of this... Blackface = racist , whiteface = stupid and ignorant

Even you said used in a negative way.
It's sad that you even have to explain this.
Pompeii
Legend

Return to Pop