Justin Bieber - Best Of (Compilation)

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby Jesper » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:52 am

ludichris wrote:Do compilations like these still need to be produced in this day and age? All streaming services have a top songs list by each artist and many have a 'This Is' section which are effectively greatest hits compilations. This seems pointless.
Well a lot of signs point that this will be mainly for the Japanese market. in Japan there is still a big market for physical releases :lol:
http://store.universal-music.co.jp/product/uicd9086
http://www.universal-music.co.jp/justin ... 2019-01-11
http://www.universal-music.co.jp/justin ... /uicd-9086

Ariana's tracklisting for her 'the Best' release was
1. Break Free
2. Problem Feat. Iggy Azalea
3. Baby I
4. Into You
5. Bang Bang with Jessie J & Nicki Minaj
6. Side to Side Feat. Nicki Minaj
7. One Last Time
8. The Way Feat. Mac Miller
9. Be Alright
10. Love Me Harder with the Weeknd
11. Everyday Feat. Future
12. Right There Feat. Big Sean
13. Greedy
14. Piano
15. Dangerous Woman
16. Best Mistake Feat Big Sean
17. Faith Feat Ariana Grande (Stevie Wonder)
18. Beauty and the Beast with John Legend

So I wouldn't be suprised if Bieber's tracklisting will include
01. Baby
02. Somebody To Love
03. Boyfriend
04. As Long As You Love Me
05. Beauty And a Beat
06. Where Are Ü Now
07. What Do You Mean?
08. Sorry
09. Love Yourself
10. Cold Water
11. Let me Love You
12. Despacito Remix
13. I'm The One
14. 2U
15. Friends

Maybe add two random album tracks in there, maybe Confident or No Brainer or even Never Say Never or Eenie Mienie :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby abi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Goldmoney wrote:Boyfriend is still a low-key bop tho.

Besides that, everything pre-Purpose is garbaj
:o The whole Journal album was A BOP.
abi
Legend

Postby Jesper » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:27 pm

abi wrote: :o The whole Journal album was A BOP.
I always found it the most faceless thing he released, there are probably 100s of unreleased Chris Brown songs that sounded exactly like that release. It was cute for a good second, but that's it.
Jesper
Legend

Postby theMathematician » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:01 am

Additionally, when people are not the biggest fans of act X and just want to have some kind of record that serves as a overview of that act's musical work, a compilation just does the job. There are many people who don't have a Spotify access or don't want to have one, and before I take ages to listen to many songs I might like, I could just as well buy a 'best of' and be sure that a good variety of a singer's songs is included on it - without any stress involved.
Best recent example: Abba's and Queen's best ofs returning to the top 20 due to the successful movies last year. The people could have very well gone through their huge catalogue in order to pick the songs they like. Or just go into the shop, say that you like to buy Abba's or Queen's best of and have it all done along with your other everyday shopping ;) .
theMathematician
Roadie

Postby abi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:35 am

Jesper wrote:
abi wrote: :o The whole Journal album was A BOP.
I always found it the most faceless thing he released, there are probably 100s of unreleased Chris Brown songs that sounded exactly like that release. It was cute for a good second, but that's it.
That is because of his voice. He's probably half awake when he recorded all of that.
abi
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:09 am

Journals hew?
SawyerHewitt wrote:The raw emotion Kween conveys when belting out WBT's climax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY.
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby JeremySpears » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:52 am

theMathematician wrote:Additionally, when people are not the biggest fans of act X and just want to have some kind of record that serves as a overview of that act's musical work, a compilation just does the job. There are many people who don't have a Spotify access or don't want to have one, and before I take ages to listen to many songs I might like, I could just as well buy a 'best of' and be sure that a good variety of a singer's songs is included on it - without any stress involved.
Best recent example: Abba's and Queen's best ofs returning to the top 20 due to the successful movies last year. The people could have very well gone through their huge catalogue in order to pick the songs they like. Or just go into the shop, say that you like to buy Abba's or Queen's best of and have it all done along with your other everyday shopping ;) .
This
Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Justin Timberlake
JeremySpears
Roadie

Return to Pop