Pure Pop Song Idenfication Thread

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby RentBoy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:25 am

Does anyone know this song that has "never gonna fall in love again" in its lyrics and it has a saxophone instrumental part. It's an old song. Thanks :)
RentBoy
Groupie

Postby crazyman324 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:38 pm

George Michael "Careless Whisper"? Though techincally he says "I'm never gonna dance again"
crazyman324
The Ringleader

Postby Virgostar » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:31 am

RentBoy wrote:Does anyone know this song that has "never gonna fall in love again" in its lyrics and it has a saxophone instrumental part. It's an old song. Thanks :)
I wonder if you're thinking about the song played by Burt Bacharach & sung by Elvis Costello in the 2nd Austin Powers movie...unfortunately I've got no idea who did it originally, sorry!
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Blondini » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:31 pm

I'll Never Fall In Love Again

Famous versions are by:

Bobbie Gentry
Dionne Warwick
Ella Fitzgerald
Deacon Blue
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby GRM » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:38 pm

It's a song from the 90's, quite uptempo, the video is a black and white male clown, the song is a male. Literally so stuck to think what it is.
GRM
Manager

Postby mrpaul » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:23 pm

I've heard this song in a shop yesterday
Late 90's - early noughties
Female song, possibly a girl group
Fun, upbeat melody, kind of catchy
Reminded me of Vitamin C, B*Witched
Possible chorus lyrics : "so (or is it keep?) carry on, carry on [...]
my way"
I've heard it before!
Help me please?
mrpaul
Groupie

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:38 pm

CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby mrpaul » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:15 pm

LOL it's not that one though the video is a gem!
mrpaul
Groupie

Postby Cactuar » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:24 am

there's this huge pop/dance song, sung by someone who sounds a lot like Katy Perry, and in the chorus the singer mentions "dominos". I've heard it many times but don't know what it is... :-?
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby toni_pest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:44 am

Cactuar wrote:there's this huge pop/dance song, sung by someone who sounds a lot like Katy Perry, and in the chorus the singer mentions "dominos". I've heard it many times but don't know what it is... :-?
:lol: Jessie J - Domino
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby johnnywalker » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Who are these guys??????????????????????????????? Dying to know, probably my new favourites......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qonx519S ... e=youtu.be
johnnywalker
Groupie

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:32 pm

^ shameless promo!! :lol: You obviously know who they are you posted the link! :roll:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Cactuar » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:18 pm

toni_pest wrote:
Cactuar wrote:there's this huge pop/dance song, sung by someone who sounds a lot like Katy Perry, and in the chorus the singer mentions "dominos". I've heard it many times but don't know what it is... :-?
:lol: Jessie J - Domino
:lol: I'm an idiot. Just saw it on iTunes like 15 seconds ago and remembered this thread.
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby robert989 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:37 am

i dont know if this song belongs here but does anyone know whats the version of the song leaving on the jet plane used in 7500 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tn5WLZWgbY
robert989
Superstar

Postby Toshe » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:43 am

I'm looking for a new song, it's sung by a girl or possibly by a girl group. She/they (I was only able to hear the chorus) sound like Demi Lovato, or perhaps JoJo. I could only hear the line 'Why did I have to say...' repeatedly throughout the chorus.
Toshe
Groupie

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:43 pm

So vague here, the other day I watched a music channel, I think it was Bliss or Vintage and this old classic came on, I couldn't stick around to hear it all but the song was a well known one from the 80's maybe?

In the video there was a guy with glasses in front of a piano and the song was a ballad I think.... :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby oscar7 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:31 am

Hollister is playing this song that kinda sounds like an Olly Murs song. Does anyone know who this is? Here is a portion of the song on YouTube. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NppaE9d3r1I

*I've emailed Hollister and they are allowed to give out information about their playlists due to licensing issues.
oscar7
Groupie

Postby toni_pest » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:40 am

I've been looking for this song for years and the other day it came on but I didn't get the name and forgot the lyrics. :(

It's from the early 00s and a (British?) male is the singer. It's a ballad I think. In the video the guy is in his car singing and it's raining outside and there are some scenes of his girl in a harbour getting on a Titanic-like ship. :-?
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Serby » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:40 pm

^ I would like to help you, but I don't know that song. :oops:

-----------------------------

I was watching one perormance of Kelly Clarcson and at one moment she sang THIS. Anyone know what song is that? :D
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby JimJim » Sun May 06, 2012 5:27 am

Not for me, but for someone else, does anyone know what this video for a pop song from 2003 is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmRjvo-XNtE

serbia95riri wrote:^ I would like to help you, but I don't know that song. :oops:

-----------------------------

I was watching one perormance of Kelly Clarcson and at one moment she sang THIS. Anyone know what song is that? :D
It's 4 Non Blondes - What's Up, a huge hit from the 90s by Linda Perry (Christina Aguilera, P!nk, James Blunt).
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby Bolicheman » Sun May 06, 2012 5:42 am

theres this song i heard a while ago in the gym it came on and i just cant be able to find it!!!
its like an old 70's ballad song that a female sings. its like bob seger's "night moves" slow and ballady, but i cant remember the lyrics or the
name of the song, all i know is that its this blonde female singer from the late 60's or 70's song. please help i know that this isnt any detailed details of the song but im dying to find it. the chorus sounds like her and some background of a backup male singer.
LA Baby! F.U.C.K yeah!
Bolicheman
Manager

Postby Mylostlenore » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 pm

I saw this song on a club music channel, I remember the music video, but not the name of the song. I really liked it. I think it was an 80's track or maybe even an early 90's track.

It sounded a little bit like Seal and Adamski, but it wasn't either of them. I thought the guy mentioned something about life. The music video had these machines and this girl in it. It was very cheesy 80 sci-fi.
Mutya Keisha Siobhan was the best gig I ever went to!
Mylostlenore
Personal Assistant

Postby Mylostlenore » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Mylostlenore wrote:I saw this song on a club music channel, I remember the music video, but not the name of the song. I really liked it. I think it was an 80's track or maybe even an early 90's track.

It sounded a little bit like Seal and Adamski, but it wasn't either of them. I thought the guy mentioned something about life. The music video had these machines and this girl in it. It was very cheesy 80 sci-fi.
It's alright, I found it. The song I was thinking of was Haddaway's Life
Mutya Keisha Siobhan was the best gig I ever went to!
Mylostlenore
Personal Assistant

Postby toni_pest » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 pm

So there is this French song which was fairly big in the past (if I'm not wrong) and I always here it on the radio, but I never heard the name or the artist. It's a female singer and the only lyrics I understand are somehting like 'guayash, guayash' (and that's also the chorus) :lol:
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Godtina » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:08 pm

K there's one song that's sung by two women - one of them is Nelly Furtado and a male. I think it's from 2006. I love it but i can only listen to it if i catch it on the radio :o
X T I N A
Godtina
Groupie

Return to Pop