Marina & The Diamonds x Charli XCX - Just Desserts

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby HBIC » Wed May 01, 2013 5:55 pm

“Just Desserts” is a song recorded by Greek/Welsh singer-songwriter Marina and the Diamonds in collaboration with English singer-songwriter Charli XCX. Much expectation has been generated with this song since the announcement that the two artists would record a song together. The result has finally seen the light. The singers released the song on May 1 to the surprise of all their fans. It was unclear if the song will be part of the reissue of Marina’s album “Electra Heart” (2012) or Charli’s “True Romance” (2013). Viewing official artwork seems that the song will be part of a Marina’s album. The song is a re-worked version of Marina’s demo leaked last year entitled “The Other Foot“.
The song is certainly a delicate and perfect sound mix of the two artists. That Marina’s compositional art with the dirty electronic touch of Charli XCX make “Just Desserts” a delightful song to enjoy after a good meal. Thanks for the dessert, dear!
Listen

love it!! amazing. *fangirling*
HBIC
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed May 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Interesting collabo, the song sounds pretty good, but "Electra Heart" has a lot better songs than this. Maybe (and hopefully) a grower.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Lollo95 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:27 pm

It's quite hard to recognize who's singing what, especially during the second verse where (I think) both are singing/rapping.

BTW, they could've done something better. This sounds too much like a song from a mixtape.
Lollo95
Superstar

Postby Blondini » Wed May 01, 2013 7:28 pm

It's OK. Nothing major.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby SholasBoy » Wed May 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Need a source if it's a single.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Ivica » Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Been hearing this a lot of time on my local radio station, really LOVE this now, brilliant song!
Ivica
Legend

Postby Westen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm so hooked on this song now

but i can't tell which one is singing what :lol:
Westen
Legend

Return to Pop