Britney Spears | Piece of Me [Vegas Residency & 2018 Tour]

Moderators: Spartan, urbanmusik

Postby joiPrince_JO » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:56 pm

MrDiva wrote:
Wayne wrote:It'll be interesting.

A Vegas residency is much harder to keep going than a tour - you've got to be an elite star; Bette Midler couldn't fill it, Cher couldn't, Shania's struggling, Elton did well but with comparatively fewer shows per year than most and etc.

I can't wait for the boxscores - she's predicted to do just over $500k per show, of which she will pocket 60% - that's a really high take-home that can only be sustained if she manages to fill the 4,500 seat theater regularly.

Good luck to her, this will hopefully help her hone her performance skills again ready for a fully fledged world tour.
Cher couldn't?
you must be joking!! :D :roll:
My thoughts exactly. Cher headlined Vegas more then once in the past 40 years.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:01 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:
MrDiva wrote:

A Vegas residency is much harder to keep going than a tour - you've got to be an elite star; Bette Midler couldn't fill it, Cher couldn't, Shania's struggling, Elton did well but with comparatively fewer shows per year than most and etc.

I can't wait for the boxscores - she's predicted to do just over $500k per show, of which she will pocket 60% - that's a really high take-home that can only be sustained if she manages to fill the 4,500 seat theater regularly.

Good luck to her, this will hopefully help her hone her performance skills again ready for a fully fledged world tour.
Cher couldn't?
And the last show at the colosseum was more than a hit... It was from 2008-2011. WHAT A FLOP. lol.
MrDiva
Legend

Postby GetBack » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Official poster! :D :D

GetBack
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:36 pm

December 2013: Friday, Dec. 27; Saturday, Dec. 28; Monday, Dec. 30; Tuesday, Dec. 31
January 2014: Wednesday, Jan. 29; Friday, Jan. 31
February 2014: Saturday, Feb. 1; Tuesday, Feb. 4; Friday, Feb. 7; Saturday, Feb. 8; Wednesday, Feb. 12; Friday, Feb. 14; Saturday, Feb. 15; Tuesday, Feb. 18; Wednesday, Feb.19; Saturday, Feb. 22
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Wayne » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:37 pm

MrDiva wrote:
joiPrince_JO wrote:
MrDiva wrote:

Cher couldn't?
And the last show at the colosseum was more than a hit... It was from 2008-2011. WHAT A FLOP. lol.
I am not joking, check the boxscore data - talking about the most recent run she had, at the Colloseum, not her performances from way back.

She had a great first year, and a bit [as does everyone] - but after that, her boxscore data is a telling story; she was sometimes performing to with a 70% sell-out rate - the majority of her final run of shows are between 80-88% sell-out rates which doesn't cut it, when she was being paid $300,000 per show.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Gagich » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Woop woop!! :D The poster looks so glamorous and the show is going to be epic, Britney will slay... WORK! 8-)
Gagich
Drunk In Love

Postby Mainshow » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:08 pm

:o

MEET & GREET tickets are already sold out until Feb.

#Queen
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Mainshow wrote::o

#Queen
Wut wut :o
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:12 pm

samra wrote:
producers are shooting for a "cool, hip club-like show"
cool, hip :o :lol: :lol:
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby GetBack » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:12 pm

#Queen
:o :o :o :o
GetBack
Legend

Postby Noahh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:10 pm

GetBack wrote:

#Queen
:o :o :o :o
Slayyy us Brit! :cry:
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:38 pm

I've already dealt with the disappointment that she didn't perform today and I've started to become really excited because of her Vegas residency. We already know that her show will be 90 minutes full of her biggest hits. She will perform 20 songs and she wants to "revitalize" her most iconic moments as a performer. That sounds exciting! - So here's my wish-setlist:

1. Stronger
AMA 2001inspired. I think it's a great song to open with. It got attitude and it fits to Britney's current shape perfectly!
2. Hold It Against Me / I Wanna Go [Medley]
3. TBA
4. (You Drive Me) Crazy / Boys [Medley]
5. TBA
6. Gimme More
I still think that her VMA 07 performance was pretty cool. She needs to give us a performance similar to this one. She seems to be confident now and I think that this performance would be really amazing, when the moves are made professionally.
7. Get Naked (I Got A Plan) / (Drop Dead) Beautiful
I love the performances she did at her latest two tours. She needs to combine these! I'd be deliriously happy!
8. I'm A Slave 4 U
9. TBA
10. Overprotected
One of Miley's favourites and I'd love to see the Queen performing this again, especially with the moves from the music video!
11. He About To Lose Me
One of her latest songs she will be able to sing live.
12. The Perfume Song
It's her favourite song from her upcoming album and since it's a ballad, I assume that she'll be able to sing this LIVE.
13. Everytime
14. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction / Oops!...I Did It Again (Rodney Jerkins Remix)
insipred by her VMA 00 performance
15. ...Baby One More Time
inspired by her Britney - Live In Vegas concert
16. Womanizer
as she performed it at X-Factor UK. I'm not here for these effing boring FFT or Circus performances.
17. Toxic
She's just called this song her favourite hit :D. NRJ 2004 was stunning
18. Piece Of Me
Circus tour was flawless.
19. Work Bitch / Scream & Shout
20. Till The World Ends
That performance was perfect at Femme Fatale tour.

Do you have a "Wishlist"?
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Noahh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Mainshow wrote:I've already dealt with the disappointment that she didn't perform today and I've started to become really excited because of her Vegas residency. We already know that her show will be 90 minutes full of her biggest hits. She will perform 20 songs and she wants to "revitalize" her most iconic moments as a performer. That sounds exciting! - So here's my wish-setlist:

1. Stronger
AMA 2001inspired. I think it's a great song to open with. It got attitude and it fits to Britney's current shape perfectly!
2. Hold It Against Me / I Wanna Go [Medley]
3. TBA
4. (You Drive Me) Crazy / Boys [Medley]
5. TBA
6. Gimme More
I still think that her VMA 07 performance was pretty cool. She needs to give us a performance similar to this one. She seems to be confident now and I think that this performance would be really amazing, when the moves are made professionally.
7. Get Naked (I Got A Plan) / (Drop Dead) Beautiful
I love the performances she did at her latest two tours. She needs to combine these! I'd be deliriously happy!
8. I'm A Slave 4 U
9. TBA
10. Overprotected
One of Miley's favourites and I'd love to see the Queen performing this again, especially with the moves from the music video!
11. He About To Lose Me
One of her latest songs she will be able to sing live.
12. The Perfume Song
It's her favourite song from her upcoming album and since it's a ballad, I assume that she'll be able to sing this LIVE.
13. Everytime
14. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction / Oops!...I Did It Again (Rodney Jerkins Remix)
insipred by her VMA 00 performance
15. ...Baby One More Time
inspired by her Britney - Live In Vegas concert
16. Womanizer
as she performed it at X-Factor UK. I'm not here for these effing boring FFT or Circus performances.
17. Toxic
She's just called this song her favourite hit :D. NRJ 2004 was stunning
18. Piece Of Me
Circus tour was flawless.
19. Work Bitch / Scream & Shout
20. Till The World Ends
That performance was perfect at Femme Fatale tour.

Do you have a "Wishlist"?
That setlist is amazing and much better than either the Circus or Femme Fatale one.
Britney's team must get their hands on this as this is probably the perfect setlist. It contains almost all of her big hits and also leaves room for new songs.

I love what you wrote about "Gimme More". If Britney was in good condition during that performance it would've been a great one. The choreography was actually very good and much better than most of what she has done after that performance.

One song that I'd maybe like to be included in the setlist too somehow is "Do Somethin'". Just because it's such a fierce song and I've never seen her perform it live in person! :P

Oh and "Stronger" would be such an epic opener! 8-)
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Noahh wrote:That setlist is amazing and much better than either the Circus or Femme Fatale one.
Britney's team must get their hands on this as this is probably the perfect setlist. It contains almost all of her big hits and also leaves room for new songs.

I love what you wrote about "Gimme More". If Britney was in good condition during that performance it would've been a great one. The choreography was actually very good and much better than most of what she has done after that performance.

One song that I'd maybe like to be included in the setlist too somehow is "Do Somethin'". Just because it's such a fierce song and I've never seen her perform it live in person! :P

I'm glad that you like my setlist and that you agree with it. Do you know a funny fact? I'm accidently listenin' to "Do Somethin'" right now (put my Britney playlist on shuffle). If you ask me, she can perform "Do Somethin'" instead of "Womanizer" or "Toxic". I'm not a huge fan of these songs, but since one is her favourite and the other one is her biggest post-...Baby hit, we'll have to face both of 'em ;)

And thanks for noticing that "Gimme More"'s choreo could've been huge. If you compare her performance to some of the FF or Circus tour ones, you'll see that it wasn't as disastrous as ppl and media said :D
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Noahh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Mainshow wrote:
Noahh wrote:That setlist is amazing and much better than either the Circus or Femme Fatale one.

I'm glad that you like my setlist and that you agree with it. Do you know a funny fact? I'm accidently listenin' to "Do Somethin'" right now (put my Britney playlist on shuffle). If you ask me, she can perform "Do Somethin'" instead of "Womanizer" or "Toxic". I'm not a huge fan of these songs, but since one is her favourite and the other one is her biggest post-...Baby hit, we'll have to face both of 'em ;)

And thanks for noticing that "Gimme More"'s choreo could've been huge. If you compare her performance to some of the FF or Circus tour ones, you'll see that it wasn't as disastrous as ppl and media said :D
She can replace "Womanizer" with "Do Somethin'" anyday for me. "Do Somethin'" is so much more exciting, while "Womanizer" is very repetitive and her performances of it during the tours weren't very impressive. The X-Factor one was good yes so if she does the song then please let it be a similar performance to that. She'll never leave "Toxic" off of the setlist as it is one of her iconic songs, but I agree that it is a tad overrated. I also didn't like the remix they used during the Femme Fatale Tour. If she does the original + choreo than fine but I'm not here for another boring remix. :P

Regarding "Gimme More"... I think it went down as a "disastrous" performance according to lots of people and press because people only knew Britney as a hardcore dancer/performer. However, she hasn't really improved much and we're used to it now. So looking back at that VMA performance of "Gimme More" it definitely wasn't bad at all. With the right mindset and the right amount of energy the performance could've been amazing. I actually think it's a great choreography! :D

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby GetBack » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:40 am

I hope she performs "Born to Make You Happy" again!
GetBack
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:49 am

She needs to perform Soda Pop and Dear Diary.
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby westhammer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:47 pm

I wonder will she sing live for once. She's the worst I've ever seen in concert!
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:47 pm

kushi wrote:Yep. From twitter: "The meet and greet package is $1500. The fan package is $500."
On top of that it'll only be a quick hi and awkward picture with her hands together infront of her since she doesn't like touching fans :roll: Not worth $1500 tbh
Follow me on Instagram

trebor wrote:16. MusicRecords: #Mess #BV #Bish #YSL #STFU #Sis #LOL #$$$ #FrequentFlyerSpammer #I&I&I
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Mainshow » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:53 pm

@Noahh
Cannot agree more. "Womanizer" is too repetitive for my taste. It's my least favourite lead single by Britney.
Oh and I hated that remix of "Toxic" of her FFT as well, whereas I think that the ones of "Boys" & "Gimme More" were absolutely flawless!

@westhammer
Time will tell, but I seriously think that she'll sing some parts live. She's already hired a vocal coach. Does it make sense to pay a vocal coach, when you're not intending to sing live?
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby music126 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Vegas crowds are interesting, she might struggle to fill seats. I see lots of discounted tickets once the hype is over. The age group they are wanting to sell to would rather spend their $ on gambling and drinks, I would think. Will be interesting to see how things go.
music126
Manager

Postby Dior » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:18 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
kushi wrote:Yep. From twitter: "The meet and greet package is $1500. The fan package is $500."
On top of that it'll only be a quick hi and awkward picture with her hands together infront of her since she doesn't like touching fans :roll: Not worth $1500 tbh
You'd have to be brain dead to pay that much to meet Britney.

Grab a tenner and pop into Madame Tussauds and you'll get the exact same experience.
Bsquared wrote:I hate to disagree with you @Dior because you are so handsome.
Dior
Manager

Postby music126 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:47 am

^^oh no you didn't!
music126
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:04 am

Dead :lol: :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby ANH » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:23 am

ohh emm gee, someone said what needed to be said! :lol: :lol: :lol: