Beyoncé - Beyoncé

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby KEY9481 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:22 pm

XO should have been performed in the pool at the Formation World Tour, right before Halo.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018
KEY9481
Manager

Postby abi » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:13 pm

GreekGeek wrote:
Petrie wrote:She will NEVER top this imo.

What a MASTERPIECE!
Yes! i also believe it's her magnum opus. 8-)
Truth.
abi
Legend

Postby ludichris » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:12 pm

What a MASTERPIECE!
I disagree. I think 4 is her best effort, vocally and lyrically.
ludichris
Manager

Postby Gravity » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:13 pm

"You showed your ass..."

Babyface let me down big time with this one. :lol: Far from her best album lyrically IMO.
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby ludichris » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Gravity wrote:"You showed your ass..."

Babyface let me down big time with this one. :lol: Far from her best album lyrically IMO.
OK that one line and Run the World were slightly weak but this album has many WTF lyric moments too. :lol:

There were great songs on this album of course but I wasn't feeling a lot of the lines I heard in songs like Drunk In Love, Blow, Partition, Rocket for example. We all have our own tastes I guess.
ludichris
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:54 pm

ludichris wrote:

What a MASTERPIECE!
I disagree. I think 4 is her best effort, vocally and lyrically.
Same. But I do think this is her best artistically.

4 is my fav, but I can't debate if 4, Self-Titled or Lemonade are the best because they're all stellar albums to me. And follow very closely behind each other in regards to how much I love.
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby BhiveDiva » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:15 pm

I think 4 is overrated. It is a very good album but not her best in any topic imo.

Vocally - B'day
Lyrically and artistically - Lemonade
Visually - BEYONCÉ
Comercially - IASF

Maybe her lovelly era. She underperformed but delivery so much iconic performances. I trully LOVE this era.
Michael Jackson
Janet Jackson
Beyoncé
Whitney Houston
Mariah Carey
Bruno Mars

http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/MarlonSerpa
BhiveDiva
Manager

Postby Loveguru » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:47 am

BhiveDiva wrote:I think 4 is overrated. It is a very good album but not her best in any topic imo.

Vocally - B'day
Lyrically and artistically - Lemonade
Visually - BEYONCÉ
Comercially - IASF

Maybe her lovelly era. She underperformed but delivery so much iconic performances. I trully LOVE this era.
4 was vocally better than bday. She had much more control and range on 4 than b
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Jesper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:31 am

B'day are the roots of most of the rest of her career, I call it her career puberty, which sounds odd, but it basically introduced us to a lot of things she perfected, extended etc. today. It is one of my favourite ever records, but I wouldn't call it the best in most departments. Bey showed immense energy during the performances and the Beyoncé experience is praised as the top favourite tour by a lot of Hive, but vocally she growled a lot during that era, and even though I don't mind that, she has grown to a much better, controlled and dosed vocalist, which blossomed into the 4 album. visually she introduced us to her first visual project the video anthology, a lot of great videos, but during the Selftitled era she perfected what she started during the B'Day era, and elevated it during the Lemonade era. Sasha was born during the B'Day era, the beast she presented on stage during that era, got molded into what she later called Sasha Fierce, which made her a commercial monster during that era.

btw no disrespect to DIL, which delivered the amazing hit singles and an amazing start to her career, but she really got into her own as performer and artist during B'Day and evolved with the eras after.

Her 'best' album probably isn't even recorded yet, but from her current albums, I think it would be a close call between 4, Selftitled and Lemonade, since all 3 focus on different aspects and have different strengths.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Hype » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:37 am

I really don't understand why 4 is highly regarded on here. For me, it's easily her weakest album.

Self Titled is her strongest so far. Full of bops, amazing visuals and the album flows so excellently. Lemonade is good but not as good as BEYONCE. Dangerously In Love is a classic in my eyes, and B'Day is so energetic and full of sass, it epitomises everything Beyoncé is to me.

If I rank her albums it is

1. Beyonce
2. B'Day
3. Dangerously In Love
4. Lemonade
5. I Am... Sasha Fierce
6. 4

IASF and Lemonade probably swap over quite a lot.
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Jealous :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Petrie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:04 pm

^ her best song along with ‘Mine’.
Petrie
Personal Assistant

Postby Jesper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Ghost/Haunted is also still a career highlight, I just adore everything about that
Jesper
Legend

Postby hellohello » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:45 pm

Jesper wrote:Ghost/Haunted is also still a career highlight, I just adore everything about that
This song never gets old. It just sounds timeless and experimental. I would go as far to say that this is most experimental song she has ever put out so far imo. I actually prefer Ghost than Haunted but both compliment each other so well.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby hellohello » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Petrie wrote:^ her best song along with ‘Mine’.
I agree. 'Mine' is just so timeless. Like futuristic R&B. 8-)
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby abi » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

^Whewwww love y'all taste.

"Jealous", "Mine" & "Drunk" are the trinity of this album. Followed by "Ghost" at the fourth place.
abi
Legend

Postby Petrie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:06 pm

hellohello wrote:
Dreamt about a Beyoncé & Drake collab for years before ‘Mine’ was released. They are both my 2 favourite artist ever and I legit died when I seen the track list.

Could not of asked for a better collab.

The production is top notch too, Noah Shebib 40 really did his thing on this one.
Petrie
Personal Assistant

Postby GreekGeek » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Jesper wrote:Ghost/Haunted is also still a career highlight, I just adore everything about that
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby BeeBoy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Petrie wrote:
hellohello wrote:
Dreamt about a Beyoncé & Drake collab for years before ‘Mine’ was released. They are both my 2 favourite artist ever and I legit died when I seen the track list.

Could not of asked for a better collab.

The production is top notch too, Noah Shebib 40 really did his thing on this one.
They should've released it as a single after Partition :evil:
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby Yoshie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:07 pm

I never could decide whether I prefer Beyonce or Lemonade. Lemonade is more impressive as a visual album; I feel that she began to experiment more with her visuals with this record, but perfected and polished it with Lemonade. Musically, Lemonade explores a wider range of genres, but all in all I think Beyonce might be stronger in quality for me. This was such an important, pivotal record in her career, a real turning point for her as an artist.

Jealous, Ghost/Haunted, Mine and No Angel are among the best songs for me. There are no filler or bad tracks.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Petrie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Yoshie wrote:I never could decide whether I prefer Beyonce or Lemonade. Lemonade is more impressive as a visual album; I feel that she began to experiment more with her visuals with this record, but perfected and polished it with Lemonade. Musically, Lemonade explores a wider range of genres, but all in all I think Beyonce might be stronger in quality for me. This was such an important, pivotal record in her career, a real turning point for her as an artist.

Jealous, Ghost/Haunted, Mine and No Angel are among the best songs for me. There are no filler or bad tracks.
Take out Haunted (but keep Ghost) and my 4 faves are the same as yours :P

No Angel is so underrated :cry:
Petrie
Personal Assistant

Postby Yoshie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:18 pm

No Angel is vocally one of her most accomplished songs, hands down.

***Flawless and Heaven are other highlights for me. Rocket grew on me massively over the years since the album was released. What kind of faultless sex jam? :cry:
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Petrie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Yoshie wrote:No Angel is vocally one of her most accomplished songs, hands down.

***Flawless and Heaven are other highlights for me. Rocket grew on me massively over the years since the album was released. What kind of faultless sex jam? :cry:
The bridge in No Angel >>>>

To be honest the only tracks I dislike are, Superpower and Pretty Hurts, not a massive lover of Rocket either but it’s ok. The rest of the album is faultless.

God I would do anything to hear the unreleased tracks she did for this album :cry:
Petrie
Personal Assistant

Postby mattsky » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Her best album.

1. Beyonce
2. I Am... Sasha Fierce
3. B'Day
4. 4
5. Lemonade
6.Dangerously In Love
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby Jesper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:14 pm

I am still surprised how people rank IASF so high on her album ranking, I could understand it when we talk about overall era, but it is everything but a solid body of work :oops: more like a playlist with great highlights :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Return to The Retro