Joss Stone - Water For Your Soul

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

Postby RaFanatic » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Any artists out there? I Need You!!!

I thought it might be fun to give my fans a go at designing my next album cover.

Know that this next album is a mix of a fair few different styles, the backbone is reggae and Hip-Hop, but of course it is as soulful as I could muster. With some fresh R&B flavours, some Blues, Gospel, some vibes, Irish fiddle, we're even considering adding an accordion to a track called 'Molly Town', trying to capture a French feel as it was written about a couple I met in Bordeaux.

The title is called 'Water For Your Soul' as music is just that, so drink and be merry!

For details on how to get involved and all the prizes click on the link below.

I cant wait to see all your covers.

Love Joss xx

http://bit.ly/1rWCCEe
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES :cry: This made my day <3 Description of the album sounds really interesting.
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby Jesper » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:14 pm

I'm ready for new Joss
Jesper
Legend

Postby EternalFighter » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm so ready. Every single album she's put out since Colour Me Free has been top notch.
EternalFighter
Groupie

Postby Hype » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Looking forward to this!! I loved the last 2 albums.
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby BillyBlitzkid » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:44 am

Just Saturday a friend asked me where Joss is and what she's up to. I said she is on a total world tour and there shouldn't be a new album anytime soon... I am SO effing glad that I was wrong.
Many miles many roads I have traveled
Fallen down on the way
Many hearts many years have unraveled
Leading up to today
BillyBlitzkid
Manager

Postby Nackar » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:02 am

YES! Looking forward to this! Critics can bash her all they want (they can be extremely rude too), but I love all her recent output!
Nackar
Legend

Postby Odyssey » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 am

YES. Great news. This girl have SOUL!!!
Odyssey
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:27 am

Yay, new Joss! :D I love this girl.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Airwrecka » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Anvay should enter as the representative from UKMix. :D
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Wardo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:46 pm

Another era, here we go, Ra! :D

I should submit a cover.
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby urbanmusik » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:49 pm

Joss is one of the few artists who doesn't end up making cheap sounding music after making the transition from major label to self-released, I'm looking forward to this.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby Era » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Airwrecka wrote:Anvay should enter as the representative from UKMix. :D
Done :wink:

Know only few songs from her but excited anyway :D
I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you.
Era
Legend

Postby Nava22 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:56 am

I LOVE the fact she's completely slept on yet continues to knock out new, quality music every other year. Breaking away from EMI was the best thing she ever did!
"Free me, FreE.M.I!" - sing it Joss!!
Nava22
Manager

Postby RaFanatic » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:35 am

Wardo wrote:Another era, here we go, Ra! :D
Yessss :cry:

We're at the half way stage of the Design The Cover competition and we can't begin to tell you how amazing lots of the entries are!!

Don't fret though, there's still 10 days to go before the competition closes and you can enter as many times as you like! Click the link below for more details.

http://bit.ly/1rWCCEe

Team Joss xx
I really hope we're getting first single soon.
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby Kirill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Joss may be one of few artists who never disappoints. All of her albums are amazing, so bring it on, lady! :lol:
Kirill
Manager

Postby ktar » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:10 pm

OMG YES YES YES :cry:
Slay me my Queen once again!!!!!!
Most anticipated album like ever!!
ktar
Manager

Postby abi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:11 am

Just found out about the competition! :o

Lemme join.
abi
Legend

Postby RaFanatic » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Amidst her world travels, Joss Stone has found time to make her next album, which she hopes to finish in November for release in the spring of 2015. Stone tells Billboard that she's "towards the end of making" the set, which she's tentatively titled Water For Your Soul.

"It's different," she says. "It's like a mix between reggae, hip-hop, R&B, a bunch of different elements in there, really, even some Indian influence, maybe a little Irish influence. Trying to mix that together is a bit of a challenge, but I like it. It's really strange, but it's a really cool record."

Stone says he's been working on "loads" of songs for the project, including some she's written with Damian Marley, one of her bandmates in the short-lived all-star project SuperHeavy with Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart and A.R. Rahman. "The actual concept of this record was kind of born when I met (Marley)," Stone explains. "When I worked with him on the SuperHeavy record, he said, 'Joss, you got to make a reggae record.' I said, 'Damian, I'm not Jamaican. I can't do that.' Then I thought, 'Yes I can.' You don't have to be from any place to do any kind of style, so I thought, 'OK, I'm gonna do this.' "

Hip-hop, meanwhile, is "the backbone" of the album, according to Stone. "The bass and the drums are more hip-hop than anything else. I'm not rapping, but the backbone and the weight is hip-hop. There's some early reggae elements that find their way in there, but in general it's hip-hop."

Stone has been trying out some of the new songs during her Total World Tour, a three-year endeavor she began during April with a goal of visiting 204 countries, including many that never, or seldom, host concerts.

"I asked a friend once, 'Has anybody done a world tour?' and he said, 'Yeah, they do them all the time,' " says Stone. "So I said, 'Great, we'll play a gig in every country in the world.' And he said, 'No, Joss, people don't do that. People play world tours, but not every country.' And I said, 'Well, hang on a minute. How come this country is more important than that country,' and the answer, of course, is this country pays. I feel like that's wrong, somehow, and I'm lucky enough to get paid to play, and I can use that money to go and play for people that don't ever get played for and make this a proper world tour."

Stone says the venture is "flying by the seat of its pants" but has already played in remote locales such as Lesotho, South Africa, where she played a show for Sentebale, a charity co-founded by Britain's Prince Harry. She's filming frequently during the trek and says a post-tour documentary is definitely possible; she mostly hopes the endeavor allows her to tell a positive story about humanity.

"I'm interested in all the different cultures and how they work," explains Stone. "And I'm very interested in human beings and how a lot of the time I hear people talking trash about human beings and that we're ruining the planet and are horrible to each other and kill each other all day long. My belief is there are 95 percent beautiful people on the planet, and five percent that make the splash that's negative. I think this (tour) will show I'm right about that.
Waiiiitttttttttttt :o :o :o :o :o :o
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby Wardo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Reggae and Hip-Hop, what else could we want??? :D
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Airwrecka » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:07 pm

When's she gonna reveal Era's winning cover? :P
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Wardo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:09 pm

Imagine the epicness if Abi or Anvay actually wins this??? :o
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby WakeUpMusic » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Wardo wrote:Reggae and Hip-Hop, what else could we want??? :D
Duet with Ava Leigh please!
Welcome to the underworld
Where the love's at first sight
The kind that we like
Under, under, under, underworld
WakeUpMusic
Manager

Postby RaFanatic » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:16 pm

Well it certainly has been a difficult but very fun job choosing the artwork for this next album.
Thank you a thousand times to all of you who took part. I loved seeing what you see. The effort and love that has been put into each piece of artwork we received was very inspiring for me. So thank you for that.
I have chosen this piece because it says to me how free we can be. It says to me love, fluidity; Mother Nature's earth is what gives us soul. This lady here looks like the wild flower fairy I wish I could be. She is beautiful, Unstoppable and graceful like the rivers that join with the deep blue sea. Eternally free. And that is how I want to feel I wish for everyone to feel that when receiving what I have to give.
Thanks you Aofie ! You captured something very special here.
Now I just really hope you like the music.
I better get my ass back in the studio and make this album live up to its cover!
Xxxx
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby Wardo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Ohh it's nice, very original. Her description is perfect.
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Airwrecka » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Hmm, I like the concept better than the execution. Its definitely original, but a bit of a mess tbh. :lol:
Last edited by Airwrecka on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Return to R&B & Urban