TLC | TLC

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:25 am

biscuits wrote:Joy Ride
Start a Fire
It's Sunny
American Gold

I don't need the rest.
'It's Sunny' is one of the worst things they've ever released. I don't hate it it... but it's so average.
I hate that it was an UK (radio) single and that it'll probably the last single they will ever release.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Goldmoney » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm

So it’s agreed that It’s Sunny is the most embarrassing thing they’ve ever recorded, right?
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Goldmoney wrote:So it’s agreed that It’s Sunny is the most embarrassing thing they’ve ever recorded, right?
Of course. Like why would they even?
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:32 am

"It's Sunny" is not that bad, the lyrics are just so corny. It should have been the biopic soundtrack and "Meant to Be" should have been here instead. :lol: :lol: :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:42 am

Almost a year old.

Haters remains their worst song
biscuits
The Diva

Postby GetBack » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:44 am

biscuits wrote:Almost a year old.

Haters remains their worst song
And their worst video too!
GetBack
Legend

Postby youngd » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:32 pm

It’s Sunny is actually a good song. The live version is better than the recording. They were going for a Pharrell “Happy” type song.

The biggest issue I have is the lack of promotion for the album. The week of they were nowhere to be found on tv, radio and etc. It’s as if they threw in towel expecting “defeat,” and wanted things to play out quietly.

T-Boz promoted her book “A Sick Life” more than TLC’s album. If you are going to go the indie route, you have to work even harder in terms of promotion, but with a much smaller budget. There are so many creative ways they could have leveraged social media to help offset that. I wish they would have went the major label route.
youngd
Roadie

Postby GetBack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:05 am

youngd wrote:It’s Sunny is actually a good song. The live version is better than the recording. They were going for a Pharrell “Happy” type song.

The biggest issue I have is the lack of promotion for the album. The week of they were nowhere to be found on tv, radio and etc. It’s as if they threw in towel expecting “defeat,” and wanted things to play out quietly.

T-Boz promoted her book “A Sick Life” more than TLC’s album. If you are going to go the indie route, you have to work even harder in terms of promotion, but with a much smaller budget. There are so many creative ways they could have leveraged social media to help offset that. I wish they would have went the major label route.
I'm just so happy they toured! I wonder if they will get signed by Def Jam or whatever label. For sure, fans will never fund them ever again after the messy rollout of this album!
GetBack
Legend

Postby youngd » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:49 am

@Get Back, I am glad they toured and are continuing to do so on a regular basis. They have been touring heavily since the summer of 2013, which preceded the fall premiere of their VH1 biopic. They have done shows (arena and more intimate settings) in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the UK, Paris, and a few dates in South Africa are coming.

Regarding the major label contract, they had offers but didn’t accept because they did not like the terms of the 360 contracts. A smart move financially speaking though, because most r/b artists on major labels are selling similar amounts to what TLC’s indie kickstarter album.
youngd
Roadie

Postby GetBack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:56 am

youngd wrote:@Get Back, I am glad they toured and are continuing to do so on a regular basis. They have been touring heavily since the summer of 2013, which preceded the fall premiere of their VH1 biopic. They have done shows (arena and more intimate settings) in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the UK, Paris, and a few dates in South Africa are coming.

Regarding the major label contract, they had offers but didn’t accept because they did not like the terms of the 360 contracts. A smart move financially speaking though, because most r/b artists on major labels are selling similar amounts to what TLC’s indie kickstarter album.
Yes, I actually saw them here with SWV opening for them! :D :D :D
GetBack
Legend

Postby youngd » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:52 pm

That’s great! They put on a good show! They are the biggest U.S. girl group of the 90’s. According to the RIAA, they are still the best selling r/b girl group of all time.
youngd
Roadie

Postby GetBack » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:54 am

youngd wrote:That’s great! They put on a good show! They are the biggest U.S. girl group of the 90’s. According to the RIAA, they are still the best selling r/b girl group of all time.
Maybe if they signed with Def Jam, their certifications will be updated. Who knows?! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
GetBack
Legend

Postby youngd » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:35 am

GetBack wrote:
youngd wrote:That’s great! They put on a good show! They are the biggest U.S. girl group of the 90’s. According to the RIAA, they are still the best selling r/b girl group of all time.
Maybe if they signed with Def Jam, their certifications will be updated. Who knows?! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
That is desperately needed, No Scrubs and Waterfalls streaming numbers and digital sales are massive I’m sure.
youngd
Roadie

Return to R&B & Urban