Bruno Mars - 24K Magic [album]

Moderators: trebor, urbanmusik, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby ThaInfo1 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:49 am

I'm convinced his ass is magical.
BARDI GANG!!!
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Guru » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:53 pm

GetBack wrote:It would be interesting if this is a brand new single! Hope it's not just another copy-paste remix!
My first thought would be that it’s a copy and paste remix :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Madelinefs » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:14 pm

TONIGHT !! Our special, Bruno Mars Live From Harlem, airs in the UK. @BBCOne at 10.25pm. Worth a watch to see the greatest living performer do his thing ! Thanks to the @Fulwell73 team who made it happen. @bbcmusic #brunomars
https://twitter.com/benwinston/status/9 ... 6229950465
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby GetBack » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:10 pm

More than a year since this has been released and it still sounds so fresh! It really reminds me of the R&B albums of the eighties and nineties where the songs are timeless. Usually, R&B albums especially those released in the new millennium are hype-driven because of the commercial aspect, but this one is a masterpiece from start to end. Bruno just did his thing and all the songs just came to life with every live performance, it's indeed a solid body of work.
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
GetBack
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:36 am

While i like this album, it's my least favorite Bruno album.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:21 pm

spiritboy wrote:While i listen this album, it's my favorite Bruno album.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Guru wrote:
spiritboy wrote:While i listen this album, it's my favorite Bruno album.
BARDI GANG!!!
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby abi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:52 am

I'm just so happy that while many albums these days are very short-lived, Bruno is still milking it even after a year.

And while we're at it, I want "Calling All My Lovelies" as the last single, like PLEAASSSEEEE. I don't care if it flops or if it's not promoted whatever, I just want a great music video with Halle Berry in it. That's it.
abi
Legend

Postby frrr » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:33 am

abi wrote:I'm just so happy that while many albums these days are very short-lived, Bruno is still milking it even after a year.

And while we're at it, I want "Calling All My Lovelies" as the last single, like PLEAASSSEEEE. I don't care if it flops or if it's not promoted whatever, I just want a great music video with Halle Berry in it. That's it.
Enjoy Finesse for now, I'm sure if it becomes a hit we will get another single :wink:
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Manager

Postby Madelinefs » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:31 pm

This is so cute, and deserves more views :wink:
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby dark26 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:48 am

spiritboy wrote:While i like this album, it's my least favorite Bruno album.
It’s my favorite one!
dark26
Groupie

Postby Madelinefs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:51 am

dark26 wrote:
spiritboy wrote:While i like this album, it's my least favorite Bruno album.
It’s my favorite one!
+1
Finesse, TWIL CAML alone>>>>>>>>>>
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby Madelinefs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:00 am

NEW YORK TIMES: Meet the Stereotypes, the Guys Who Help Give Bruno Mars His Bounce
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/24/arts ... um=twitter

In the summer of 2016, Mr. Yip texted Mr. Mars to catch up. Fortunately, the “24K Magic” sessions were ending, and Mr. Mars invited the Stereotypes to the studio to add a little seasoning. “He was like, ‘I want to dance,’” Mr. Romulus, 35, recalled. “In this day and age of going out, in the clubs, everyone’s on their phone, standing around, looking at each other. It felt great to create a backdrop that was going to make people dance again.”

After fine-tuning “24K Magic,” the ’80s funk homage that would become the album’s first single, the Stereotypes and Mr. Mars created “Finesse” from scratch. Mr. Mars requested the new jack swing sound of Keith Sweat and Bobby Brown “and we were like, say no more,” Mr. Romulus said. “When was the last time someone asked for that?”

Mr. Yip called Mr. Mars’s studio “a candy store” for musicians.

“You look around,” he continued, “and there’s Junos, Moogs, analog synths that you can’t even imagine. In the live room, three drum sets, two pianos, bongos, all miked and ready to record at any given moment,” he said. “It became a jam session.”

“That’s What I Like” was the final major piece in need of a percussive shake-up. A more stripped-down demo of the song existed, but Mr. Mars told the Stereotypes, “I want it to move like this.” They complied, combining hip-swinging empty space with a groove that is modernized by trap drums. “We brought the bounce!” Mr. Romulus said
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby frrr » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:05 am

^Thanks
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Manager

Postby Madelinefs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:07 am

NATIONAL POST: Grammy-winning Canadian sound engineer on finding gold with Bruno Mars
http://nationalpost.com/pmn/entertainme ... bruno-mars

When Bruno Mars steps off the stage after his concerts, Canadian Grammy-winning sound engineer Charles Moniz knows to be prepared for another burst of magic.

It happened last November when the singer swaggered into his backstage recording studio in Los Angeles with Cardi B to lay down a remix of “Finesse.” Still bursting with energy from her massive Billboard hit “Bodak Yellow,” the rapper jumped on a new verse while Mars added some freshness of his own.

Without Moniz capturing their voices, neither one of them would’ve sounded quite so good on the radio. He found the right microphones and played a role in bringing all the sound elements together in the moment.

“Creativity comes, and I think when it shows up you need to honour that,” said Moniz, who’s nominated for three Grammy Awards on Sunday.

Even if most listeners don’t immediately recognize his work, the engineer’s fingerprints are all over a few of modern pop’s biggest albums and beloved radio hits.

He won a Grammy for Adele’s “25” last year and pocketed another for helping record Mark Ronson’s inescapable “Uptown Funk,” which features Mars on vocals. He captured the infectious “doh” vocal bassline in a dressing room.

Moniz, who grew up in Burlington, Ont., was even more closely involved in Mars’s Grammy-nominated “24K Magic,” which is contending for best engineered album, as well as the prized record and song of the year awards.

The project took shape over nearly two years, starting with demos that evolved into singles like “Versace on the Floor” and “That’s What I Like.” It was a lengthy recording stretch propelled by the singer’s tendency towards perfectionism.

“We’ll honestly feel really good about a song,” Moniz explained, “but Bruno always is willing to be like, ‘OK, cool. Let’s see if we can push it further.”‘

“There’s really no stone left unturned,” he added.

The singer’s determined approach proved fruitful when it came to the Grammy prospects for “24K Magic.” In total, the album and its songs are nominated in six categories, making Mars the third most-nominated artist this year behind Jay-Z and Kendrick Lamar.

Moniz began working with Mars after a stint as Avril Lavigne’s guitarist from 2001 to 2005.

He made connections that brought him into the R&B singer’s circles, first as his bass player before taking a different role in the creation process as recording engineer.

His work alongside Mars on 2012’s “Unorthodox Jukebox” delivered the song “Locked Out of Heaven,” a stunning melodic hit driven by its epic harmonies.

Outside the studio, Moniz plays a part in the singer’s tour crew. He records concerts across the world with Mars and plugs away at side projects with the singer.

Their working partnership continues to evolve, he said, and with each recording he better understands the singer’s approach to making music.

Mars wanted “24K Magic” to exist as not only a studio album but as the foundation for his live show.

He encouraged producers and musicians to envision all the songs being played in front of an audience, drafting an idea to create a mock concert stage layout in the recording space.

“That’s something that Bruno came up with that I felt was really genius,” Moniz said.

“(He asked,) ‘In the real world how does this play? How does it make you feel? Can you dance to it?”‘

Mars will set out on tour next month and the duo are almost certain to hit the studio again to throw down a few new ideas.

“He’s always an evolving artist,” Moniz said. “He’s definitely by no means ever stagnant.”
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby lia » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:28 am

He really did breathe life into the stereotypes' career, it looks like they were struggling before joining Mars on the making of 24k Magic. I am really happy for them.
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar

Postby Madelinefs » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Bruno is so winning BIG 8-)

TELEVISED CATEGORIES
Album of the Year
Record of the Year
Song of the Year
Best New Artist

Best Pop Solo Performance
Best Rap/Sung Performance
Best Rap Album
Best Country Album

Best Comedy Album
NONE of the rnb categories is televised

+1st winner of the night was...

BEST ENGINEERED ALBUM, NON-CLASSICAL

WINNER

24K Magic
Bruno Mars
8-) 8-) 8-) hellll yeaaaaah!!!
Last edited by Madelinefs on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby frrr » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:59 pm

+ the pre-ceremony is live on Facebook and grammy official site.

That best-engineered album means R&B album
frrr
Manager

Postby Madelinefs » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:24 pm

frrr wrote:That best-engineered album means R&B album
No it's not :lol:
Who told you that? It's a technical award for album engineers.
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby frrr » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:31 pm

Madelinefs wrote:
frrr wrote:That best-engineered album means R&B album
No it's not :lol:
Who told you that? It's a technical award for album engineers.
The album who wins that award, also wins the genre category it is selected for, in this case R&B
frrr
Manager

Postby Madelinefs » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 pm

Bruno wins Best R&B Performance with That's What I like :wink:
Bruno wins Best R&B Song with That's What I like :wink: 8-)
BEST R&B ALBUM 24K MAGIC (Bruno Mars) winner

3/3 8-)
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby frrr » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:44 pm

Madelinefs wrote:Bruno wins Best R&B Performance with That's What I like :wink:
Bruno wins Best R&B Song with That's What I like :wink: 8-)
BEST R&B ALBUM 24K MAGIC (Bruno Mars) winner

3/3 8-)
Told ya. He is also going to win one of the big categories :)
frrr
Manager

Postby GetBack » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:47 am

Oh my god! :o :o :o :o :o
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
GetBack
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:04 am

frrr wrote:Told ya. He is also going to win one of the big categories :)
One? How about all? Congrats to Bruno on tonight's sweep!
#WakandaForever
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Guru » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:29 am

Surprisingly, his least fave single of mine won. Oh well, we’ll done either way.
Guru
Guru

Return to R&B & Urban