Mariah Carey - I Don't (ft. YG)

Moderators: Benjamin, stevyy

Postby LongingHeart » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:03 am

EAI wrote:^Trust me, I get bashed for voicing my criticism on Mariah anything. However my expectations are realistic. I will never expect her to sing like she did in 1994, but I do expect good vocals. They were acting as if she can't sing anymore after I posted that VOL performance which doesn't make sense to me. It really wasn't a bad performance. She did seem nervous but she definitely didn't lose her voice.
Exactly
Shame on me for changing.... no no no... shame on you for stayin' the same.
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby biscuits » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:54 pm

A nice, smooth vocal without stuttering and looking like her voice depended on it would be nice.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby GetBack » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:09 am

Her voice sounds so thin now, even on this song's verses, there's so much layering. Not to mention, every time she goes on television, she always had the worst vocals (Michael Jackson tribute, "All I Want for Christmas Is You" actual vocals fiasco, New Year's Eve scandal, etc). Extreme fan hype cannot bring her back to being taken seriously.
GetBack
Legend

Postby EAI » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:30 am

What really makes me sad is that people will only judge her off her recent TV performances. She is still to this day getting trashed for losing her voice over that xmas performance, meanwhile she was giving her best performances of the decade in concert 2 weeks after the incident. Too bad people aren't interested in her when she sounds good. I doubt any of you will watch the video I linked here, but that goes to show what she never does on TV.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Loveguru » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:20 am

Let's be clear people are not bashing her for her vocals.. it's perfomance. You can have bad vocals but be entertaining.

She awkwardly stands and waves.. then has bad vocal moments
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby EAI » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:31 am

People were CLEARLY bashing her for bad vocals. The awkwardness may add to it but it's vocals that she's unfairly bashed for compared to her peers.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Loveguru » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:40 am

EAI wrote:People were CLEARLY bashing her for bad vocals. The awkwardness may add to it but it's vocals that she's unfairly bashed for compared to her peers.
Because without her vocals she has NOTHING. :lol: let's be real
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby LongingHeart » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:44 am

Loveguru wrote:
EAI wrote:People were CLEARLY bashing her for bad vocals. The awkwardness may add to it but it's vocals that she's unfairly bashed for compared to her peers.
On stage maybe yes. She is a singer who doesn't dance... so what else is new? Not really different to other artists but ok.
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby Loveguru » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:48 am

If this was Mariah 90-2005 who was being vocally shaky it would be okay because she had charisma, charm and X factor... she HAD ALOT OF THINGS going for her before she opened her mouth.

Right now without her voice she is just a shift figure trying to forge a singing career. I am talking about the now.
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby EAI » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:49 am

Loveguru wrote:Because without her vocals she has NOTHING. :lol: let's be real
Same could be said about most other vocalists.
If she could no longer perform, her songwriting is brilliant enough to carry her career behind the scenes.
All I'm saying is that there is an unfair bias against Mariah when it comes to vocals. The woman can still sing but gets judged 100x harder than her peers who either sound worse than Mariah or sound marginally better. People hate on her because it's the popular thing to do these days.
EAI
Superstar

Postby LongingHeart » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:15 am

...and the now is, she's still a great songwriter and producer - not everbody does that - and she still got a beautiful voice. So the now is still pretty good.
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby Loveguru » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:01 am

EAI wrote:
If she could no longer perform, her songwriting is brilliant enough to carry her career behind the scenes.
All I'm saying is that there is an unfair bias against Mariah when it comes to vocals. The woman can still sing but gets judged 100x harder than her peers who either sound worse than Mariah or sound marginally better. People hate on her because it's the popular thing to do these days.
This forum comes for Jessie J's vocals and Xtina like no tmr. You need to accept some things that are wrong with your idol right now

Anyways w/e lambs are annoying delusional. When you and your idol stop being delusional then you will enter the hot 100 bubbling under .
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby EAI » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:09 am

^First of all, let's not, because the lambs attack me all the time for being overly critical of Mariah so you got the wrong one. Secondly, Mariah is on the Hot 100 this week so try again. I can name hundreds of things wrong with Mariah right now, but I will never say that she can't sing anymore unless she truly could no longer deliver. Sorry if that sounds delusional to you.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Gravity » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:57 am

I think that more people would appreciate Mariah's current vocals if she cut off that goddamn lipping. It's hard to respect a singer that needs to lip at least one part of every song.
We build bridges, not walls
Gravity
Superstar

Postby biscuits » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:01 am

Lambs always bring up random concert videos when people bash her performances. The public isn't interested in that, they are interested in official televised performances. If she is so good in concert, why can't she do the same on TV? That's all she needs to do.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby stevyy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:27 am

biscuits wrote:Lambs always bring up random concert videos when people bash her performances. The public isn't interested in that, they are interested in official televised performances. If she is so good in concert, why can't she do the same on TV? That's all she needs to do.
because her voice needs constant singing. her first 1-2 shows during a tour aren't as strong as the rest of the tour. She is to blame for it. As a professional artist she needs to train and use her voice EVERY single day to keep it strong. She must not drink alcohol. She must not inhale dry air or smoke of any kind.

A great TV performance may require 2 weeks of preparation for her today.. and I believe she is not willing to work THAT hard for a TV performance.

But the thing is, even with those shaky TV performances... she does have amazing concerts on her tours and that is what ppl will never accept nor mention bc it doesn't fit their narrative. And that's the worst thing.

I mean call the latest VoL performance good or bad.. but the fact that people claim she lipsynched the whole song (while it was the first time since 1998 that she sang a song completely live and without a backing track) shows a) how uneducated people have become and b) how deep-rooted the hatred towards her has grown.

I remember when she peformed HERO on X-Factor looking so stiff... and ppl bashed her for it, like loveguru is doing right now ... the thing is that she said on Barbara Walters that she had just suffered a miscarriage.... hindsight is 20/20.

The stiffness accusations never deal with context. How would you feel when the entire world called you a liar, when Whoopi said that there were NO technical errors on NYE and that the problem laid on Mariah 100%... (she would later address the fact that some artists had technical issues at the Grammys last sunday reversing her own reasoning of how there cannot be technical issues on big shows)...

I would stand like a statue trying to hit all the notes and not pass out bc the slightest inconsistency would have been used against her. Mariah is not allowed to stop a performance and say "let's start from scratch"... She tried that once at VH1's Save the Music and was crucified by the media...

She cannot like Sia address a horrible vocal moment live while singing, like sia did last year on GMA when her voice was shot and she couldn't sing her own songs. It was adorable to see all the support she got and how the audience tried to help her sing the song...

Mariah had the same issue in 1999 performing CTTA on Oprah i believe and was murdered by the press.

There is a double standard. The fact that she addressed it shows how afraid she must be when performing on TV.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:37 am

The inertia in that performance is so sad.

Can't they put her on a dress that allows leg movement?
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby LongingHeart » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Loveguru wrote:
EAI wrote:
This forum comes for Jessie J's vocals and Xtina like no tmr. You need to accept some things that are wrong with your idol right now

Anyways w/e lambs are annoying delusional. When you and your idol stop being delusional then you will enter the hot 100 bubbling under .
Of course you're generalising everyone, what else, forever young yolo.
We, EAI & myself especially, "accept" things that are wrong with her - did you hear us say "her stage presence is fierce" ? Uhm no. Did you hear us say "her vocals performing the song were good" yes because they were. Did we say she's still hitting notes like 15 years ago? No, because that's wrong.
you are negative and annoying af.
She's had her 47th Hot100 song with I Don't so there is that and I'm glad you stan for successful artists.
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby biscuits » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:49 pm

I think it's unreasonable to post a video and then get crabby when people comment on it. Otherwise post the video and add 'only positive comments pls'
biscuits
The Diva

Postby stevyy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:51 pm

biscuits wrote:I think it's unreasonable to post a video and then get crabby when people comment on it. Otherwise post the video and add 'only positive comments pls'
i only roll my eyes when ppl say vol is lipsynched.

or when ppl write: i only came for tits.

that's really dumb imo. but thats youtube...
stevyy
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:02 pm

I only came for tits does make me laugh and is totally fine. When she dresses like that, then I'm sure she loves the attention
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Guru » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:10 pm

biscuits wrote:I only came for tits does make me laugh and is totally fine. When she dresses like that, then I'm sure she loves the attention
Hoeriya :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Goldmoney » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Loveguru wrote:
This iconic choreography tho
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby EAI » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Gravity wrote:I think that more people would appreciate Mariah's current vocals if she cut off that goddamn lipping. It's hard to respect a singer that needs to lip at least one part of every song.
I agree that instead of lipping she should rearrange some of those harder parts, but if lipping parts of a song were such an issue for most people, why do people praise the vocals of performances that have clearly pre-recorded parts from Artists like Celine or Beyonce. I don't disagree with a lot of criticism of Mariah, trust me, I just think she gets bashed twice as hard for everything she does.
EAI
Superstar

Postby EAI » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Also, every Vision of Love performance of her career has been 100% live.
EAI
Superstar

Return to Urban/R&B