Jessie Ware - Glasshouse

Moderators: urbanmusik, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby ThaInfo1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Gravity wrote:^^ Tough Love is miles above Devotion IMO. But both albums are light years ahead of Glasshouse :lol:
I disagree sis :P

Right now for me it’s

Tough Love >>>>>>> Glasshouse >>>>>>>>>> Devotion
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Listened to the album twice and it's disappointed me. Melodically the songs are good, but I feel that the production is a lot more mundane on a lot of the tracks compared to Jessie's previous albums. I feel that Jessie's lyrics are a little too vague for such production; rich instrumentation combined with her vocals is what made her previous albums so good.

Love to Love (which shouldn't be a bonus track) and Your Domino are the only songs that are standing out to me apart from the three singles (which were definitely the right choices).

I'm hoping this grows on me, but I don't think it'll top Tough Love or Devotion (the latter of which is my favourite by a long-shot).
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby jszmiles » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:49 am

haven't heared it in full yet, so I wont judge but Your Domino is catchy as "Imagine it was us" or "110%", in other words, Jessie at her best!
jszmiles
Legend

Postby Cless » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Okay, I'm obsessed with the album now! Really, really strong melodies.
Cless
Superstar

Postby grooveboy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:00 pm

So, I just finished listening this for the first time. This woman is something else! Her tone is just...ahhh <3

The album flows very well 'til Hearts which is obviously the worst song on the album. Slow Me Down isn't much better either, but last 3 songs make up for that mess :lol:
Sam reminds me of Dido. Love the trumpet outro. Beautiful closure

Even after first listen I think I prefer Glasshouse over Tough Love. Devotion is still untouchable tho'

She delivered big time and I'm so happy she didn't disappoint me. 3 strong albums in a row. Only legends! 8-)
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby urbanmusik » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Thinking About You, Stay Awake, Wait for Me and Last of the True Believers have grown on me. Despite not liking this as much as Jessie's previous albums I'm enjoying it now.

Can't believe this got an 8.0 from Pitchfork, especially when a lot of other places were giving it far more average scores.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby Wayne » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:20 pm

She did it. :cry:

Alone (95-60, 5,869 sales) is the first single from the album to make the Top 75, but Jessie Ware's third album, Glasshouse, debuts at No.7 (8,448 sales), maintaining her record of making the Top 10 with every long player thus far. First album, Devotion, debuted and peaked at No.5 (9,319 sales) in 2012, and follow-up Tough Love at No.9 (10,684 sales) in 2014.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby cristy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:37 am

^ Yeeeees!!! 8-)
cristy
Superstar

Postby Cless » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:18 pm

The acoustic version of "Last of the True Believers" is everything. I absolutely adore this woman. :cry:
Cless
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:36 am

this album is stunning. I think I already prefer it to her first two

Alone should've been the lead single
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby grooveboy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:59 pm

grooveboy
Superstar

Postby grooveboy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Jessie's husband reviews "Glasshouse" :lol: I absolutely agree with him on Hearts and Slow Me Down
And Jessie's "F*ck You" when he says he doesn't like it :lol:
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby Gravity » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Her husband is awesome :lol:
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby Cless » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:03 am

This has immensely grown on me over the past weeks. The survivor we did made me realize how much I love all the songs. I think I prefer it over Tough Love now.
Cless
Superstar

Postby Gravity » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:11 am

It is a grower but it's still her worst album to me. Her previous albums had a certain aura of melancholic mystery which made them great. This one is too corny at places.
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby LongingHeart » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:44 am

I don't even want to listen to this album :( I played it 1-2 times so far.... it's just a bit too corny, bland and boring to me
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby Pompeii » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Tough Love is definitely my favourite album of hers, followed by Glasshouse. I never really got into Devotion.
Pompeii
Legend

Postby SG1401 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:21 am

First Time and Love to Love are the standouts on here
SG1401
Superstar

Postby Cactuar » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:16 am

I preordered this album as soon as “Alone” came out. What a brilliant song to follow “Selfish Love”. Album sees Jessie at her classiest but it’s not very exciting and I had it on repeat for no more than two weeks. “Slow Me Down”, “First Time”, “Stay Awake” are pretty good but still miles away from the three singles.

My fave Jessie album is still Tough Love!
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby adamf2thedeath » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:11 am

I think tough love is a masterpiece. I am struggling to get into this though which is really upsetting me as I was in love with tough love.
I love diving in your mind and coming out with every diamond I can find...No Sleeep.
adamf2thedeath
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:21 am

I think people are missing the edge/spunk that her music had. I can admit this is a bit softer than her prior two releases...especially her first! (I honestly don't mind...I dig this album).

I think this is her mommy album and it will come back lol. Let her have her moment. But her voice is like silk. Gives me that same feeling that Toni Braxton's gives me (I'm not saying they're a like...but the same feeling).
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby ludichris » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:28 am

adamf2thedeath wrote:I think tough love is a masterpiece. I am struggling to get into this though which is really upsetting me as I was in love with tough love.
I listened to Tough Love straight after this and that was a bad decision because it made me never want to listen to this album again. TL is so superior she was always going to struggle to match it.
ludichris
Manager

Postby Wayne » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:31 am

Have only listened to half of this so far, but so many so-so reviews about it on the net from people.

I knew she'd struggle to match Tough Love but of the songs I've heard so far, I've only really properly loved a couple.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Gravity » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:14 am

Last Of The True Believers is angellic...it saves the album.
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby SilentDream » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Jessie Ware has been one of those artists whose music I wanted to check out for a long time now, but when I wanted to do that I never had time for it and then I forgot about her tbh. Yesterday, however, Spotify recommended this album to me and then I remembered her and just took that chance to listen to her music.

I have to say that I'm glad I finally checked her music out as I really like this album after the first listen. :) Don't know what her other albums sound like, but on "Glasshouse" her music reminds me of JONES' music - a great mixture of R&B, Soul and Alternative Pop. Also her voice reminds me of JONES' voice during certain parts of some songs.

I have to listen to this album a few more times to name concrete highlights though and of course I'm gonna check out her other stuff soon as well. :)
#NoShame
#TriggerBangGang
SilentDream
Manager

Return to R&B & Urban