Tamar Braxton | Bluebird Of Happiness

Moderators: biscuits, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Gravity » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:38 pm

Another great album from Tamar, but I agree with ludichris - Calling All Lovers was better.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:42 pm

I agree with you two, idk...this didn’t bring the fire like Calling All Lovers did. Way too many piano ballads...and the end DRAGS.

“”Wanna Love You Boy” is HOT though.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby lilmofan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:06 am

[quote="ThaInfo1"
“”Wanna Love You Boy” is HOT though.[/quote]

I'm loving this track.... replay heaven

I actually think this is a solid album... but a bit too short
lilmofan
Roadie

Postby GetBack » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:43 am

She released it so fast?! :o :o
GetBack
Legend

Postby Gravity » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:09 am

My favorites are Empty Boxes, My Forever, Hol' Up and Heart In My Hands.

My Man sounds great on the album, by itself it's still boring.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby tyguy723 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:27 pm

I agree with what everyone’s been saying basically, it’s a great album since it’s Tamar and her amazing voice, but tooooo many ballads bog the experience down for me. What’s weird is the uptempos are better than any of her previous albums, but there aren’t enough to make this better than CAL for me :P
tyguy723
Manager

Postby Gravity » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:23 pm

There are sooo many samples used on this album. I think only 3 songs are without them.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby Guru » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Gravity wrote:There are sooo many samples used on this album. I think only 3 songs are without them.
Sample credits

"Wanna Love You Boy" contains an interpolation of "Wanna Love You Girl", written by Robin Thicke & Pharrell Williams.
"Run Run" contains elements of "Bam Bam", performed by Sister Nancy.
"Hol' Up" contains an interpolation of The Isley Brothers' song "Shout", written by O'Kelly Isley, Ronald Isley, and Rudolph Isley.
"The Makings of You" contains an interpolation of Gladys Knight & The Pips' cover of Curtis Mayfield's "The Makings of You".
"Blind" contains an interpolation of the Etta James song "I'd Rather Go Blind", written by Billy Foster & Ellington Jordan.
"Pick Me Up" contains an interpolation of the Evelyn "Champagne" King song "Love Come Down", written by Michael Jones.
5 have no samples
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:37 pm

tyguy723 wrote:I agree with what everyone’s been saying basically, it’s a great album since it’s Tamar and her amazing voice, but tooooo many ballads bog the experience down for me. What’s weird is the uptempos are better than any of her previous albums, but there aren’t enough to make this better than CAL for me :P
The Uptempos on this album are her best ever!!!! They kinda go in a bit and the they all are growing on me.

The ballads are ass and I think her worst. Like yes girl you can sing, but add some production/lyrics/something to make the ballad stand out.

It doesn't even hold a flame to Calling All Lovers, but I'm not sure where it stands against "Love and War" just yet. Although I think I might rank it her worst. :cry: Maybe it'll grow on me more.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby GetBack » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:25 pm

So this will only sell 10K in its first week?! :o :o :o :o :oops: :oops:
GetBack
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:08 am

Album is good, her voice alone shines throughout. She's flopping as everybody else is these days. Plus, she went independent.
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby tyguy723 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:02 am

It kinda took a lil slow burn but this whole album is just amazing now, even as slow as it gets I think it easily ties CAL, which looking back while more varied was more hit and miss for me, BOH while ballad heavy I love them all :oops:
tyguy723
Manager

Postby stever4577 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:01 am

Whenever Tamar's music is discussed nobody ever compares music to her debut...I think it's her most cohesive album! I liked Love & War, wasn't keen at all on CAL and Bluebird of Whatsherface is doing nothing for me i'm sad to say.
stever4577
Groupie

Postby Gravity » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:53 am

I agree, her debut is quite underrated. If You Don't Wanna Love Me is one of her best songs.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby stever4577 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:19 am

Gravity wrote:I agree, her debut is quite underrated. If You Don't Wanna Love Me is one of her best songs.
Absolutely! I also tagged on "Try Me" and "Count The Ways" to this album-check them out if you have not heard them. "I'm Over You" is another slow jam gem from this album.
stever4577
Groupie

Postby RayRay » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Blind is good. But I'm not really impressed by the rest of the album.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby LongingHeart » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 am

"Heart In My Hands" is the "King" for me on this Album - soooo good!!!
Shame on me for changing.... no no no... shame on you for stayin' the same.
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby ludichris » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:51 am

LongingHeart wrote:"Heart In My Hands" is the "King" for me on this Album - soooo good!!!
Yes I also get the similarity. I think this should have been the second single. It was the most impressive ballad on the album on first listen and still is.

Pick Me Up is the The One of this album. It or My Forever should have been first single even though I like My Man.
ludichris
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:03 am

Now that this divorce is happening and I read her Insta-rant, she was singing these songs from a place chile. I lit a blunt, listened to it again and I like the album a whole bunch more. Still no Calling All Lovers but I see myself liking this more than Love And War...maybe.

My SANGED DOWN Heart In My Hands.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Gravity » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:28 am

^^ I deff like this more than L&W. My Forever is such a jam.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby ludichris » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 am

I kept more songs from Love and War than this. I feel that she could have came harder with this project, half of the songs are amazing and the other half are quite average. If she had maintained that quality this could have been album of the year contender.
ludichris
Manager

Return to R&B & Urban