Whitney Houston | I Wish You Love: More From The Bodyguard

Moderators: biscuits, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Unbreakable34 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:25 pm

out November 17th.

The collection features “unreleased” tracks and live versions of select songs from the iconic movie soundtrack.

TRACKLIST:
1. I Will Always Love You (Alternate Mix)
2. I Have Nothing (Film Version)
3. I’m Every Woman (Clivilles & Cole House Mix I Edit)
4. Run to You (Film Version)
5. Queen of the Night (Film Version)
6. Jesus Loves Me (Film Version)
7. Jesus Loves Me (A Cappella Version)
8. I Will Always Love You (Film Version)
9. I Have Nothing (Live from Brunei)
10. Run to You (Live from The Bodyguard Tour)
11. Jesus Loves Me / He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands (Live from The Bodyguard Tour)
12. Queen of the Night (Live from The Bodyguard Tour)
13. I Will Always Love You (Live from The Bodyguard Tour)

Unbreakable34
Roadie

Postby GetBack » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:27 am

I wonder why they didn't release this during the peak of The Bodyguard! They could have made a double disc deluxe edition, but anyway, there weren't deluxe editions during the heyday of sales in the nineties.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:26 am

What is track 1? Im sure it’s out there :lol:
Link?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Nippian93 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:46 am

^

Nippian93 wrote:Whitney Houston – I Wish You Love: More From The Bodyguard
Track Listing

1. I Will Always Love You (Alternate Mix)
Spoken word intro as Rachel Marron dedicated to Frank Farmer
The iconic recorded performance of “I Will Always Love You” captured on the first take

2. I Have Nothing (Film Version)
As featured in the scene with Rachel Marron performing “I Have Nothing”

3. I’m Every Woman (Clivilles & Cole House Mix I Edit)
Alternate edit of the Clivilles & Cole House Mix

4. Run to You (Film Version)
As featured in the scene with Frank Farmer watching the video of “Run to You”

5. Queen of the Night (Film Version)
As featured in the scene with Rachel Marron performing “Queen of the Night”

6. Jesus Loves Me (Film Version)
As featured in the scene with Rachel Marron and Nicki Marron at Herb Farmer’s Lakefront Cabin

7. Jesus Loves Me (A Capella Version)

8. I Will Always Love You (Film Version)
As featured in the scene with Rachel Marron and Frank Farmer at the airport and the performance of “I Will Always Love You”

9. I Have Nothing (Live)
Private concert at Jerudong Park Amphitheatre: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei for Princess Rashidah, the eldest daughter of the Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah on August 24, 1996

10. Run to You (Live)
Recorded at Radio City Music Hall: New York City on September 28, 1994 during 1993-1995 The Bodyguard World Tour

11. Jesus Loves Me / He’s Got The Whole World In His Hands (Live)
Recorded at Estadio Vélez Sarsfield: Buenos Aires, Argentina on April 17, 1994 during 1993-1995 The Bodyguard World Tour

12. Queen of the Night (Live)
Recorded at The Spectrum: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on June 23, 1994 during 1993-1995 The Bodyguard World Tour

13. I Will Always Love You (Live)
Recorded at Earls Court Exhibition Centre: London, England on November 5, 1993 during 1993-1995 The Bodyguard World Tour

14. I’m Every Woman (Live)
Recorded at Deutschlandhalle: Berlin, Germany on October 14, 1993 during 1993-1995 The Bodyguard World Tour

http://whitneyhouston.com/news/whitney- ... bodyguard/
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:01 am

3 versions of IWALY on the same album? They really had to find some way to make moneys, but this is lazy
biscuits
The Diva

Postby SCHoli » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:05 am

Actually I'm shocked there isn't one "new" song on this. I know she didn't record much but there has to be something in the vault.
SCHoli
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:07 am

I listened to Queen of the Night yesterday and her vocal was great but the song sounded really weird (like it hadn't been remastered properly).
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Pawlu84 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:49 pm

These releases are so useless and awful at least with MJ they released unreleased songs.
Pawlu84
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Pawlu84 wrote:These releases are so useless and awful at least with MJ they released unreleased songs.
Agreed.

Here I am looking for a new track, and checking a second time thinking I clearly must have missed it. :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby RayRay » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:52 pm

It's always good to see a new Whitney release. But how I wish we will get some "new" songs one day.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby wboxoffice » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:40 pm

I think this is a great track listing. Frankly, I was afraid we would get again live stuff from South Africa or Welcome Home Heroes or tons of things that are already on youtube, but many performances included have never been heard before. It's nice to know that they have a lot of unheard concerts in the vault and that they are now making an effort to release them.

Nobody has ever heard Run To You performed live before and many of us weren't sure it really existed or if it was just rumors, but now we will finally get to discover that song in a live setting. Out of the 6 live performances included, 4 have never been heard before.

I'm a little disappointed that they are including I Have Nothing from 1996 Brunei because although it's a good performance it's nowhere near some of her best performances of this song (in the final chorus). A misstep IMO. But I can't wait to hear I Will Always Love You, I'm Every Woman both performed from never-before-released 1993 concerts, hopefully they picked great ones.

Also it will be great to finally hear all those full film versions in high quality as they have different vocals. I really hope that this also means that they also have tons of unreleased concerts from the 80's and that they will also release them in the near future.

As for unreleased studio recordings, I don't think this project is appropriate for this. This is The Bodyguard anniversary project so it wouldn't make sense to put some random new songs that have absolutely nothing to do with the film. Maybe with the official documentary we will get a soundtrack with some new songs.

I think every Whitney fan should support this project because they have finally started going into the vaults and release music that have never been released before. If this project sells well then they will be encouraged to release more music such as never before heard live concerts. This is a step in the right direction instead of another repackaged greatest hits with the songs we already own or another rehash of Welcome Home Heroes or South Africa.

I'm not sure that I love the cover pic, it seems too zoomed in but hey maybe that's how it will capture the attention of potential buyers. It will be noticed that's for sure! lol
wboxoffice
Groupie

Postby syrens » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:30 pm

They took the audience out of QOTN (you only hear them at the end). If you focus on strictly the vocals, she killed it!
syrens
Roadie

Postby menime123 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:21 pm

It’s almost like they don’t have any Whitney leftovers to use. Whitney wasn’t a singer/songwriter like Prince or MJ, whereby they would write and record as they went along and vocal stems got lost along the way or weren’t kept - Whitney worked with producers and her vocal stems for almost every single song she ever recorded should be available.

You know, Whitney had a long career and there must be hundreds of demo tracks just sat somewhere. There is no way she only recorded like 12 songs for ILTY - not after so long away from music, and trying to re-discover her voice.

Anyway, I never heard her Christmas album so I’ve got a backup ‘new’ album for myself :lol: (I try to limit Christmas albums 1 one new one each year, so they get backed up - which is good as not everyone records them :lol: )
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:41 pm

RayRay wrote:It's always good to see a new Whitney release. But how I wish we will get some "new" songs one day.
This! At least a few unreleased ones
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:27 pm

menime123 wrote:
Anyway, I never heard her Christmas album so I’ve got a backup ‘new’ album for myself :lol: (I try to limit Christmas albums 1 one new one each year, so they get backed up - which is good as not everyone records them :lol: )
One each year? OMG!!! Almost everyone has a Christmas album nowadays. It's gonna take forever to catch up with them when you only listen to one new one per year.

And although I'm a huge Whitney fan, I can name easily ten other Christmas albums that are better IMO.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby wboxoffice » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Can't wait! Only about a week left! :D
wboxoffice
Groupie

Postby RayRay » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:07 pm

GetBack wrote:I wonder why they didn't release this during the peak of The Bodyguard! They could have made a double disc deluxe edition, but anyway, there weren't deluxe editions during the heyday of sales in the nineties.
There were. There has already been a special edition that included some remixes.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby SweetNothings » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:00 am

I think I just went to heaven and came back again (to hell). She sang the hell out of Run to you live (the only ever released live performance of the song, there are even no real ones on YouTube). Other highlights are an acapella studio version of Jesus loves me, film + unheard live version of I will always love you and the film version of run to you. she was simply the best y‘all!
SweetNothings
Manager

Postby Guru » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:07 am

SweetNothings wrote:I think I just went to heaven and came back again (to hell). She sang the hell out of Run to you live (the only ever released live performance of the song, there are even no real ones on YouTube). Other highlights are an acapella studio version of Jesus loves me, film + unheard live version of I will always love you and the film version of run to you. she was simply the best y‘all!
:lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby SweetNothings » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:40 am

Guru wrote:
SweetNothings wrote:I think I just went to heaven and came back again (to hell). She sang the hell out of Run to you live (the only ever released live performance of the song, there are even no real ones on YouTube). Other highlights are an acapella studio version of Jesus loves me, film + unheard live version of I will always love you and the film version of run to you. she was simply the best y‘all!
You caught that? :P
SweetNothings
Manager

Postby Guru » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:56 pm

SweetNothings wrote:
Guru wrote:
You caught that? :P
Off course :wink: :lol:
Guru
Guru

Postby freeme » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Cash for the record label. It's so sad.
don't disturb this groove!
freeme
Manager

Postby Guru » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 am

Quick lazy cash too if you ask me. But I guess anything posthumous is welcome.
Guru
Guru

Postby wboxoffice » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:14 pm

It’s not a cash grab, it’s literally what hardcore fans wanted since forever such as the full film versions, RTY live, etc.
wboxoffice
Groupie

Postby RayRay » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm a huge fan, but this is the kind of album I listen to once and then go back to the versions of the original soundtrack.
RayRay
Superstar

Return to R&B & Urban