Eminem + Beyoncé | Walk On Water

Moderators: urbanmusik, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Jesper » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:41 pm

BeeBoy wrote:Weird how this sold 4k more than "River" first week even though it features the floppage that is Beyoncé Knowles. It can only be first single hype or maybe someone can write an essay how she did not only pay to feature the Love the way you lie rehash but also bought 50k copies herself :o
IKR :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:33 am

Debs_Wild wrote:She probably doesn't want to associate herself with another flop collaboration.
Well, just like in "Mi Gente", she already benefited in the songwriting credits here as well, so one live performance of the single at least could have shown her graciousness, since she has always been very charitable these days. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Why oh why does God keep bringing me back to you?
GetBack
Legend

Postby heppolo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:42 am

Eminem's bragging about ''Stan'' at the end of the music video is the cringiest thing I have seen in a long time
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:42 am

I'm not a fan of the video.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby GeorgeDK » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:13 am

heppolo wrote:Eminem's bragging about ''Stan'' at the end of the music video is the cringiest thing I have seen in a long time
The "Bitch, I wrote Stan" line is a part of the song, and in fact makes perfect sense when you pay attention to the lyrics :wink:
GeorgeDK
Personal Assistant

Postby DnBLover » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:28 pm

GetBack wrote:
Debs_Wild wrote:She probably doesn't want to associate herself with another flop collaboration.
Well, just like in "Mi Gente", she already benefited in the songwriting credits here as well, so one live performance of the single at least could have shown her graciousness, since she has always been very charitable these days. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Facepalm
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Thriller » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:34 am

Worst thing Beyoncé ever put her name to.

That includes She's Gone by Matthew Marsden.
Thriller

Postby heppolo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:51 am

GeorgeDK wrote:
heppolo wrote:Eminem's bragging about ''Stan'' at the end of the music video is the cringiest thing I have seen in a long time
The "Bitch, I wrote Stan" line is a part of the song, and in fact makes perfect sense when you pay attention to the lyrics :wink:
I know, but he acts as if ''Stan'' was fully his song, the most important part [a.k.a. chorus] was done by Dido.
heppolo
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:32 pm

This. It annoys me so much because the song is all about showing vulnerability and admitting that he's not perfect, which is respectable, but then comes that line that makes everything before it redundant. He sounds like an insecure teenager.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby GeorgeDK » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:28 pm

heppolo wrote: I know, but he acts as if ''Stan'' was fully his song, the most important part [a.k.a. chorus] was done by Dido.
I know but no sure it would make much sense for him to start explaining, how the song was written and how many people were involved in that... no doubt that "Stan" is one of his biggest hits... and using that song the song at the end of the song IMHO makes perfect sense.

Ska8er wrote:He sounds like an insecure teenager.
Lol, that is what I like about it, I'm pretty sure that we all feel like that sometimes.
GeorgeDK
Personal Assistant

Postby eminemno1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:59 pm

heppolo wrote:
GeorgeDK wrote:
I know, but he acts as if '' Stan'' was fully his song, the most important part [a.k.a. chorus] was done by Dido.
Stan is one of the best songs ever written and you think it's only because of the chorus :lol:
R.I.P Max You legend 27/7/05 - 06/01/11
I Will Never Forget You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAn-zQIMRHk
eminemno1
Personal Assistant

Postby BehindBreakaway » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:19 pm

eminemno1 wrote:
heppolo wrote:
GeorgeDK wrote:
I know, but he acts as if '' Stan'' was fully his song, the most important part [a.k.a. chorus] was done by Dido.
Stan is one of the best songs ever written and you think it's only because of the chorus :lol:
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby heppolo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:02 pm

eminemno1 wrote:
heppolo wrote:
GeorgeDK wrote:
The chorus made "Stan" catchy, made the song memorable, it added a different perspective, a contrast. By the way, without a catchy chorus it would have been #50 or so in the charts and we wouldn't even have this conversation.
Sure, the chorus can be easily belittle strictly in terms of lyrical impact, but it was important in order to get the message through.
heppolo
Legend

Postby Guru » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:40 am

Actually the chorus was good just didn’t make it for me. It was the actually story that was rapped that made the song for me. Even without watching the video and listening to the song, it was a visual (story) representation in your mind of what he was rapping about :wink:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby spiritboy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:20 am

I also think that chorus helped the song big time to become a huge thing.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby mattsky » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:48 am

Thriller wrote:Worst thing Beyoncé ever put her name to.

That includes She's Gone by Matthew Marsden.
This!
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Return to R&B & Urban