DJ Khaled - Top Off (feat. JAY Z, Future & Beyoncé)

Moderators: urbanmusik, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Thriller » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:59 am

What an awful racket.
Thriller

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:17 am

DJ Khaled and Future are just tragique.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby lia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:30 am

Why everybody keeps collabing with Dj Khaled? He is wack but all the big names rush to release a song with him. :-?

First Rihanna, now Beyonce.
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar

Postby LittleLinda » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:25 pm

DJ Khaled is beyond overrated... where the hell did he even come from all of a sudden? Everybody and there mama is collaborating with him, but I have yet to hear a track that I even like (let alone love). What's so special about him? Any young ones wanna explain? I'm lost. :-?
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby urbanmusik » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:56 pm

JAY and B (dead and her re-branding as this for the single) bodied their verses, but the beat is so flat.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby Jesper » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:10 pm

LittleLinda wrote:DJ Khaled is beyond overrated... where the hell did he even come from all of a sudden? Everybody and there mama is collaborating with him, but I have yet to hear a track that I even like (let alone love). What's so special about him? Any young ones wanna explain? I'm lost. :-?
I honestly feel he is just a smart business man who has networked his *ss off the last decade or so. He has his own production company and basically functions like a throw-away-nobody-asked-for-it version of Timbaland (no offence to Timbaland that man is amazing as producer imo.). It's a bit fishy since Grateful (the album featuring Wild Thoughts and Shining) is his 10th album and I never heard of the guy before :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Thriller wrote:What an awful racket.
Pretty much this. One listen was enough for me to know i will never like this hot mess. :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby robert989 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:42 pm

When is the video coming ?
robert989
Superstar

Postby abi » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 am

Jesper wrote:
LittleLinda wrote:DJ Khaled is beyond overrated... where the hell did he even come from all of a sudden? Everybody and there mama is collaborating with him, but I have yet to hear a track that I even like (let alone love). What's so special about him? Any young ones wanna explain? I'm lost. :-?
I honestly feel he is just a smart business man who has networked his *ss off the last decade or so. He has his own production company and basically functions like a throw-away-nobody-asked-for-it version of Timbaland (no offence to Timbaland that man is amazing as producer imo.). It's a bit fishy since Grateful (the album featuring Wild Thoughts and Shining) is his 10th album and I never heard of the guy before :lol:
There you go. His talent is to connect all these people to make records together. He has worked with different type of artists from Justin Bieber to Beyonce to Kanye to Usher. He has another song coming up with J.Lo & Cardi B and he just had Jaden Smith, Chris Brown, Tinashe & Fergie perform on his set last night during his tour with Demi Lovato. That's such a next-level connection. :lol:

Also, I'm surprised you've never heard of him prior to "Wild Thoughts"/"Shining"? He's been quite a prominent name in Urban scene since the 00's.

Wouldn't be surprised if he recruits a K-Pop act or one of the girls from Fifth Harmony for his next album. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:32 am

Jesper wrote:
This sums it up perfectly haha.
LOL at throw-away-nobody-asked-for-it Timbaland :lol: so true!

He does release bops though.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Erotica » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:09 am

I haven't heard a good song from him too
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 am

I think I'm the only one feeling Jay's verse and how he retaliated to that awful human being George Zimmerman. Him and B clearly are the best thing about the track. Future is just :-?
naughtynae
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Really sub-par. I remember Beyonce saying in an interview in Destinys Child that as a Christian she wouldn't use words in songs that she wouldn't want her grandparents to hear, now she's dropping the F bomb again.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby urbanmusik » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:50 pm

SholasBoy wrote:I remember Beyonce saying in an interview in Destinys Child that as a Christian she wouldn't use words in songs that she wouldn't want her grandparents to hear, now she's dropping the F bomb again.
Thank fk she grew up.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby Benjamin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:37 am

urbanmusik wrote:
SholasBoy wrote:I remember Beyonce saying in an interview in Destinys Child that as a Christian she wouldn't use words in songs that she wouldn't want her grandparents to hear, now she's dropping the F bomb again.
Thank fk she grew up.
:lol: :lol: 8-)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby aRat » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:39 pm

still screaming at her running to DJ Obese twice and still bombing both times.

Dua Lipa - Rihanna - Kanye West - Madonna - Michael Jackson
aRat
Personal Assistant

Postby Loveguru » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:05 am

If she wanted to make a hit song... she can..
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby TheRealest » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:08 am

Loveguru wrote:If she wanted to make a hit song... she can..
Call her and tell her to do it then sis
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby Hugo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:28 am

It's cute that people think she's obsessed with charts like some others. She's not that person.

Let me refresh your memory, she had the 1st number one of 2018, 20 years into her career.

Now drink your milk and go to bed.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:58 am

aRat wrote:still screaming at her running to DJ Obese twice and still bombing both times.

This shade is a little stale, sis.
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby aRat » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:44 am

ThaInfo1 wrote:
aRat wrote:still screaming at her running to DJ Obese twice and still bombing both times.

This shade is a little stale, sis.
It's as stale as this song, so it's fitting.

aRat
Personal Assistant

Postby DnBLover » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:53 am

Yeah the guy sucks as a producer but you're going to stop fat shaming him. This is not ATRL where such comments are ok.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby aRat » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:20 am

DnBLover wrote:Yeah the guy sucks as a producer but you're going to stop fat shaming him. This is not ATRL where such comments are ok.
ok sis sorry. :(
aRat
Personal Assistant

Postby aRat » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:29 am

Hugo wrote:It's cute that people think she's obsessed with charts like some others. She's not that person.
she had the 1st number one of 2018, 20 years into her career.
which one is it?

aRat
Personal Assistant

Postby Jesper » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:40 am

aRat wrote:
Hugo wrote:It's cute that people think she's obsessed with charts like some others. She's not that person.
she had the 1st number one of 2018, 20 years into her career.
which one is it?

She just happened to be featured on a #1, that doesn't mean she is obsessed with charts. She gladly sabotaged Formation and the rest of the lemonade 'singles' :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Return to R&B & Urban