Tamia - Passion Like Fire

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

 

Postby Marchum » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:52 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:
Marchum wrote:It’s Yours is my fave.
Same. It slaps. I love it.

I think this is miles better than Love Life
:o

Chaise Lounge, Sandwich And A Soda, Nowhere, Lipstick and Stuck With Me >>> this whole album.
User avatar
Marchum
Manager
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018
Location: Cali

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:14 am

I only used the singles from Love Life tbh (although Chase lounge and Lipstick were alright). Different strokes for different folks.

I just liked this album as a whole a lot better than her last few.
Last edited by ThaInfo1 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
User avatar
ThaInfo1
Legend
 
Posts: 22386
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006
Location: Wherever your fine daddy is at.

Postby Gravity » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:10 am

Love Life was the ish. At least for me. It had everything. Sexy jams and ballads.

This one is a little uninspired, IMO.
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 10952
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby firefly_86 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 am

Any word on who produced which tracks? I can’t find credits anywhere.

We know Salaam Remi did Leave It Smokin’ and Andres Torres did Deeper. I guess Lil’ Ronnie produced If I Had To Choose (as he did Chaise Lounge and they sound similar), and Shep Crawford did the rest??
User avatar
firefly_86
Manager
 
Posts: 3556
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006

Postby stever4577 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:45 pm

firefly_86 wrote:Any word on who produced which tracks? I can’t find credits anywhere.

We know Salaam Remi did Leave It Smokin’ and Andres Torres did Deeper. I guess Lil’ Ronnie produced If I Had To Choose (as he did Chaise Lounge and they sound similar), and Shep Crawford did the rest??
I can't hear any Shep Crawford on this album. I feel this is what it's missing. I'd be interested to know if he did actually contribute to anything on this project.
User avatar
stever4577
Roadie
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015
Location: Tonbridge

Postby firefly_86 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:01 pm

stever4577 wrote:
firefly_86 wrote:Any word on who produced which tracks? I can’t find credits anywhere.

We know Salaam Remi did Leave It Smokin’ and Andres Torres did Deeper. I guess Lil’ Ronnie produced If I Had To Choose (as he did Chaise Lounge and they sound similar), and Shep Crawford did the rest??
I can't hear any Shep Crawford on this album. I feel this is what it's missing. I'd be interested to know if he did actually contribute to anything on this project.
The people I mentioned are the people she has said she worked with on this album in interviews, including Shep Crawford. I can definitely hear him on at least a few songs, especially Today I Do and You Are Loved (maybe I'm wrong)
User avatar
firefly_86
Manager
 
Posts: 3556
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006

Postby GetBack » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:20 pm

I enjoyed it on first listen. It sounds like something a much younger artist would release. I really thought it would be an extremely sappy renewal of vows with Grant Hill kind of album with how she hyped it (since songs like "You Are Loved", "Today I Do" and "Deeper" lead to that direction) but it's not. Her tone changed as well. It's more mature, deep and raspy now which is not a bad thing.

The obvious singles here are "It's Yours" (I love how she is exploring this kind of sound and her vocal adlibs here are amazing) and "Lost in You" (this one is very catchy and the guitar arrangement is so fresh-sounding).
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 30795
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby Gravity » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:09 am

She should've worked more with Pop & Oak.
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 10952
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby Marchum » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:17 am

If I Had To Choose sounds nothing like Chaise Lounge :roll: :cry:
User avatar
Marchum
Manager
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018
Location: Cali

Postby GetBack » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:40 am

Wikipedia still doesn't list the liner notes and production details. :cry: :cry:
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 30795
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby DwayneWayne » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:28 am

I have to be the only one on here that does not like "It's Yours", lol.
http://www.thesonofsoul.com- Soul/R&B Music blog
User avatar
DwayneWayne
Groupie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018

Postby Gravity » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:30 am

DwayneWayne wrote:I have to be the only one on here that does not like "It's Yours", lol.
Welcome to the forum!

I think people like it because it's classic Tamia, but I'm not a huge fan of it either.
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 10952
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby DwayneWayne » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 am

Gravity wrote:
DwayneWayne wrote:I have to be the only one on here that does not like "It's Yours", lol.
Welcome to the forum!

I think people like it because it's classic Tamia, but I'm not a huge fan of it either.
Thank you!

Maybe I just need to listen to it in the right setting....like in the house on a Friday night with wifey while attempting to twerk for her as opposed to being on the clock at the office :x
http://www.thesonofsoul.com- Soul/R&B Music blog
User avatar
DwayneWayne
Groupie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018

Postby Guru » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:51 pm

It’s Yours is fantastic. Her vocals but moreso the beat. It’s something I can hear Kwis Brown or Ciara over.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 25137
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby GetBack » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:40 pm

Love the album, she delivered a solid body of work. :cry: :cry:

DwayneWayne wrote:
Gravity wrote:
DwayneWayne wrote:I have to be the only one on here that does not like "It's Yours", lol.
Welcome to the forum!

I think people like it because it's classic Tamia, but I'm not a huge fan of it either.
Thank you!

Maybe I just need to listen to it in the right setting....like in the house on a Friday night with wifey while attempting to twerk for her as opposed to being on the clock at the office :x
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 30795
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby firefly_86 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:18 am

This charted at:

#145 Top 200 albums
#17 R&B albums
User avatar
firefly_86
Manager
 
Posts: 3556
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006

Postby GetBack » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:03 am

She didn't even bother to promote it. Is she still with Def Jam?
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 30795
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby Gravity » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:05 am

GetBack wrote:She didn't even bother to promote it. Is she still with Def Jam?
eOne.
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 10952
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby Soulbrotha » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:04 am

firefly_86 wrote:This charted at:

#145 Top 200 albums
#17 R&B albums
The positions look worse than what they actually are because of with these new streaming rules added to the Billboard Charts, but she actually hit #20 on Top Album Sales and #1 on R&B album sales, so she did pretty good. These rules affect "old" artists like Tamia, who have very little streaming. Leave it Smokin' was huge in the radio but could only hit the million mark in Youtube a week ago...in Spotify it's around 1,7 million.
Soulbrotha
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004

Postby GetBack » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:29 am

Gravity wrote:
GetBack wrote:She didn't even bother to promote it. Is she still with Def Jam?
eOne.
Hope she gets a Grammy nod and win for this. I can't believe Def Jam dumped her after Love Life failed to achieve that.
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 30795
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby Guru » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:29 am

GetBack wrote:
Gravity wrote:
GetBack wrote:She didn't even bother to promote it. Is she still with Def Jam?
eOne.
Hope she gets a Grammy nod and win for this. I can't believe Def Jam dumped her after Love Life failed to achieve that.
They’re all in for the quick buck. And she was always better off independent.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 25137
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby DwayneWayne » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:47 am

Tamia posted that Passion Like Fire was #1 on "Current R+B"??? Any idea what this is? I was a little confused considering I saw her other chart numbers. Doesn't look like Billboard has updated their charts to reflect this yet.

Also, i'm hearing It's Yours will be the next single.
http://www.thesonofsoul.com- Soul/R&B Music blog
User avatar
DwayneWayne
Groupie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018

Postby Marchum » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:19 pm

^ I hope it’s true, definitely the best song on the album.
User avatar
Marchum
Manager
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018
Location: Cali

Postby Gravity » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:47 pm

Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 10952
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby ButterflyD » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Does anyone know how much Tamina sold first week in the US?
User avatar
ButterflyD
Roadie
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013

Return to R&B & Urban