The Carters - Everything Is Love

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

Postby UndercovaSista » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:45 pm

MrLeonix wrote:643,000 SPS units worldwide . . . . . it was quite of a flop wasn't it?

Beyonce or not Beyonce album the truth is that King B had never flopped before with an album related to her (neither with her solo releases or with DC). This is her first flop project.
Oh yes, the album was quite a flop. But still had a really strong critical reception, which matters WAY more than commercial success at this point of her career.
Last edited by UndercovaSista on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UndercovaSista
Roadie

Postby KEY9481 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:43 pm

I decided to play Black Effect this morning, and I just had to play the whole album again and again. That’s the beauty of Beyoncé’s work since 2011.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018
KEY9481
Manager

Postby Jesper » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:49 pm

KEY9481 wrote:I decided to play Black Effect this morning, and I just had to play the whole album again and again. That’s the beauty of Beyoncé’s work since 2011.
Indeed
Jesper
Legend

Postby TIfan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:12 pm

I was having a discussion with a friend yesterday, we both think that Jay/Bey released this album only because the tour was not well received by fans at first. That's probably why the artist is "The Carters" instead of Jay/Bey, unlike Jay other collab albums. It was smart to do it that way. So mama can get her 7th consecutive #1 album.

I think that is why i do not care for them to win Grammys for this. It is decent, but not on the level of both of their discographies.

My opinion.
TIfan
Legend

Postby KEY9481 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:32 pm

TIfan wrote:I was having a discussion with a friend yesterday, we both think that Jay/Bey released this album only because the tour was not well received by *fans at first. That's probably why the artist is "The Carters" instead of Jay/Bey, unlike Jay other collab albums. It was smart to do it that way. So mama can get her 7th consecutive #1 album.
*some
Probably, yes.
I also think they wanted a final, closing chapter to the Lemonade / 4:44 storyline records.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018
KEY9481
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:44 pm

TIfan wrote:I was having a discussion with a friend yesterday, we both think that Jay/Bey released this album only because the tour was not well received by fans at first. That's probably why the artist is "The Carters" instead of Jay/Bey, unlike Jay other collab albums. It was smart to do it that way. So mama can get her 7th consecutive #1 album.

I think that is why i do not care for them to win Grammys for this. It is decent, but not on the level of both of their discographies.

My opinion.
Is it really always going to be about their albums hitting #1 in the Billboard charts or winning the Grammys for them?

Actual legends do not need such validation. :-? :-?

It's funny how they have to debut at #1 for them to have a "good" album or era for the fans. :o :o

This album (filled with rants about how not everyone is happy with their self-proclaimed supreme status) perfectly encapsulates that they are not really musicians but mere trend-chasing businessmen.

It's no surprise that their actual sales are finally exposed to the public with this album.
GetBack
Legend

Postby UndercovaSista » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:53 pm

And yet Jay Z was the first rapper inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, so I guess being a “trend-chasing businessmen” is working quite well for them
UndercovaSista
Roadie

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:29 am

Jesper wrote:
KEY9481 wrote:I decided to play Black Effect this morning, and I just had to play the whole album again and again. That’s the beauty of Beyoncé’s work since 2011.
Indeed
I love this personally. Still. **shrugs**
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby MO_FAN95 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:28 am

This was a really dope album! Friends and Black Effect are my favorite tracks! Especially Black Effect! Should have been a single!

I’M GOOD ON ANY MLK BLVD (WE GOOD)
MO_FAN95
Manager

Postby abi » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:43 am

"Apeshit" still goes off!!!!!
abi
Legend

Postby Beautyisbeauty » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:22 am

The real crime here is how they really paid dust to LoveHappy, easily one of my favorite songs from her ever. It was such a great track and it would have been such a great song to end that Bey/Jay trifeca, at least with a proper video release.

Anyway, I hope to see David Sitek on B7. The connection is there, from "Maps" sample to LoveHappy.
Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white
Beautyisbeauty
Personal Assistant

Postby TIfan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 pm

GetBack wrote:
TIfan wrote:I was having a discussion with a friend yesterday, we both think that Jay/Bey released this album only because the tour was not well received by fans at first. That's probably why the artist is "The Carters" instead of Jay/Bey, unlike Jay other collab albums. It was smart to do it that way. So mama can get her 7th consecutive #1 album.

My opinion.
Is it really always going to be about their albums hitting #1 in the Billboard charts or winning the Grammys for them?

Actual legends do not need such validation. :-? :-?

It's funny how they have to debut at #1 for them to have a "good" album or era for the fans. :o :o

This album (filled with rants about how not everyone is happy with their self-proclaimed supreme status) perfectly encapsulates that they are not really musicians but mere trend-chasing businessmen.

It's no surprise that their actual sales are finally exposed to the public with this album.
I dont know what you are talking about. An album does not gave to go to #1 for it to be good.

What was exposed to the public btw? The fact that they finally went to #2. Both have like 19 #1 albums combined. Nice try

Some fans enjoyed the music, but some did not.
TIfan
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:32 pm

LoveHappy and Black Effect deserved to be pushed as singles. I'm hoping that one of them will get a push around the Grammys.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby KEY9481 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:28 pm

abi wrote:"Apeshit" still goes off!!!!!
The fact that it has become one of my favorite Bey songs ever. The tour performances did help 8-) I hope Bey will keep it in her solo set.
KEY9481
Manager

Postby Jesper » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:23 pm

My opinion.
I still think the name 'The Carters' is also partly a choice they made because it could come in handy in the future as well. I could see them releasing more music under that name in the future, and maybe even involve the rest of the family into it.

KEY9481 wrote:
abi wrote:"Apeshit" still goes off!!!!!
The fact that it has become one of my favorite Bey songs ever. The tour performances did help 8-) I hope Bey will keep it in her solo set.
She BETTER. Especially since the US leg only got it properlY
Jesper
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:46 pm

This album flopped because of Tidal exclusiveness.

1. I didn't listen to it until it was on spotify
2. Yet to hear Salud actually
3. People gave up after a while... then it just fizzled

If they had released this on spotify from the get go.. it would have been like Ariana than you next... viral smash
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Guru » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:47 am

I don’t think the was intended to rip through thr charts and award shows.
I saw it solely as an intro album for their new found name (more to follow), promote their tour, and simply wet fans appetite.

I think some of you guys expected too much and read too much into this album.
It’s all good y’all :P
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:03 am

Guru wrote:I don’t think the was intended to rip through thr charts and award shows.
I saw it solely as an intro album for their new found name (more to follow), promote their tour, and simply wet fans appetite.

I think some of you guys expected too much and read too much into this album.
It’s all good y’all :P
I like this mindset sis! I'm here for this theory.
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Loveguru » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:41 am

it did always have that mixtape vibe you are right sis
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:14 am

You guys want to believe that because it's easier to digest that it flopped :lol:
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Shayonce » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:56 am

they literally recorded the album durig tour as last minute thing and release it as soon as it got finished tho.
it's kinda interesting how we all thought they already had album ready, working for months, but turn out they just did quick recording. lol
Shayonce
Manager

Postby Loveguru » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Ska8er wrote:You guys want to believe that because it's easier to digest that it flopped :lol:
I play this album more than I play Bday :lol:
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:30 pm

Ska8er wrote:You guys want to believe that because it's easier to digest that it flopped :lol:
AND SO BITCH :lol:

I honestly really don’t care. I mean they can’t be top dogs all the time in terms of success. I enjoyed the album and hearing Beyoncé talk her shit

@Loveguru mixtape vibes sis? Gonna pray for those ears
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 pm

If anything I just think it shows people aren’t as receptive to drop releases where Beyoncé is concerned anymore. The album was widely reported upon release but reception to it was nothing like ST or Lemonade.

I’m surprised they didn’t just gift a download to everyone who had bought an OTRII ticket, or sell it as a concern merchandise only album (imagine turning up to the show and spotting an unannounced album at the merch stand!) and turn the ‘era’ into some sort of oddity release for their respective fan bases.

It just seems random to release it how they did (for money and charts) and then abandon it instantly.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:44 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:
AND SO BITCH :lol:

I honestly really don’t care. I mean they can’t be top dogs all the time in terms of success. I enjoyed the album and hearing Beyoncé talk her shit

@Loveguru mixtape vibes sis? Gonna pray for those ears
Nah sis. I consume music these days not because it’s commercial success. If it’s good, it’s good.
I’m over the whole “it’s a must listen cause it’s famous on the charts and saleswise”. Other recent examples include Fergie and Toni. I loved these albums.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Return to R&B & Urban