Ella Mai - Trip

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

Postby abi » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:16 am

#1 on R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay.

ThaInfo1 wrote:But I don't realize why her out of all gwarls is she the one to have popping R&B music (when lets face it, there's so much better out there)?
Cause her music is radio-friendly, the lyrics are tame, no curse words, no sex talks, guys & girls both can bop to her. She's kinda like the R&B Jordin Sparks.
abi
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:35 pm

abi wrote:#1 on R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay.

ThaInfo1 wrote:But I don't realize why her out of all gwarls is she the one to have popping R&B music (when lets face it, there's so much better out there)?
Cause her music is radio-friendly, the lyrics are tame, no curse words, no sex talks, guys & girls both can bop to her. She's kinda like the R&B Jordin Sparks.
I think this is more of the reason, because I name a few people who fit the other fields. I've noticed a lot of black guys loved the hell out of Boo'd up.

Idk if Jordan is the best to compare her to though. :lol:
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Guru » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:55 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:

I think this is more of the reason, because I name a few people who fit the other fields. I've noticed a lot of black guys loved the hell out of Boo'd up.

Idk if Jordan is the best to compare her to though. :lol:
Sis has spoken :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Loveguru » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:22 am

She is light skin black as well :lol: .

Labels push these girls better than our chocolate girls. True tea as well.

Because vocally my good sis is just there
Forever Young
Loveguru
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:56 am

This is a nice catchy song. I think it appeals to Pop audiences to an extent as well.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby abi » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:01 am

Am I the only who really stans this song here? This song is EVERYTHING! :cry: Much better than "Mess'd Up" as well but all know that.
abi
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:12 pm

Nope, i also stan for this.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby MusicJunk90 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:05 pm

It's so weird to me that they went with Jorja Smith over Ella Mai for BNA at the Grammys when Jorja has no other nominations and Ella has Song Of The Year and R&B Song...? I know Ella's album came after the deadline but still...I'm sure she was eligible. I love both artists though so it's great to see both have been nominated in the MAJOR categories and are flying the flag for UK R&B.
MusicJunk90
Personal Assistant

Return to R&B & Urban