Dave - Funky Friday (ft. Fredo)

Moderators: urbanmusik, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Thriller » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:58 pm

Another nondescript, forgettable UK #1 single that will probably sell 1m "copies" through streams alone...
Thriller

Postby SholasBoy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:35 pm

This is so poor, I understand I'm not exactly the target market here, but this isn't even rapping, it's basically just talking over a lazy beat. No hook, no nothing...
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby urbanmusik » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:58 pm

This came out of nowhere - I know Dave’s had quite a bit of hype, but he hasn’t had a crossover hit like this before.

It’s nice seeing something unexpectadly debut at #1 in this chart climate. I feel like they were lucky getting the #1 this week since the likes of Little Mix and Clean Bandit will probably dominate the fourth quarter.

Contrary to everyone else I love the song. Sonically it sounds like a UK answer to mid-2000s US rap.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby MusicJunk90 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:26 pm

SholasBoy wrote:This is so poor, I understand I'm not exactly the target market here, but this isn't even rapping, it's basically just talking over a lazy beat. No hook, no nothing...
:lol: :lol: Did you even listen to the track? The hook is, like, the catchiest and strongest part of the song :o
MusicJunk90
Personal Assistant

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:57 am

MusicJunk90 wrote:
SholasBoy wrote:This is so poor, I understand I'm not exactly the target market here, but this isn't even rapping, it's basically just talking over a lazy beat. No hook, no nothing...
:lol: :lol: Did you even listen to the track? The hook is, like, the catchiest and strongest part of the song :o
To be fair that’s not really saying much
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Guru » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:27 pm

This reminds me of Shardinay :oops:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Return to R&B & Urban