Mariah Carey - Caution

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

Postby ButterflyD » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:12 pm

CAUTION:

US Billboard 200: 5 (51,000 equivalent album first week sales)
US Top Album Sales: 4 (43,000 first week pure sales)
US Digital Albums: 4
US Top Current Albums: 4
US Internet Albums: 4

US R&B Album: 1
US R&B/Hip-Hop Album: 1

US Tastemaker Albums: 23

GTFO:
US Hot R&B Songs: 25

With You
US Hot R&B Songs: 15
US Adult R&B Songs: 12
US Adult Contemporary: 21
US R&B/HipHop Airplay: 32
US Adult Top 40: 37
ButterflyD
Roadie

Postby RayRay » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Only heard Runway today for the first time (as I got the Japanese CD today).
I really like it. Should have been on the regular edition IMO.
RayRay
Legend

Postby stevyy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:44 pm

RayRay wrote:Only heard Runway today for the first time (as I got the Japanese CD today).
I really like it. Should have been on the regular edition IMO.
from where did you order this?
stevyy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:48 pm

never mind, ordered it from jpc now. 28,99€ omg. BUt I need it. My 5th Caution copy. (tied TEOM)
stevyy
Legend

Postby RayRay » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:51 pm

My husband ordered mine. It was around the same price as yours. He ordered it from "CD Japan".
It came with a long "sleeve". Does anybody else have it?
RayRay
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:15 am

I really hope she will push at least 2-3 more singled from this project. This era should last until late Summer. 'The Distance', A No No' and 'Giving Me Life' all would make great singles. I hope she's in it for the long run with this album.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby GetBack » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:35 am

Is the "A No No" Remix still pushing through?

Anyway, knowing how Mariah is very embarrassed with poorly received songs (unless of course a campaign is done to get her back on the charts), this will probably be anther Charmbracelet for her where she ignores the era; hope that she is still enthusiastic about this album in years to come.
GetBack
Legend

Postby dhenapie » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:48 pm

There really is no reason for her to pretend Caution didn't happen in the future. It's become the best reviewed album in her career, and it deserves all the praises it's gotten. It's a solid body of work and she's well aware of what she's accomplished with this record - quality over quantity.

Haven't been this happy over a new Mariah Carey record since TEOM. It's short, but it feels way more complete (for lack of better term) than her hour-long albums.
♕♕♕
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Eamon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:05 pm

GetBack wrote:Is the "A No No" Remix still pushing through?

Anyway, knowing how Mariah is very embarrassed with poorly received songs (unless of course a campaign is done to get her back on the charts), this will probably be anther Charmbracelet for her where she ignores the era; hope that she is still enthusiastic about this album in years to come.
She’s not “very embarrassed” at all. You clearly missed everything she said about Glitter recently. Come with facts dahhling!

If she doesn’t perform songs from certain albums that flop, it’s because she thinks the concert attendees don’t know the songs. She has praised plenty songs from Charmbracelet over the years. She used “Yours” when revealing her children to the world. She performed Subtle Invitation in concert numerous times over the years.

So Caution won’t be ignored. She’s very proud of this album. The only people who generally turn on projects that underperform are fickle “fans” like you. :lol:
Eamon
Legend

Postby ForeverYoung » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:17 pm

That’s the truth and the truth hurts. Take it and run with it. Go to sleep, wig, goodnight!
ForeverYoung
Manager

Postby Gravity » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:23 pm

She's embarrassed of some songs from her debut and it was very successful so :lol:

When was the last time she shaded one of her songs anyway?
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby Marchum » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Gravity wrote:She's embarrassed of some songs from her debut and it was very successful so :lol:

Just last week, Almost Home lol
Marchum
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:34 pm

She would've showed some effort and promoted the album if she was anxious about its commercial performance :lol:

I didn't like the way she shaded Almost Home though, it's a very nice, poppy track. :lol:
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Eamon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Marchum wrote:
Gravity wrote:She's embarrassed of some songs from her debut and it was very successful so :lol:

Just last week, Almost Home lol
She didn’t shade it. She downright said she doesn’t like it. :lol:
Eamon
Legend

Postby Gravity » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Tbh, I don't even consider Almost Home to be her song :lol:
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby ArmyOfMe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:57 pm

I love this album so much, it keeps growing on me. I didn't count on her to slay me this much after being hit and miss for the last 5+ years.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:43 am

Caution the song is great and catchy. It would make a cute single.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:51 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:I love this album so much, it keeps growing on me. I didn't count on her to slay me this much after being hit and miss for the last 5+ years.
+1. I still get multi eargsmns per listen. OML is still my jam. The Distance is amazing. Portrait is beautiful beyond compare. Caution is brilliant. 8th Grade is so smooth, ANN is ratchet, GTFO is so mellow and cute, WY is soft and thematic... OMG is omg and SLLY is silly.

I love it all. + Runway is exciting.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Mooriah » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Have to log back into my account so I can praise Mariallah on her new album. I have listened to this nonstop since release and this is definitely in her top 3 for me, up there with Daydream and Butterfly. I LOVE that her vocals are not as showy/processed as Elusive. Godriah sounds so confident and assured here and album as a whole sounds like something she WANTS to make, not for the charts. Suddenly gaga is her. I am also so glad it is just 10 track long and it's perfect for my commute to work, from work, gym sesh, baby making sesh and things of that nature.

GTFO - is that sassy #boybye bop. Apparently it's #3 in my Spotify 2018 charts. The whispery vocals work so well here and the 'take your tings and be on your merry way' bit is so catchy. love when she says 'mimi call you a valet!' a 5/5
With you - was underwhelmed at first but the melody on that chorus in undeniable. The vocals reminiscent of Always Be My Baby. That low register moment of whatever. a 5/5
Caution - issa bop!! those adlibs when she goes 'caution! caution! caushyennn!!! YASS MAMA. she's the queen of adlibs!! a 5/5
A No No - this song is just so cute. i think we all know someone who can't take no for an answer so next time imma tell that boy No in 10 different languagues. mimi is serving that ratchet rosetta stone realness. a 4.5/5
The Distance - it seems like a lot of people have this as their favorite. i like it ALOT but it is not my favorite. I think the verse is stronger than the chorus. a 4/5
Giving Me Life - one of my favorites. for a song that is over 6 mins long it doesn't feel like it. highlight for me when she adlibs over the guitar during the outro. giving me Kiss it Better vibes. a 5/5
One More Gen - this is that doing the nasty bop. 'if you think i'm on call for you you're right, baby i'm onto you', that's me telling all my 12 f buddies to make them feel special. one of my favorites and a constant repeat during my commute. a 5/5
8th Grade - ok. this is IT. this is the BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM. i don't know what it is about this song. on first listen i just thought it was cute but as i listen to it more and more it just gets better and i feel some type of way every time i listen to it. it's that melancholy moment of whatever. when she sings 'im not your world, im not your life.. tell me what that means to you' it just hits me. that feeling of unrequited love :( then in that last chorus when so goes, 'and if it was meeeeeee that was BY YO SIIIII- IIIDEEEEE-EEEEE!!!! i was like whew, wig. a 6/5
Stay Long Love You - is cute. a 4/5
Portrait - not gonna lie I am not very much into her piano bop. so this is my least favorite. I am more of a dramatic Outside type of gal as the closing track so this is a 3.5/5 for me.

Overall I give this album 5/5 (yes the actual average don't equal to 5 but whatevs)
Emeli | Taylor
Mooriah
Manager

Postby RayRay » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Caution is my most played song since the day it got released. Such a gem.
RayRay
Legend

Postby shanicefan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:08 pm

I owe all of Mariah albums and am a fan since 1991. I must say that this Album is a pleasant listen and a return to form. And the title sounds more adult than some of her older ones. I like all her albums but here she uses the voice to let the song Shine and not the other way around.

My faves are:
The distance
Giving me life
Portrait (reminds me of my fave song "Petals")
GTFO
8th grade
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places

(Kate Bush - Running up that hill)
shanicefan
Manager

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 pm

Title track is one of the best things she's recorded this decade. Period.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Superstar

Postby beredy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:37 pm

SawyerHewitt wrote:Title track is one of the best things she's recorded this decade. Period.
Wait until you get past song #3 off the album.
beredy
Manager

Postby SawyerHewitt » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:23 pm

beredy wrote:
SawyerHewitt wrote:Title track is one of the best things she's recorded this decade. Period.
Not here for GML or Portrait.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Superstar

Postby beredy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:25 pm

SawyerHewitt wrote:
beredy wrote:
Not here for GML or Portrait.
Hey! Nobody's perfect! :wink:
beredy
Manager

Return to R&B & Urban