Chris Brown - Indigo

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

Postby abi » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:39 am

New album coming possible during the Q1 of 2019.

x

Chris Brown is back in album mode.

The R&B superstar is teasing his next album on social media. Based on his Instagram Stories post, which was later deleted, the project is possibly titled Indigo and he plans to release the first music after the holidays.

“No cap… This music I got cooking in the oven!!!! After the holidays we getting right to it!” wrote Breezy, who said he’s been challenging himself to go harder this time around.

“I promise…never been one to brag, but I’m pushing myself harder and harder to make sure you feel it and it helps you internally,” he wrote, ending the post with the word “Indigo.”

While not much else is known about the project, that didn’t stop Team Breezy from flooding social media with their excited reactions, some of which can be seen below.

Brown hasn’t released an album since last year’s 45-track Heartbreak on a Full Moon. In the meantime, he’s been busy collaborating with artists including Trey Songz, Tory Lanez, Ella Mai, and Agnez Mo.
abi
Legend

Postby abi » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:40 am

While y'all here, let's stream his latest single with Agnez Mo, "Overdose" - currently #33 on Rhythmic and #22 on Urban radio.

abi
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:22 am

:lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Erotica » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 am

Hope it's better than Heartbreak on a full moon.
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby ludichris » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:33 am

Heartbreak on a Full Moon(song) was amazing and he needs more songs like that on the new project. Quality over quantity this time, please. I don't understand why he's always in such a rush to release new music?
ludichris
Manager

Postby SholasBoy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:53 am

Brown hasn’t released an album since last year’s 45-track Heartbreak on a Full Moon.
Like this is a long wait :lol:

For me Chris Brown is at his best with his Europop bops, I’m not here for him trying to be a mumble rapper
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby abi » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:37 pm

He needs to explore new sound instead of just repeating the same formula tbh. I like that he's very passionate about music but we all know how this album's gonna sound like. 40% R&B, 30% Trap/Hip-Hop-ish with featured rappers, 20% old school/MJ-esque Dance-Pop and probably 10% Soul/ballads and maybe throw in some EDM & Latin flavors here and there like WE GET IT. :lol:

Now that I'm enjoying "Overdose", I kinda want him to do more proper R&B duets with female artists. Now that I think about it, his duets are always the bomb! From "No Air" to "Superhuman" to "Right By My Side" to "Body On Me" to "Overdose". Not all those songs were hits but they're really, really good.
abi
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:05 pm

He's like RCA's saving grace now....
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby abi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:45 pm

If he delivers with this album and if the tracklist is shorter than 14 tracks then I think I'm ready to stan him again. He's been unproblematic this past 1 year and he seems to be able to get himself together these days (I believe mainly because of his daughter) plus "Overdose" is a bop so yeah.
abi
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Promo it abi :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Ska8er » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:47 pm

abi wrote:If he delivers with this album and if the tracklist is shorter than 14 tracks then I think I'm ready to stan him again. He's been unproblematic this past 1 year and he seems to be able to get himself together these days (I believe mainly because of his daughter) plus "Overdose" is a bop so yeah.
When exactly did you stop? :lol:
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby abi » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:44 am

Ska8er wrote:
abi wrote:If he delivers with this album and if the tracklist is shorter than 14 tracks then I think I'm ready to stan him again. He's been unproblematic this past 1 year and he seems to be able to get himself together these days (I believe mainly because of his daughter) plus "Overdose" is a bop so yeah.
When exactly did you stop? :lol:
Urgh come on. :lol: The last album I bought from him was X. Didn't care for his side project with Tyga, didn't care for Royalty like at all, didn't care for Heartbreak on a Full Moon except for like 4 tracks or something. "Freaky Friday" and "Overdose" (currently #21 on Urban radio STREAM IT!) are what made me interested in his music again.
abi
Legend

Postby Guru » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Guru
Guru

Return to R&B & Urban