UKMIX Urban/R&B Album of the Year 2018

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

Postby itsawrap » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:24 am

I'm a lamb and I'm voting for nao!

I've always hated how rap/ hip hop is lumped into r&b, just no.
Me. I am Itsawrap.
itsawrap
Manager

Postby abi » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:44 am

Well... Might create another banner with Mariah on it, I wanna make everybody happy. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby DnBLover » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:52 am

Just realized how the mariah fans, from which 90% are unrecognizable and no one has ever even seen, will come out of their fanatic cave thread just to vote in this. You should at least impose a minimum number of albums and not allow for votes in just 1 album or 5 albums. Surely her album is not UKMix's #1 album, but of course no one can compete with those obsessive people.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:53 am

Let a Mariah Album get number one, this is the only place where it is still happening. :lol:
At least the album is actually good so it wouldn't be too bad
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby DnBLover » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:56 am

Just realized there are already 3 people, with thousands of posts, I have never even seen elsewhere outside of this thread :lol:.
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Goldmoney » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:04 am

Yawnz

BeeBoy wrote:Let a Mariah Album get number one, this is the only place where it is still happening. :lol:
Caution is 10 times better than everything else combined and it still wouldn’t make my top 5 Kween albums. :lol:
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:06 am

DnBLover wrote:You should at least impose a minimum number of albums and not allow for votes in just 1 album or 5 albums.
Done sir. Minimum 5 albums.

I think that's enough, though I wouldn't think it would be THAT effective though. I mean you could just throw in your fave at #1 and then put some random R&B artists from Russia or something for the rest. Anyway, I expect everybody to be HONEST, based on our previous countdowns, there hasn't been any vote that seem suspicious so we're good y'all. 8-)
abi
Legend

Postby LongingHeart » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:11 am

I can't even vote for 5 albums this year tbh
99% of what I've heard this year hasn't been released this year
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby LongingHeart » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:13 am

BeeBoy wrote:Let a Mariah Album get number one, this is the only place where it is still happening. :lol:
Hehehehehe too funny - because a #1 and Mariah doesn't go together yup :)
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:41 am

LongingHeart wrote:
The last time any of her albums/singles was a #1 anywhere was over a decade ago so yes :D
But you can calm down I know damn well that she a had a big career.
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby WEBofDESIRE » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:18 pm

DnBLover wrote:Just realized how the mariah fans, from which 90% are unrecognizable and no one has ever even seen, will come out of their fanatic cave thread just to vote in this. You should at least impose a minimum number of albums and not allow for votes in just 1 album or 5 albums. Surely her album is not UKMix's #1 album, but of course no one can compete with those obsessive people.
We also leave the cave when we discover "unworthy" individuals at large. I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having a NEW friend for dinner.
WEBofDESIRE
Roadie

Postby DnBLover » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:30 pm

LongingHeart wrote:I can't even vote for 5 albums this year tbh
If you haven't even played 5 albums this year then this countdown is not for you.
DnBLover
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:38 pm

WEBofDESIRE wrote: I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having a NEW friend for dinner.
wow cannibalism :o
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby LongingHeart » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 pm

DnBLover wrote:
LongingHeart wrote:I can't even vote for 5 albums this year tbh
If you haven't even played 5 albums this year then this countdown is not for you.
Right ..
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby Eamon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:25 pm

BeeBoy wrote:
LongingHeart wrote:
The last time any of her albums/singles was a #1 anywhere was over a decade ago so yes :D
#1 anywhere? Caution was just #1 on Billboard’s R&B chart so let’s not act like that is not a legitimate Billboard chart.
Eamon
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:47 pm

Eamon wrote:
BeeBoy wrote:
LongingHeart wrote:
#1 anywhere? Caution was just #1 on Billboard’s R&B chart so let’s not act like that is not a legitimate Billboard chart.
I'm not talking about a genre chart which doesn't show anything. We can also count her countless weeks at #1 on holiday songs chart. I'm not hating on her as I said it's a good album. This are facts if you guys cannot take any jokes then you're better off in her GA where she will be praised
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby WEBofDESIRE » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:59 pm

BeeBoy wrote:I'm not talking about a genre chart which doesn't show anything. We can also count her countless weeks at #1 on holiday songs chart. I'm not hating on her as I said it's a good album. This are facts if you guys cannot take any jokes then you're better off in her GA where she will be praised
No worries. It's non-stop laughter at the oblation ceremonies.
WEBofDESIRE
Roadie

Postby abi » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Everybody please keep it cute in this thread. :P

abi
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:05 pm

I've received a number of votes already. So y'all not gonna wait until Zayn's masterpiece drops on December 14? Y'all are a bunch of flops and so are his singles but we're not gonna talk about that.
abi
Legend

Postby Eamon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:12 pm

BeeBoy wrote:I'm not talking about a genre chart which doesn't show anything. We can also count her countless weeks at #1 on holiday songs chart. I'm not hating on her as I said it's a good album. This are facts if you guys cannot take any jokes then you're better off in her GA where she will be praised
But this is a genre chart on UKmix so your joke wasn't very funny. I could make plenty jokes about all ya'll faves so how about you keep the "jokes" to a minimum so we can all keep it cute here. :wink:
Eamon
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:17 pm

So a list compiled by Ukmix users is the same as an official chart of a country? :lol: let's just leave it at that and get back to the topic
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby carloandrew » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:34 am

DnBLover wrote:Just realized how the mariah fans, from which 90% are unrecognizable and no one has ever even seen, will come out of their fanatic cave thread just to vote in this. You should at least impose a minimum number of albums and not allow for votes in just 1 album or 5 albums. Surely her album is not UKMix's #1 album, but of course no one can compete with those obsessive people.
I don't see how this is an issue. Maybe an issue for you personally but the winners are decided thru voting by the members and its not our fault if your faves are outnumbered.

Also its rude to say that Mariah fans are obsessive just because they come in and vote. We're not required to mingle you know.

Maybe instead of focusing on the number of albums being voted they can impose that only a member with lets say 1000k posts are the ones qualified, since you are so concerned on who will vote
Caution and Giving Me Life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
carloandrew
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 am

It doesn't make sense to make the number of posts a criteria, what has this to do with anything? Voting for a minimum of albums does. This way you cannot only give points to one album to manipulate. How do you want to know what's the best album if you cannot even be bothered to listen to anything but the one from your fave. If you haven't even listened to 5 albums it doesn't make sense to participate in a voting for best albums released this year. This isn't a compitition nor does anyone get an award from it. It is for fun, so pls stop being so defensive about it. Let's move on
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby carloandrew » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:33 pm

It has something to do with his opinion about "obsessive" people who he "does not even recognize" will start voting for Mariah. What does it have to do with this poll then? Why are yall singling out lambs voting obviously for Mariah. Is everyone able to listen to all the albums listed?

Funny that the ones who start these types of conversation are the ones who ask others to stop when they get dragged :roll:
Caution and Giving Me Life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
carloandrew
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:46 pm

It's just sad when stans of an artist come in here send a list with one name on it and that's it. If you can't be bothered to listen to another 5, (nobody said every single one of them)of those albums why is it so important Mariah wins here. It's just boring if you know who wins anyway. I don't care if she wins but if it's because stans are recruting other stans so they send votes in with just her and others compile lists as they care about the genre- it takes all the fun out. That's all we said. Nobody here hates on Mariah, she certainly delivered a good album. So not only stans will vote for her anyway. The way you all came in here getting defensive and upset over a game says it all. Vote how you want. I don't think this needs to be discussed any further
BeeBoy
Manager

Return to R&B & Urban