Changes to UKMIX

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

Postby Wayne » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:25 am

MusicRecords wrote:For premium economy accounts, will there be a limit as to how many people you can block?
Asking for a friend :P

Also, will there be extra warnings for those members? would suck to pay $12 only to get banned the next day...I'd sue Ukmix for all 12 pence it's worth and get my $12 back, I need to pay bills babes 8-)
I guess you take your chance hun!
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:47 am

Thriller wrote:Not those awful emoticons I hope though :lol:

Looking forward to being able to block certain members. Although it could make counting survivor votes tricky in some instances.
You'll see this when you block someone:

We'll adjust rules for survivors to include a rule which adds checking this in.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:51 am

two questions:

1 If I block someone, will he/she know I've blocked him/her?

2 If someone I haven't blocked quotes someone I've blocked and makes a post against it, will I see his/her (the person I haven't blocked) post?
Last edited by DOSSOME on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:57 am

MusicRecords wrote:For premium economy accounts, will there be a limit as to how many people you can block?

Also, will there be extra warnings for those members? would suck to pay $12 only to get banned the next day...I'd sue Ukmix for all 12 pence it's worth and get my $12 back, I need to pay bills babes 8-)
Surely, being a premium member has so many privileges already, & getting away with breaking rules shouldn't be one of them :-?
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:29 pm

DOSSOME wrote:

Surely, being a premium member has so many privileges already, & getting away with breaking rules shouldn't be one of them :-?
Hun don;t worry about it, you won't know if I break them cause you'll be on my blocked list 8-) :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Wayne » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 pm

DOSSOME wrote:two questions:

No, the only person who will know who's blocked who is me and only I will know by dialling directly into the database (which is too much hassle). Interestingly, I have since come to learn that it is possible to add posters to a global ignore list (whereby a person is automatically ignored by everyone :lol: ).

DOSSOME wrote:2 If someone I haven't blocked quotes someone I've blocked and makes a post against it, will I see his/her (the person I haven't blocked) post?
Yes.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:56 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Hun don;t worry about it, you won't know if I break them cause you'll be on my blocked list 8-) :lol:
Girrrrrrr.l
Speaking of which, is it possible for 2 posters to block each other? :D
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:59 pm

Wayne wrote:
DOSSOME wrote:two questions:

No, the only person who will know who's blocked who is me and only I will know by dialling directly into the database (which is too much hassle). Interestingly, I have since come to learn that it is possible to add posters to a global ignore list (whereby a person is automatically ignored by everyone :lol: ).
Oh dear, that's even worse than a permaban :lol: :lol:
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:29 pm

I'm guessing if someone quotes a person you've blocked, you will still see that still?
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:01 pm

cheapthrills wrote:I'm guessing if someone quotes a person you've blocked, you will still see that still?
Yes, unfortunately - there's no way for the system to recognise the "offending" part of the post.

I've been looking into whether there's a fix, and there doesn't appear to be an easy one.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby thankfulforkelly » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Can’t wait to block MusicRecords
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:39 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote:Can’t wait to block MusicRecords
I know u can't, envy is a bish :P
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Top10 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Wayne wrote:You have the option of writing the post with it formatted as you write it or keeping it basic like current UKMIX, where all the formatting options appear in their written BB Code.

Exciting!
What will happen with saving drafts as an option and will all the messages in this folder in the user panel disappear after the transition?
The last for 2018 Top 10 - 28.12.2018.
Top 10 of 2018 - no. 2.
Top10
Roadie

Postby Marchum » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:02 pm

I’m looking forward to get rid of all the immature/bs talk as well as Dua Lipa talk. Best news ever tbh lol
Marchum
Manager

Postby Wayne » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:08 pm

Top10 wrote:What will happen with saving drafts as an option and will all the messages in this folder in the user panel disappear after the transition?
There isn't a Drafts facility built in as standard on the new software - therefore, I'd advise you PM yourself any drafts you wish to keep, and they'll be imported across as part of your private messaging portfolio. Longer term, it is possible to add such a facility as part of a modification - I would advise you raise this as part of our Forum Feedback Survey (which we'll launch in a couple of months).

Will make this clear to all members when I'm able to confirm our go live date.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Goldmoney » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:32 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote:Can’t wait to block Burger King Crown
SawyerHewitt wrote:The raw emotion Kween conveys when belting out WBT's climax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY.
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Goldmoney wrote:
thankfulforkelly wrote:Can’t wait to block Drama Queen Crown
Fixed :P
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby RayRay » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:11 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
DOSSOME wrote:

Hun don;t worry about it, you won't know if I break them cause you'll be on my blocked list 8-) :lol:
But if he hasn't got you on his block list, he will still see your posts, although you won't see his.
RayRay
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:48 pm

I would never block anyone, seeing annoying posts on a daily basis is an essential part of the ukmix experience. Maybe I'm just a masochist.
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Marchum » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:50 pm

toni_pest wrote:I would never block anyone, seeing annoying posts on a daily basis is an essential part of the ukmix experience. Maybe I'm just a masochist.
True. I don’t think blocking users goes well with the whole point of being a member on a forum.
Marchum
Manager

Postby Wayne » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:59 pm

Marchum wrote:
toni_pest wrote:I would never block anyone, seeing annoying posts on a daily basis is an essential part of the ukmix experience. Maybe I'm just a masochist.
True. I don’t think blocking users goes well with the whole point of being a member on a forum.
I agree with both points, to an extent - that's why I'll be limiting the blocking to 5 users per poster (will reduce this further if there's too much of a noticeable impact on discussion). If you're not getting on with more than 5 people on a forum, regularly and consistently, there's probably a reason for that that an ignore feature will not resolve.

It's worth noting that your individual block lists are self-maintained - so you can update the list as and when you like, and in response to however you're feeling on any given day.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Wayne wrote:
Marchum wrote:
I agree with both points, to an extent - that's why I'll be limiting the blocking to 5 users per poster (will reduce this further if there's too much of a noticeable impact on discussion). If you're not getting on with more than 5 people on a forum, regularly and consistently, there's probably a reason for that that an ignore feature will not resolve.

It's worth noting that your individual block lists are self-maintained - so you can update the list as and when you like, and in response to however you're feeling on any given day.
Will it be possible to block admins/mods? asking for a friend :)
Follow me on Instagram

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby Erotica » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:53 pm

I don't like the thought of being able to block people.
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:50 am

Yeah I don't support the block feature, as it will disrupt a lot of conversation and engagement. However if the admin team believe it's best for it to be a feature, then I trust their judgement.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:29 am

So happy this feature is coming.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Return to R&B & Urban