Blaque Ivory - Torch

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

Postby amerie_touch » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:01 pm

Did this album leak???? has anyone got any songs from it??
amerie_touch
Groupie

Postby hypnotikwater » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:10 pm

amerie_touch wrote:Did this album leak???? has anyone got any songs from it??
It never leaked!
However, there are clips of all the songs from it floating around on the internet!
Also there's already a topic here: http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23715&highlight=blaque+torch
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby imissu_aaliyah » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:31 am

I honestly wonder where this album is being held, I know it's out there somewhere
WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC
imissu_aaliyah
Manager

Postby honeystacia » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:23 pm

Dear god not another topic about this album!! Why is everyone so obsessed by it. I heard it on some blaque fansite years ago and it was dull, boring and not good. If it was a good album they'd probably release it. Same with Samantha Mumba! (except the Honeyz of course, Harmony rocks 8-) )
honeystacia
Manager

Postby rhonda » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:45 pm

hi all!
ive managed to track down a BLAQUE TORCH SAMPLER! with a difference this one has 6 full tracks on it!
unlike the ones floating ariund with 2 full tracks!
i think this album is cool and deserves a full release!
love always
rhonda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rhonda!
rhonda
Groupie

Postby lefteye » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:25 pm

rhonda wrote:hi all!
ive managed to track down a BLAQUE TORCH SAMPLER! with a difference this one has 6 full tracks on it!
love always
rhonda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What tracks are they cos it could just be extended fan-made versions :-?
lefteye
Roadie

Postby amerie_touch » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:06 pm

love always
rhonda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
could u upload the smapler????
amerie_touch
Groupie

Postby hypnotikwater » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:41 pm

love always
rhonda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That is seriously the best news I've heard in a long time! How did you find it?
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby Franckoty007 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:16 pm

Another topic about this album :o
Franckoty007
Manager

Postby LetMeLoveU » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:38 pm

Yes, but still no mp3s files or the sampler!!!
i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!
LetMeLoveU
Superstar

Postby hypnotikwater » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:29 pm

LetMeLoveU wrote:Yes, but still no mp3s files or the sampler!!!
On popcultureforums, Rhonda said it'd take 7 days to be sent and it should arrive by Friday. If it has maybe she's been listening to it and not had time to upload it but if it hasn't hopefully it will soon. Anyway, I'm sure the songs will be worth the wait.
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby LetMeLoveU » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:42 pm

hypnotikwater wrote:
On popcultureforums, Rhonda said it'd take 7 days to be sent and it should arrive by Friday. If it has maybe she's been listening to it and not had time to upload it but if it hasn't hopefully it will soon. Anyway, I'm sure the songs will be worth the wait.
Ill cross my fingers that she will make a reply!!!
i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!
LetMeLoveU
Superstar

Postby hypnotikwater » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:12 pm

LetMeLoveU wrote:
hypnotikwater wrote:
Ill cross my fingers that she will make a reply!!!
Me too!
I really hope it's not a fake!
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby rhonda » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:20 am

sorry everyone , i did get my torch sampler! but it only has 2 full tracks like all the rest either my contact is stupid or i have been ripped off!
i am so fed up!
sorry eveyrone!
love
rhonda
xx :cry:
rhonda!
rhonda
Groupie

Postby JRock2118 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:37 am

rhonda wrote:sorry everyone , i did get my torch sampler! but it only has 2 full tracks like all the rest either my contact is stupid or i have been ripped off!
i am so fed up!
sorry eveyrone!
love
rhonda
xx :cry:
What 2 full tracks are on it? Ugly and what?
JRock2118
Groupie

Postby LetMeLoveU » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:52 pm

... and "I'm Good", I guess!!!
LetMeLoveU
Superstar

Postby rhonda » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:45 pm

yes its 'im good' and 'ugly'
im so so fed up!
i don't think we will ever get this cd! :cry:
rhonda
xxxxxxxxxx
rhonda!
rhonda
Groupie

Postby hypnotikwater » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:19 pm

I emailed Shamaris management (Farina Entertainment) and they sent me an email back that included this:
Regarding the petition, she (and the other members of Blaque) are humbled and overwhelmed by the support and time all of the loyal fans have shown by expressing their interest for the release of the album. We may have a surprise in store at some point in the near future for Blaque fans awaiting another album.
:o
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby romeo » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:05 pm

Woohoo! How exciting is that? I hope they release it!
romeo
Roadie

Postby lefteye » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:43 pm

Ooh :o that would be amazing if they released it thanks for emailing :D :wink:
lefteye
Roadie

Postby Frenchraynefan » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:50 am

No they'll never release it... a petition wouldn't change nothing... I remember there was a petition for Kellé Bryan back in the day... nothing happend !

Do you seriously think that Atlantic (who now owns Elektra rights), will release in 2007 or 2008 or even later, an album recorded in 2002/3 from a group they don't handle anymore (so they couldn't promote) ? We never saw that exept if :
- the artist die...
- or the artist become a big star so the album would sold only on his name (usually this happens when it's an indie label that owns early records from an artist)...

I don't wish the first case for Blaque... and the second case is likely to never happen as the group disbanded... i think Shamari's management only encourage the fan to show support so it brings more buzz to Shamari, and when he says "We may have a surprise in store at some point in the near future for Blaque fans awaiting another album" he probably speak about a probably re-formation of Blaque, cause the girls are still friendly and we never know... Didn't 702 disbanded and then re-unite for a new album ? Same for Xscape ? And same for LovHer who are working on their come-back...

When you see that today, an artist needs to have a single into the Billboard Hot 50 to see his album release and sometimes, it comes out after 3 medium hit (take Tyra as a recent example... and her album isn't out yet...)... well... Blaque can't have this album release with no single and no promo... their name is not famous anymore... and Atlantic is not there to sell thousands of discs... they want to sell millions of discs !
Brandy|Tha'Rayne|Yummy|Blaque|Monica|702|Canela|Xscape|Nicole|Whitney|Rhona|Mariah|Tamar|Tamia|Debelah|Lil'Mo|Shanice|Shola|Tracie...
Frenchraynefan
Roadie

Postby Thisisme46 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:46 pm

Frenchraynefan wrote:No they'll never release it... a petition wouldn't change nothing... I remember there was a petition for Kellé Bryan back in the day... nothing happend !

Do you seriously think that Atlantic (who now owns Elektra rights), will release in 2007 or 2008 or even later, an album recorded in 2002/3 from a group they don't handle anymore (so they couldn't promote) ? We never saw that exept if :
- the artist die...
- or the artist become a big star so the album would sold only on his name (usually this happens when it's an indie label that owns early records from an artist)...

I don't wish the first case for Blaque... and the second case is likely to never happen as the group disbanded... i think Shamari's management only encourage the fan to show support so it brings more buzz to Shamari, and when he says "We may have a surprise in store at some point in the near future for Blaque fans awaiting another album" he probably speak about a probably re-formation of Blaque, cause the girls are still friendly and we never know... Didn't 702 disbanded and then re-unite for a new album ? Same for Xscape ? And same for LovHer who are working on their come-back...

When you see that today, an artist needs to have a single into the Billboard Hot 50 to see his album release and sometimes, it comes out after 3 medium hit (take Tyra as a recent example... and her album isn't out yet...)... well... Blaque can't have this album release with no single and no promo... their name is not famous anymore... and Atlantic is not there to sell thousands of discs... they want to sell millions of discs !
sorry but this just aint the case with digital downloads more albums are being released and i can name just one example which the band disbanded and had no promo and this is dream reality which was released to a french download store
with no promo
no single
no anything they just did it to make some money and the members of dream were quoted as sayin that there was no reality album they didnt even no the trax on it so it would neva be released taken from ashleys official forum.

here we have blaque who had an album sampler and a track listing so if may happen one day dont just write it off
Thisisme46
Groupie

Postby hypnotikwater » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:53 pm

Frenchraynefan wrote:No they'll never release it... a petition wouldn't change nothing... I remember there was a petition for Kellé Bryan back in the day... nothing happend !

- the artist die...

I don't think they'll release torch either. :-?
I was thinking that it's probably like a greatest hits package. But that might mean tracks from Torch could be put on as bonus tracks. :D
I also doubt that they're reforming (although I'd love them to) because Shamari hasn't even released anything yet.
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby rhonda » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:35 am

COME ON ELEKTRA RELEASE THIS DAMN ALBUM!
IF ONLY IN LIMITED AMOUNTS?

rhonda
xxx
rhonda!
rhonda
Groupie

Postby Frenchraynefan » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:16 am

Elektra doesn't exist anymore ! The label has folded and has been absobed by Atlantic... that's why Blaque was dropped... Atlantic only kept Elektra's top selling artists...
Brandy|Tha'Rayne|Yummy|Blaque|Monica|702|Canela|Xscape|Nicole|Whitney|Rhona|Mariah|Tamar|Tamia|Debelah|Lil'Mo|Shanice|Shola|Tracie...
Frenchraynefan
Roadie

Return to R&B & Urban