Blaque Ivory - Torch

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

Postby george » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:56 pm

Frenchraynefan wrote:No they'll never release it... a petition wouldn't change nothing... I remember there was a petition for Kellé Bryan back in the day... nothing happend !

Do you seriously think that Atlantic (who now owns Elektra rights), will release in 2007 or 2008 or even later, an album recorded in 2002/3 from a group they don't handle anymore (so they couldn't promote) ? We never saw that exept if :
- the artist die...
- or the artist become a big star so the album would sold only on his name (usually this happens when it's an indie label that owns early records from an artist)...

I don't wish the first case for Blaque... and the second case is likely to never happen as the group disbanded... i think Shamari's management only encourage the fan to show support so it brings more buzz to Shamari, and when he says "We may have a surprise in store at some point in the near future for Blaque fans awaiting another album" he probably speak about a probably re-formation of Blaque, cause the girls are still friendly and we never know... Didn't 702 disbanded and then re-unite for a new album ? Same for Xscape ? And same for LovHer who are working on their come-back...

When you see that today, an artist needs to have a single into the Billboard Hot 50 to see his album release and sometimes, it comes out after 3 medium hit (take Tyra as a recent example... and her album isn't out yet...)... well... Blaque can't have this album release with no single and no promo... their name is not famous anymore... and Atlantic is not there to sell thousands of discs... they want to sell millions of discs !
What about when they released Anthony Hamiliton's CD? He was not on the label anymore and also it didn't sell too much. Also, he recorded the album hecka years ago.
george
Groupie

Postby hypnotikwater » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:20 am

As much as I want them to release Torch, the way that they phrased it makes it seem like they're re-forming for another album rather than releasing torch. :) at the new album but :( at no Torch. I NEED to hear the full version of Hopeless!
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby sorcerer » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:02 am

It is all about business, the record company thinks it will flop and that material is not good enough to promote so they put it on hold and then cancel.
I remember some big failure before same motown Shades with an album produced by Teddy Riley, Eddie F, Missy... big promotion and 40 000 sales ! Same for the amazing Horace Brown album.
So to avoid those bad times they prefer cancel the album and often when you finally can hear the album u see that it was not really that good...
sorcerer
Roadie

Postby hypnotikwater » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 am

sorcerer wrote:It is all about business, the record company thinks it will flop and that material is not good enough to promote so they put it on hold and then cancel.
I remember some big failure before same motown Shades with an album produced by Teddy Riley, Eddie F, Missy... big promotion and 40 000 sales ! Same for the amazing Horace Brown album.
So to avoid those bad times they prefer cancel the album and often when you finally can hear the album u see that it was not really that good...
That's why I made petition to get it onto legal download websites. That way, the record company don't have to pay for promotion or manufacturing the cd, all they have to do is put the tracks on their. Therefore they'd still make some money from the project.
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby rhonda » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:12 pm

we have 251 signatures now, but we still need more!
cmon guys get signing!
so torch may get released someday?!?
rhonda!
rhonda
Groupie

Postby hypnotikwater » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:05 pm

rhonda wrote:we have 251 signatures now, but we still need more!
cmon guys get signing!
so torch may get released someday?!?
To be honest, the only way I see us being able to get it is when someone gets their hands on it and leaks it to the internet. And that may never happen. I don't think it'll ever be released officially. :(
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby R_D » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:57 pm

I seriously would love to see a release of this. I loved the snippets of Torch so i deffinetly want this ALBUM!!!!!!!!! I want full versions of Hopeless, Fall Back, Her Name and all the other tracks :(
R_D
Personal Assistant

Postby Rikardo » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:30 am

i rele wana hear that Hopeless tune i used to have it but it was on ma old PC, can anyone send me it?
Rikardo
Groupie

Postby hypnotikwater » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:15 am

You can download the album sampler in one audio file from here:
*link removed*

That will have hopeless in it.
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby george » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:42 am

I also e-mailed Farina Entertainment

They said
Thank you for your e-mail.

Shamari Fears and Brandi D. Williams are both currently working on their Debut SOLO Albums.

Blaque was granted a release from Elektra / Atlantic Records. Atlantic elected to not release the album, rather only two singles ("I'm Good" and "Ugly") due to the request of the loyal Blaque fans, which both were successful singles. None the less, continue to check the websites for future updates regarding additional releases. Once information is confirmed it will always be posted on the official website of the Artist(s). No further comment regarding the TORCH LP is available at this time, however, updates may become available.

Thank you again for your continued support.

Please also be aware that both Shamari and Brandi will be launching official fanclubs in the coming months. You may correspond through the fanclub(s) for direct information once they launch. We are replying only once to fans (due to the high volume of e-mails) on the Artist's behalf as a courtesy until the fanclub launches. Thank you again and Have a great day!
george
Groupie

Postby hypnotikwater » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:04 pm

Thanks for emailing them. :D
Don't really understand it though. :-? Is it saying they're still on Elektra? They seem to thinkt here's going to be future Blaque releases aswell. :D
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby rhonda » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:14 pm

theres still only 252 on the petition!
will torch ever get released? :cry:
rhonda!
rhonda
Groupie

Postby hypnotikwater » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:36 pm

I really don't think it ever will.
I'm just hoping that Shamari or one of the band members will be kind enough to send someone the mp3s of it or a cd-r.
I'm sure she would if someone got in contact with her and she knows how to.
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby R_D » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:34 am

I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch!I Want Torch! lol!
R_D
Personal Assistant

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:42 pm

hypnotikwater wrote:You can download the album sampler in one audio file from here:
*link removed*

That will have hopeless in it.
If people continue to file share there may be more 7 day bans on the way.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Down4Chelle » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:26 pm

don't think this has been posted yet...

New Shamari interview was posted on her official site.

Here's the link in case you wanna read http://www.middlechildpromotions.com/interviews.html

"Middlechild spoke with Shamari about her upcoming solo debut, her sound, and what really happened to Torch"
Down4Chelle
Personal Assistant

Postby Chris79 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:17 pm

Thanks for the info, Down4Chelle.

Was really interesting to read it... although a shame due to what reason "Torch" never saw the light of day.
Chris79
Groupie

Postby george » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:37 am

hypnotikwater

have you ever gotten a chance to talk to colin bartland over at the pop culture forum. he supposedly has Torch. I've e-mailed him @ two e-mail accounts, just waiting for a reply.
george
Groupie

Postby hypnotikwater » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:14 pm

To be honest I always thought he ways lying. There's alot of liers on that board (stole mp3 gangsters) and now they're tryna make it look like I'm the one spamming the board. :roll: So pathetic.
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby honeystacia » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:17 pm

Why can't you guys just let it go. Some Blaque site had the full album up for a little while (a long time ago) and it sucked. There's a reason it didn't get released...
honeystacia
Manager

Postby hypnotikwater » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:29 pm

Trust me, no website has ever had the full clips up. I know the person who runs blaqueonline.net and he said that he's only got clips and to be honest, if another website had had it up, someone would've ripped it.
But I do kind of agree with you, we do talk about this album alot. I personally think it sounded amazing from the clips but we've searched as much as possible, maybe we should just wait and see if it comes to us. :lol:
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby hypnotikwater » Wed May 17, 2006 10:34 am

From Brandi's official site:
www.brandidwilliams.com wrote:We are in the planning stages to hopefully release the Torch LP overseas so you will be able to get a copy! The Torch album may be released soon overseas so all the fans that have been asking for it will finally be able to get a copy.
Yay!

Also Blaque are DEFINATELY gonna reform.
Their official websites are:
www.blaquefan.com (US)
www.blaqueivory.net (International)

However, they are not finished yet so redirect to their managements website.
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby Down4Chelle » Wed May 17, 2006 2:35 pm

:o Blaque reforming?? a bit unexpeted

Anyway, great news about Torch...I still dunno how they could release it tho, hardly any1 knows about Blaque anymore! thanx for posting
Down4Chelle
Personal Assistant

Postby hypnotikwater » Wed May 17, 2006 2:37 pm

It's probably just so that the fans can hear it that they're releasing it. Not like a proper album release.
Surely Elektra has the rights to the album though? :-?
hypnotikwater
Manager

Postby george » Wed May 17, 2006 11:21 pm

hypnotikwater wrote:From Brandi's official site:
www.brandidwilliams.com wrote:We are in the planning stages to hopefully release the Torch LP overseas so you will be able to get a copy! The Torch album may be released soon overseas so all the fans that have been asking for it will finally be able to get a copy.
Yay!

Also Blaque are DEFINATELY gonna reform.
Their official websites are:
www.blaquefan.com (US)
www.blaqueivory.net (International)

However, they are not finished yet so redirect to their managements website.
she was writing to me. omg that's so cool.
george
Groupie

Return to R&B & Urban