Urban/R&B Song Idenfication Thread

Moderators: urbanmusik, Benjamin

 

Postby biscuits » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:34 pm

There's a song, female I think, and maybe 2000s.

The chorus is something like 'I can't be without ya, be without ya, be without ya'

Help pls
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 47822
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby biscuits » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:40 pm

biscuits wrote:There's a song, female I think, and maybe 2000s.

The chorus is something like 'I can't be without ya, be without ya, be without ya'

Help pls
Figured it out. Aaliyah - I Don't Wanna
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 47822
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby YouMakeMeFeel » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:22 pm

I need help finding not a song, but an album. I'm pretty sure it's an RnB genre. I remember seeing the album cover in Target one day and was curious. All I remember about it, was it said something like: "warning, this is the sexiest album of all time", or something to that extent. It was actually on the cover art, not a sticker that said it. lol. :lol:

Thanks!
Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack
User avatar
YouMakeMeFeel
Manager
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009
Location: U.S.

Postby biscuits » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Maybe you'll identify some songs in the R&B Songs Countdown!

biscuits wrote:Image

Welcome to a new UKMIX countdown - R&B songs of the 2000s. In this countdown, we will vote for our favourite R&B songs released in a decade which saw the genre completely dominate the first few years but be almost irrelevant by the end of it. There were huge album sellers from Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys and Usher, new releases from 80s and 90s acts, such as Mary J. Blige, Janet Jackson and Beyonce, the emergence of new stars like Ashanti, Ciara and Chris Brown, and the last releases from Whitney Houston, Aaliyah and Michael Jackson.

I will post lists of some of the biggest songs of the decade in this thread to remind y'all of what you can vote for. Remember that this is an R&B countdown, not rap and hip-hop.

RULES:

- Send me a PM of your favourite R&B songs of the decade (minimum 20, maximum 50)
- The song had to be released from 1/1/00-31/12/09. If the song is from a 90s album, but was released in the 2000s, then it is eligible.
- A limit of 5 songs per artist in your votes
- Please only vote for singles. No album tracks.
- Deadline: 3rd March


Please use this voting template:
[50 POINTS] -
[49 POINTS] -
[48 POINTS] -
[47 POINTS] -
[46 POINTS] -
[45 POINTS] -
[44 POINTS] -
[43 POINTS] -
[42 POINTS] -
[41 POINTS] -
[40 POINTS] -
[39 POINTS] -
[38 POINTS] -
[37 POINTS] -
[36 POINTS] -
[35 POINTS] -
[34 POINTS] -
[33 POINTS] -
[32 POINTS] -
[31 POINTS] -
[30 POINTS] -
[29 POINTS] -
[28 POINTS] -
[27 POINTS] -
[26 POINTS] -
[25 POINTS] -
[24 POINTS] -
[23 POINTS] -
[22 POINTS] -
[21 POINTS] -
[20 POINTS] -
[19 POINTS] -
[18 POINTS] -
[17 POINTS] -
[16 POINTS] -
[15 POINTS] -
[14 POINTS] -
[13 POINTS] -
[12 POINTS] -
[11 POINTS] -
[10 POINTS] -
[09 POINTS] -
[08 POINTS] -
[07 POINTS] -
[06 POINTS] -
[05 POINTS] -
[04 POINTS] -
[03 POINTS] -
[02 POINTS] -
[01 POINTS] -
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 47822
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby myafanatic » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Anybody remember Lisa Roxanne?

https://soundcloud.com/user-892278271/l ... neuntitled

I found this song by her without a title. Does anybody know the name or who the male singer is? He says his name at the start but I can't make it out.
User avatar
myafanatic
Groupie
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009

Postby freeme » Wed May 31, 2017 7:54 am

I am looking for a song.. Hip-Hop style from 1995-1996..
The chorus was like "say you la la say you c'mon c'mon.
The video was black and with with a car race... Maybe.
Can u help me. It's been ages..
don't disturb this groove!
freeme
Manager
 
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004
Location: Haywards Heat, UK

Postby YouMakeMeFeel » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:54 pm

freeme wrote:I am looking for a song.. Hip-Hop style from 1995-1996..
The chorus was like "say you la la say you c'mon c'mon.
The video was black and with with a car race... Maybe.
Can u help me. It's been ages..
This?

Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack
User avatar
YouMakeMeFeel
Manager
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009
Location: U.S.

Postby freeme » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:50 am

YouMakeMeFeel wrote:
freeme wrote:I am looking for a song.. Hip-Hop style from 1995-1996..
The chorus was like "say you la la say you c'mon c'mon.
The video was black and with with a car race... Maybe.
Can u help me. It's been ages..
This?

No....sadly.
It's so hard to find it.
Thanks anyway
don't disturb this groove!
freeme
Manager
 
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004
Location: Haywards Heat, UK

Postby MrDiva » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:02 am

Looking for a song by some UK trash white rap duo from some I know it's has its own three here but I can't find it
It's two guys rapping about a woman
They are really low class and use disgusting language to describe everything it's super bad

Circa 2004-2007 maybe ?
MrDiva
Legend
 
Posts: 10181
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013
Location: Germany

Postby Gravity » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 am



First time hearing this version and I'm kinda shook because the version I have on CD is very similar to Diana Ross' original.

Does anyone know the official name of the version they used in the video?
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 11003
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby Guru » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:22 am

It’s from the movie Maid In Manhattan. Unsure which version though. What version do you have?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 25169
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby Gravity » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Guru wrote:It’s from the movie Maid In Manhattan. Unsure which version though. What version do you have?
I have this one


I have it on CD compliation "Playlist: The Very Best Of Amerie"
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 11003
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby freeme » Tue May 22, 2018 10:01 pm

freeme wrote:I am looking for a song.. Hip-Hop style from 1995-1996..
The chorus was like "say you la la say you c'mon c'mon.
The video was black and with with a car race... Maybe.
Can u help me. It's been ages..
I am still searching for this song. So hard.
If I had a vocal message I can sing a bit of it. LOL
don't disturb this groove!
freeme
Manager
 
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004
Location: Haywards Heat, UK

Postby rados » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Please i can't find the name of this song i recorded time ago from an instagram story. PLEASE :o
File audio https://ufile.io/elnsv
rados
Groupie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018

Postby notadj » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi all

There’s a 90s/early 2000s rnb song, the chorus goes something like “how can we remain just good friends, what I feel is much more than just friends “

Anyone know it?
notadj
Groupie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018

Postby Miel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi Everyone it's a long shot but...
I am looking for a Hiphop/R&B song i think it's (earlier) 00's maybe even late 90's. d
It was sung by (i think a collab of) black men. in the clip there were flashes of a woman with dark , long hair, wearing a loose black dress with a low back tough the woman wasn't singing, (nor any other women). It was a rather popular song/ singer but i couldn't track it down using playlists on youtube or anything.
Miel
Groupie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018

Postby abi » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:50 am

Miel wrote:It was sung by (i think a collab of) black men. in the clip there were flashes of a woman with dark , long hair, wearing a loose black dress with a low back tough the woman wasn't singing, (nor any other women).
Looks like any typical R&B & Hip-Hop music videos then... :lol:
User avatar
abi
Legend
 
Posts: 33347
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007
Location: Planet Earth

Postby GetBack » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:02 am

Miel wrote:Hi Everyone it's a long shot but...
I am looking for a Hiphop/R&B song i think it's (earlier) 00's maybe even late 90's. d
It was sung by (i think a collab of) black men. in the clip there were flashes of a woman with dark , long hair, wearing a loose black dress with a low back tough the woman wasn't singing, (nor any other women). It was a rather popular song/ singer but i couldn't track it down using playlists on youtube or anything.
Are they rappers or singers? Maybe it's a male vocal group?
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 30801
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby MO_FAN95 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:50 am

Miel wrote:Hi Everyone it's a long shot but...
I am looking for a Hiphop/R&B song i think it's (earlier) 00's maybe even late 90's. d
It was sung by (i think a collab of) black men. in the clip there were flashes of a woman with dark , long hair, wearing a loose black dress with a low back tough the woman wasn't singing, (nor any other women). It was a rather popular song/ singer but i couldn't track it down using playlists on youtube or anything.
Can you be liiiiiiil more specific :lol:
User avatar
MO_FAN95
Manager
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011

Postby bluecherry » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:56 pm

notadj wrote:Hi all

There’s a 90s/early 2000s rnb song, the chorus goes something like “how can we remain just good friends, what I feel is much more than just friends “

Anyone know it?
Mario - Just a Friend ?
♡ i bloom just for you ♡

User avatar
bluecherry
Manager
 
Posts: 4519
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016

Return to R&B & Urban