Album of the Decade - WINNER revealed!

Moderators: urbanmusik, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Plym » Sat May 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Coming Soon...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

...our biggest ever countdown.
Last edited by Plym on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 39 times in total.
Plym
Take Care

Postby Plym » Sat May 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Plym
Take Care

Postby Plym » Tue May 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Well, we did one for 2007, continued it in '08 and scored a hat-trick last year by counting down the year's favourite R&B/HipHop albums but this time we're expanding by trying to find the forum's collective favourite Soul/R&B/Hip-Hop Album of the Noughties!

An IMPOSSIBLE task, you say? Well, let's take our time and deliberate. There is NO rush here.
Read over the small print below, open iTunes and get your ears listening to all the albums that were released in the last 10m years.

The objective is simple:
Listen to your favourite albums of the DECADE again and rank them in order of how you like them. You can submit upto 25 albums. This doesn't mean you have to, you can submit only 5 if you wish, but 25 maximum.
Submitting 25 will get your #1 album 25 points, #2 24 points and so on.
If you don't want to submit 25 albums, thats fine.
If you submitted 7 (for example) then your #1 would only be worth 7 points.
I know that there is going to be debate on how many we can vote for and this might seem small but I'm expecting lots of voters and if we make it 50 albums then that doesn't leave much in the way of competition as a few albums might have 50 x 10 votes from a group of stans. I think 25 is fair. You will just have to narrow it down. I know its hard!

Voting has now been officially opened.
There is no closing date and I want you all to really think about your lists.

Do not post your votes in this thread PM them to me. You can comment in here if you wish.

FAQ's

What is this countdown?
It's the Soul/R&B/Hip-Hop forums giant Album of the Decade countdown! Members vote for their fave records of the noughties and we count them down till #1.

Can I nominate an album that isn't mentioned in the above post?
Yes, any album that is related to Soul/R&B/Hiphop can be nominated.
The above albums are just some of the most talked about albums released last decade and are examples of what to vote for.

Can I vote for Good Girl Gone Bad, Good Girl Gone Bad Deluxe, Good Girl Gone Bad Reloaded and Good Girl Gone Bad karaoke Deluxe?
No. Only ONE version of each album is eligible to vote. If someone votes for the first edition of Beyoncé's B'Day, it will get added to the votes of the Deluxe vesion.

What are the rules for Greatest Hits, Live editions & Compilations?
Best Of and Greatest Hits are eligible so long as they were specifically released last decade.
Compilations (example: R&B Love Songs Vol 7) are not though. This is an artist based chart.
I don't really want to encourage Live albums either. Let's stick to studio albums.

When will voting open?
You can start voting now! Just PM me.

When will the chart be counted down?
No specific date set yet. I'm thinking maybe July, maybe even August.

You can only vote if your join date was in April 2010 or earlier I'm afraid. We don't want duplicate accounts to help your fave.

Also, there is an important rule for stans.
Your vote will be disqualified if you are known to be deliberately cheating and making your fave artist number 1 by putting all their albums in your Top 5 and then putting random rubbish for the rest to pad it out so your fave gets all the points.
I will only accept serious votes from serious R&B/Hip-Hop fans.

Voting now open!

Voting list:
Dru4life
IAmWill
firefairyangel
nickf1
Loose
Asfoster87
DRiX1192
Mooriah
gaz_uk
argentino78
therealestMC
Oo567oO
Swingin
JSparksFan
biscuits
mattsky
crazycool
sambo9
sparkle80
Dennis2910
Plym
BLover
BanZai
abi
Ska8er
hugom2c
UKMusicLova
Tripped
AyumiH
Loveguru
matthew_dixon
RaFanatic
Thombus
preyan
bee4ever
tada
MrFreddyGhost
volver
nas4life123
cristy
xtofer
topopMAC1
urbanmusik
Last edited by Plym on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Plym
Take Care

Postby Dru4life » Wed May 19, 2010 2:13 pm

I was early but, I'm Done. :)
"I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know I’m going under..."
Dru4life
Superstar

Postby IAmWill » Wed May 19, 2010 6:50 pm

I find these lists confusing LOL, simply because some albums that are classed as R&B, in my opinion, shouldn't be. So ive decided if its not in the Soul/R&B/Hip-Hop section on UKMix then its not R&B :lol:
Im doing my list now!
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby firefairyangel » Wed May 19, 2010 8:58 pm

That was tough. I have a feeling many of the ones I ranked (even ranked high) will not even make the list. Some of the best albums in the past decade went so unnoticed.
firefairyangel
Manager

Postby Dru4life » Wed May 19, 2010 9:05 pm

I tried to cast back over the past ten years! It was hard! I think most of mine are from 2000-2008 so I kept it consistent :)

Dru4life
Superstar

Postby Loveguru » Thu May 20, 2010 2:38 am

Yea I feel you.

Jt is NOT really R'n'b. Well Last Album hmm idk
Loveguru
Legend

Postby gaz_uk » Thu May 20, 2010 6:46 am

Will definitely vote in this once I've got my list sorted. My opinions of certain albums have changed loads over the last couple of years, so I'll have to take some time to think this over.
"I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby Plym » Thu May 20, 2010 8:51 am

Loveguru wrote:Jt is NOT really R'n'b.
Except he is.
Plym
Take Care

Postby Swingin » Thu May 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Great idea!

I've just about sorted my top 25, now I just have to rank them in order! Lots of listening in order!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Swingin
Roadie

Postby firefairyangel » Thu May 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Swingin wrote:Great idea!

I've just about sorted my top 25, now I just have to rank them in order! Lots of listening in order!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Glad you posted Tweet, Tamia and Teedra. I was hoping others wouldn't forget them.
firefairyangel
Manager

Postby Dru4life » Thu May 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Here's some of the albums I included in my top 25 Albums of the decade:

ImageImageImageImage

Dru4life
Superstar

Postby Ska8er » Fri May 21, 2010 10:43 am

Great idea, although most of my lists will be from recent albums since i only really got into music from 2005 onwards!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Ivica » Fri May 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Voted, some of the albums from the list:

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Ivica
Legend

Postby Guru » Fri May 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Can I vote for Good Girl Gone Bad, Good Girl Gone Bad Deluxe, Good Girl Gone Bad Reloaded and Good Girl Gone Bad karaoke Deluxe?
No. Only ONE version of each album is eligible to vote. If someone votes for the first edition of Beyoncé's B'Day, it will get added to the votes of the Deluxe vesion.
Please! Don't do this to me :lol:
The Karaoke part was just classic!!!
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Fri May 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Plymy, what if we vote for albums that we think is highly urban influenced? Like Britney's In The Zone!? Will those be accepted?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Plym » Fri May 21, 2010 7:36 pm

No, Britney Spears will not be accepted.
Plym
Take Care

Postby Guru » Fri May 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Plym wrote:No, Britney Spears will not be accepted.
Is ir because she's not black!? :lol:
Kiddin'
Thanks boo!
Guru
Guru

Postby crazycool » Fri May 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Quick question, is Madonna's Hard Candy eligible? I'd probably vote for that album but not sure if it'll be included because she's Madonna...
crazycool
Legend

Postby Plym » Fri May 21, 2010 9:44 pm

I'd be inclined to say no but if you guys really want to vote In the Zone and Hard Candy into an R&B/Hip-Hop album countdown and feel strongly about putting them there then I guess I'll accept the votes.

I won't accept Britney and Madonna stans taking this as a chance to get them to #1 though.
Plym
Take Care

Postby crazycool » Fri May 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Plym wrote:I'd be inclined to say no but if you guys really want to vote In the Zone and Hard Candy into an R&B/Hip-Hop album countdown and feel strongly about putting them there then I guess I'll accept the votes.

I won't accept Britney and Madonna stans taking this as a chance to get them to #1 though.
To be honest, I'm not that bothered either way! I won't be kicking up a fuss if it's included or not! :lol:
But I agree, as much as I ADORE Britney, none of her albums qualify to be in an R&B/Hip-Hop album countdown, whereas I guess Madonna's album is more "acceptable" considering that album was intended for the urban audiences.
crazycool
Legend

Postby Dru4life » Fri May 21, 2010 10:13 pm

crazycool wrote:
Plym wrote:I'd be inclined to say no but if you guys really want to vote In the Zone and Hard Candy into an R&B/Hip-Hop album countdown and feel strongly about putting them there then I guess I'll accept the votes.

To be honest, I'm not that bothered either way! I won't be kicking up a fuss if it's included or not! :lol:
But I agree, as much as I ADORE Britney, none of her albums qualify to be in an R&B/Hip-Hop album countdown, whereas I guess Madonna's album is more "acceptable" considering that album was intended for the urban audiences.
Madonna Hew? I don't class her as R&B well Hard Candy but apart from that... No...

Dru4life
Superstar

Postby Plym » Fri May 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Yeah, I'd agree that out of all the Madonna/Britney albums, Hard Candy is the one that is nearest to this genre so I'll accept votes that then! :D
Plym
Take Care

Postby aintnootherfan » Fri May 21, 2010 10:19 pm

is xtinas stripped allowed coz that had some rnb type songs on it :)
The Voice!
aintnootherfan
Personal Assistant

Return to R&B & Urban