Janet Jackson - Number Ones World Tour 2011-12

Moderators: urbanmusik, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby robbyds » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:09 am

GET READY BRAZIL!!!!

http://www.t4f.com.br/agenda?task=3&cid=284

Translated:

Janet Jackson, sister of the eternal King of Pop, Michael Jackson, come to Brazil to show only the Credicard Hall in São Paulo. The singer, famous for its blend of rhythms in their songs not featured in the country since 1995, when he shows in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. The last time Janet was in Brazil was in 2001 to promote the album All For You, which brings together several of his most notable hits like All For You, Does not Really Matter Someone to Call My Lover.

With completion of TIME FOR FUN, the show of the tour Number Ones - Up Close and Personal brings together all the hits that topped the national charts and international for almost 30 years of career and promises to repeat the success of his performance in the country when brought together more than 30 000 people at the Morumbi stadium.

Customers Credicard card, Citibank and Diners Club have exclusive pre-sale and can purchase tickets between 01 November and 7 November 2011. The general public relies on ticket sales from November 8.

JANET JACKSON - Credicard Hall
Achievement: TIME FOR FUN
Location: Credicard Hall - United Nations Avenue, 17955 - Santo Amaro
Site: www.t4f.com.br
Telephones for information: 4003-6464
Sale to groups: (11) 2846-6166 / 6232
Presentation single day December 9, 2011
Show time: 22h
Show Duration: about 1:30 a.m.
Age rating: not allowed to enter under the age of 12 years.12 years and 13 years allowed entry (accompanied by parents or legal guardians). 14 years on, allowed to enter (unaccompanied).
Capacity: 4148 places
Open house: 1:30 a.m. before the show
Co-Sponsor: Citibank / Honda Cars / Budweiser
Support: Samsung
Official Insurance: Allianz
Parking: Outsourced: $ 30.00
Access for disabled
Air conditioning

TICKET PRICES *
BOXES I SECTOR $ 500.00 (NORMAL) $ 250.00 (½ IN)
BOXES II SECTOR $ 400.00 (NORMAL) $ 200.00 (½ IN)
I ARMCHAIRS SECTOR £ 350.00 (NORMAL) $ 175.00 (½ IN)
ARMCHAIRS SECTOR II $ 300.00 (NORMAL) $ 150.00 (½ IN)
TRACK U.S. $ 250.00 (NORMAL) $ 125.00 (½ IN)
I AUDIENCE SUPERIOR $ 160.00 (NORMAL) $ 80.00 (½ IN)
The upper plateau II £ 140.00 (NORMAL) $ 70.00 (½ IN)
The upper plateau III $ 120.00 (NORMAL) $ 60.00 (½ IN)
The upper plateau (PARTIAL VIEW) R $ 78.00 (NORMAL) R $ 39.00 (½ IN)

* Configuration "Mixed"

- Half-entry: must present the document required by law to prove the condition of the beneficiary.
- Customers Credicard card, Citibank and Diners Club have exclusive pre-sale and can purchase tickets between 01 November and 7 November 2011.
- The general public relies on ticket sales from November 8.
- Customers Credicard card, Citibank and Diners who make internet purchase up to 72 hours before the event will be free of delivery charge.
- Customers of all MasterCard credit cards may choose to SHOWPASS MasterCard technology, which turns the card entry. More information at: www.mastercardshowpass.com.br

BOX OFFICE OFFICIAL - NO CONVENIENCE FEE
Credicard Hall - daily from 12h to 20h - United Nations Avenue, 17955 - Santo Amaro

LOCAL SALE - WITH CONVENIENCE FEE
Outlets in the link: premier.ticketsforfun.com.br / content / outlets / agency.aspx
Tickets For Fun Center: by phone, home delivery rates (convenience and delivery) - 4003-5588 (valid for the whole country), from 9h to 21h - Monday to Saturday. Through the Internet: www.ticketsforfun.com.br (home delivery - convenience charges and delivery) Payment: Cash, credit cards, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diners and Visa Electron Debit Cards and Network Shop.
robbyds
Manager

Postby RichyRich » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:35 am

I forgot this thing is still going :o I can't wait til this and the trial is all over. I want new music.
Azealia Banks is the future!
RIP Whitney!
RichyRich
Manager

Postby Frederic » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:37 am

I'm still gutted she ignored the Benelux but still visited Monaco (:roll:) twice!
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby biscuits » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:00 pm

RichyRich wrote:I forgot this thing is still going :o I can't wait til this and the trial is all over. I want new music.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Noahh » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Frederic wrote:I'm still gutted she ignored the Benelux but still visited Monaco (:roll:) twice!
I know right?! I'm not a huge Janet fan but I would've loved to see her live :)
Noahh
Legend

Postby ColbyCo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:38 pm

São Paulo, Brazil date postponed, new film role in the works:

Janet Jackson and TIME FOR FUN have agreed to postpone the show that would have happened at Credicard Hall, Dec 9th, to a mutually agreeable time.

The decision was made due to a film role that conflicts with her touring schedule.

Janet Jackson regrets disappointing her Brazilian fans and looks forward to performing in Brazil in a near future.

Source: http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/ ... ear-future

I've also heard that this tour is due to officially end in February, 2012.
ColbyCo
Roadie

Postby ColbyCo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:04 am

Janet Jackson's Concert at the Sydney Opera House tonight Sunday 6th November Cancelled

It is with regret that Dainty Group announces that tonight's Janet Jackson Number Ones: Up Close and Personal concert, at the Sydney Opera House, cannot proceed.

Doctors have ordered Miss Jackson to undertake vocal rest for the next 2 days, so she can complete the 3rd and final show of her Australian tour, this Tuesday night at the Sydney Opera House.

Unfortunately, there will not be a replacement concert scheduled, so all patrons will receive a full refund at the Sydney Opera House Box office tonight or from the point of purchase.

Source: http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/ ... -cancelled
ColbyCo
Roadie

Postby denise » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 am

^^^ Poor Australian fan...
There's only one Queen
and that's MADONNA.
denise
Legend

Postby biscuits » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Vocal rest? She doesn't even sing half the time :roll:
biscuits
The Diva

Postby robbyds » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:59 am

at the very least, the 3rd and final Sydney show will push through tonight. Gil just tweeted and the venue also confirmed that the show is pushing through as planned. and oh..the show is also sold out. a pity, she wasn't able to do the second show. that show too sold out.
robbyds
Manager

Postby ColbyCo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:09 pm

robbyds wrote:at the very least, the 3rd and final Sydney show will push through tonight. Gil just tweeted and the venue also confirmed that the show is pushing through as planned. and oh..the show is also sold out. a pity, she wasn't able to do the second show. that show too sold out.
Yes, the 3rd and final Sydney show went on as planned. As the Melbourne dates were rescheduled, I think the only reason the 2nd Sydney date could not be rescheduled is because Janet is headed to South Africa this week with the tour. Had she been in Oz for another week, I believe the 2nd Sydney show would have been rescheduled.
ColbyCo
Roadie

Postby robbyds » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:12 am

ColbyCo wrote:
robbyds wrote:at the very least, the 3rd and final Sydney show will push through tonight. Gil just tweeted and the venue also confirmed that the show is pushing through as planned. and oh..the show is also sold out. a pity, she wasn't able to do the second show. that show too sold out.
Yes, the 3rd and final Sydney show went on as planned. As the Melbourne dates were rescheduled, I think the only reason the 2nd Sydney date could not be rescheduled is because Janet is headed to South Africa this week with the tour. Had she been in Oz for another week, I believe the 2nd Sydney show would have been rescheduled.
agreed.

anyway, below are boxscores for the Melbourne show which also got rescheduled:

Melbourne
Rod Laver Arena
$759,990
4,130 / 5,405 (76%)

rescheduling did quite some damage on her attendance. I remember checking ticketmaster and seeing less than 100 tickets left for all 3 shows combined days before the first show was suppssed to start.
robbyds
Manager

Postby ColbyCo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:38 am

Was just having a look her Number Ones Tour page on wiki and the São Paulo, Brazil dates are listed as 27th & 28th January, 2012 along with a Santiago, Chile date of 3rd February, 2012. They are currently listed under all the official dates announced. No official announcement yet, but who knows, could be true.
ColbyCo
Roadie

Postby freexone1 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:20 pm

There are so many memorable moments from this tour that have surely been captured on camera or video. At the end of the tour, I cant wait to see (hopefully) youtube footage of the compiled best moments. It will be great.
I love this video, from my concert. There is so much love in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME0sVRwj ... re=related
freexone1
Roadie

Postby robbyds » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:52 am

another sell out :)

Verizon Theatre, Grand Prairie, Texas
April 3, 2011
$445,278
6,087 / 6,087 (100%)
robbyds
Manager

Postby freexone1 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:40 am

Janet Jackson Concert Breaks Box Office Record at the Straz Center!

The $330,717 gross of the Sunday, Dec. 4, concert by international superstar Janet Jackson smashed the Straz Center’s long-standing record for gross of a single performance. A concert capacity crowd of 2,548 was on hand in Carol Morsani Hall for Jackson’s Number Ones, Up Close and Personal World Tour. Jackson gave the ecstatic audience two encores that capped an evening of greatest hits that included “The Pleasure Principle,” “Control,” “Nasty,” “Escapade” and “Rhythm Nation.

The persons record she broke was Mariah :D
freexone1
Roadie

Postby MJH » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:20 pm

When are we going to be getting a new album? :(
MJH
Manager

Postby biscuits » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:08 am

Janet just finished the US leg of the tour and is now taking a break to work on new projects. A movie is in the works and she is supposed to be producing a movie too. Hopefully after that, she'll start work on a new album.

I think we might not get an album until Spring 2013. :(
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Titan3510 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:26 am

MJH wrote:When are we going to be getting a new album? :(
I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
--Katy Perry
Titan3510
Superstar

Postby freexone1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:36 pm

I am pretty confident we will get a new album for 2012.
I believe new music has been in the works for actually quite some time. We know she has been writing.
Moreover, if she is clever, these movie projects would help push new music, due to more exposure.
freexone1
Roadie

Postby MrDiva » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 am

Can someone PM me the names of a few good Janet songs? I'm interested in her but I only know "Together Again", "Feedback" "Got Til It's Gone" and "Escapade"...
Which is the best Janet album?
Is new music planned?
MrDiva
Legend

Postby MO_FAN95 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:30 pm

MrDiva wrote:Can someone PM me the names of a few good Janet songs? I'm interested in her but I only know "Together Again", "Feedback" "Got Til It's Gone" and "Escapade"...
Is new music planned?
!!!!!!!!!
MO_FAN95
Manager

Postby GetBack » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:58 pm

MrDiva wrote:Can someone PM me the names of a few good Janet songs? I'm interested in her but I only know "Together Again", "Feedback" "Got Til It's Gone" and "Escapade"...
Is new music planned?
You might want to check out the All for You album first. It's one my faves, as well as Damita Jo and The Velvet Rope. :D :D

Some of her best include "All Nite (Don't Stop)", "All for You", "Someone to Call My Lover", "Doesn't Really Matter", "Again", "That's the Way Love Goes", "I Get Lonely", "If", "Go Deep" and "Whoops Now". 8-) 8-)
GetBack
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:03 am

GetBack wrote:
Is new music planned?
You might want to check out the All for You album first. It's one my faves, as well as Damita Jo and The Velvet Rope. :D :D

Some of her best include "All Nite (Don't Stop)", "All for You", "Someone to Call My Lover", "Doesn't Really Matter", "Again", "That's the Way Love Goes", "I Get Lonely", "If", "Go Deep" and "Whoops Now". 8-) 8-)
Thank you so much! I started with discipline 4 days ago. Such an underrated album! Feedback, rock with u and 2nite are great rnb dance tracks... But there are also good ballads. But i think her voice isnt strong enough for many ballads...
Dont get me wrong i love the most songs i heard in the last few days... But sometimes she just doesnt sing... She breathes words u know?
MrDiva
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:09 am

'Discipline' is the worst. I recommend 'All For You' first
biscuits
The Diva

Return to R&B & Urban