Since a few others have decided to kick off their countdowns, I figure its safe to start doing mine. I'll be starting it sometime next week (when I get the chance to do something), but for now, you've just gotta make guesses as to what my #1 for 2007 is.
Just like last year, I've included songs that are no more than 6 months old by the time I start charting them (you'll see a few older ones from last year in there and in the top 10). Again this year I'll be providing YouTube links to all the Aussie and Kiwi songs that people don't (or won't) know, just so you can hear the best of what's come out of the Antipodes this year.
Now for the recaps from previous years - I'm stealing Martay's idea (sorry dude) and seeing how I'd change my top 10's from previous years.
1. Ms Dynamite - It Takes More/Shakira - Objection (Tango)
3. Sugababes - Stronger
4. Alicia Keys - A Woman's Worth
5. Five For Fighting - Superman (It's Not Easy)
6. Coldplay - The Scientist
7. Silverchair - The Greatest View
8. Shakaya - Cinderella
9. Shakira - Underneath Your Clothes
10. Motor Ace - Carry On
There's heaps of things I'd change about this chart - 1/2 of my top 10 wouldn't be there now! Silverchair would go up to #1 probably (I still love that tune), Shakaya/Shakira/Ms Dynamite would all go out, as would Sugababes (they've had better since). John Mayer's No Such Thing would be in the top 10, along with Coldplay's In My Place and any other song that I've heard from 2002 since that I think would deserve a place in the top 10.
1. Candice Alley - Falling
2. Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
3. Linkin Park - Numb
4. John Mayer - Bigger Than My Body
5. Jason Mraz - The Remedy (I Won't Worry)
6. Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong
7. Siobhan Donaghy - Twist Of Fate
8. Kelly Clarkson - Miss Independent
9. Amiel - Lovesong
10. Delta Goodrem - Lost Without You
John Mayer would go to #1, Candice would go to #2, Jason up to #3. Both Linkin Park tunes would go out, as would Evanescence & Delta. They'd be replaced by Nesian Mystik's It's On, The Donnas' Take It Off and probably Powderfinger's (Baby I Got You) On My Mind. Siobhan Donaghy, Kelly Clarkson and Amiel would maybe fall out as well, but I still like those 3 tunes today.
1. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
2. John Mayer - Clarity
3. Brooke Fraser - Arithmetic
4. Brooke Fraser - Lifeline
5. Snow Patrol - Spitting Games
6. Daniel Merriweather - She's Got Me
7. John Mayer - Daughters
8. Incubus - Megalomaniac
9. Alex Lloyd - Beautiful
10. Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme
FF are staying at the top for sure. I'd prolly switch Clarity and Daughters around. Both Brooke tunes would stay where they are, Snow Patrol/Incubus/Shapeshifters/Alex Lloyd would all leave the top 10 and the other Brooke tune I charted (Saving The World) would probably go into the top 10.
1. Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone
2. KT Tunstall - Black Horse & The Cherry Tree
3. Thirsty Merc - Someday Someday
4. Bernard Fanning - Wish You Well
5. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
6. Garbage - Why Do You Love Me
7. Paris Avenue feat Robin One - I Want You
8. Ben Lee - Catch My Disease
9. Mylo vs Miami Sound Machine - Dr Pressure
10. Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child
I'd put KT at #1 - it would be Suddenly I See instead. Thirsty Merc would be a bit lower, Ben Lee would be higher, Garbage would be out of the top 10. I'd put another Rogues tune in there (Way To Go) and put Paris Avenue a bit lower.
1. Fat Freddy's Drop - Wandering Eye
2. Josh Pyke - Private Education
3. Sugababes - Red Dress
4. Josh Pyke - Middle Of The Hill
5. Madonna - Jump
6. Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
7. Brooke Fraser - Deciphering Me
8. Justin Timberlake - My Love
9. The Butterfly Effect - Gone
10. Arctic Monkeys - I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor
If I'd had more time, Brooke probably would've been my #1 song of last year and I think she'd be in the top 5 if I were to do it again. I still like both Josh tunes, but I'd prolly take maybe Madonna or SS out and put Josh's other tune Memories & Dust in the top 10. JT would be out and Sneaky Sound System's I Love It would be in there.
So there we go, have fun reading my old charts and seeing how my musical tastes have developed over the last 5 years! Oh and don't forget to vote! I know some people are going to hate parts of my top 10 *cough*Romain*cough*Misha*cough*Marius*cough*