Bryan's top 100 artists: 1999-present

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:11 am

I decided to jump on the bandwagon :P and do a countdown of my top artists! This list spans 1999-2003, as I determined it on performance on my personal chart. So let's get right into it! :D

#100 Chantal Kreviazuk
The first of many Canadian acts to make this list, it's the Winnipeg-based singer/piano player whose songs include "Leaving On A Jet Plane", "Before You", "Feels Like Home", "In This Life", and "Time".

#99 Samantha Mumba
One of Ireland's most famous teen pop/R&B singers in recent years, I've enjoyed her songs such as "Gotta Tell Ya", "Baby Come Over", and "I'm Right Here".

#98 T.A.T.U.
Despite only having 2 songs released to date, the Russian lesbians still managed to make the lower end of the top 100. "All The Things She Said" is one of my favourite songs of the year so far, and I like "Not Gonna Get Us" too.

#97 All Saints
One of the UK's most successful girl groups of the late 90's, and they're not the Spice Girls! Yeah, All Saints made a mark on this list, with their songs such as "I Know Where It's At", "Never Ever", and "Pure Shores".

#96 Len
The second Canadian act to make this list, the group led by a brother-and-sister combo had the summer smash from 1999, "Steal My Sunshine", as well as "Cryptik Souls Crew" and "Kids In America".
Last edited by FreakyFlyBry on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby matthew_dixon » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:17 am

Yay for all 5 of those - especially the THREE Canadian or part Canadian acts on your list (you forgot that Nicole and Natalie Appleton are from Canada) Len's "Cryptik Souls Crew" was quality, and you have to admire Chantal Kreviazuk for name alone - her only chart appearance over here was thanks to Armageddon, and even that flopped badly.q
matthew_dixon
Site Editor

Postby San » Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:11 am

TATU?? :lol: they are kinda new, oh I luv Len btw, great album You Can't Stop The Bum Rush btw 8-) .
San
Manager

Postby king_oxymoron » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:26 am

Woo particularly for Samantha Mumba!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Terence » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:42 am

8-) All Saints!

One of the best bands EVER!
Terence
Euro-trash Freak

Postby martinp » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:46 am

Yay for TATU, Sam Mumba and All Saints!
martinp
Legend

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:53 pm

Continuing on...

#95 Dido
I first heard her on Eminem's "Stan". This led to me discovering some of her other songs, such as "Here With Me", "Hunter", and the song that was sampled there, "Thank You".

#94 Amanda Marshall
Yet another Canadian in the list, this big-haired lady has had songs such as "Birmingham", "Fall From Grace", "Everybody's Got A Story", and "Sunday Morning After".

#93 Kelly Clarkson
The winner of the first American Idol competition, I was impressed enough with her that I ended up getting her debut CD "Thankful". Highlights included the singles "A Moment Like This", "Before Your Love", and the current hit "Miss Independent".

#92 Dave Matthews Band
I've always found them a bit overrated... but that hasn't stopped me from liking enough of their songs to make this list, such as "Crash Into Me", "The Space Between", and "Where Are You Going".

#91 Dream
Sure, I've found their latest effort "Crazy" to be disappointment... but I liked "He Loves You Not" and "This Is Me" enough for them to make it. Didn't I mention that they're kinda cute?
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby Dazzle » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:44 pm

Wooo for Kelly Clarkson - my favourite album at the moment! :D
When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th
Dazzle
Legend

Postby Smiles » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:01 pm

Wahooo for Mrs Dido. She is an amazing singer.

Can I ask a question? Are you gonna do a pick for everyone on your chart coz thats gonna take forever and take up lots of room and take our oldie comps forever to load!
Smile though your heart is aching......
Smile even though its breaking!

It's not my fault!!!! My mouth has a mind of its own!!!!!!!!!
Smiles
Manager

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:53 am

Smiles wrote:Can I ask a question? Are you gonna do a pick for everyone on your chart coz thats gonna take forever and take up lots of room and take our oldie comps forever to load!
For the most part, I'll try using smaller pictures than I used for my top 100 of 2002... that took a long time to load up here! :oops:
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby king_oxymoron » Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:50 am

Woo for Dream! I'll try small pics too!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Muzikritik » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:17 pm

I like Len and Dido so far! Can't wait to see who's further up the list!
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:46 pm

#90 Marc Anthony
The first of many Latin superstars in here, I've enjoyed songs such as "I Need To Know", "You Sang To Me", and "I've Got You".

#89 Mary J. Blige
The queen of hip-hop soul has earned her place in this list, as "Family Affair" really got me bumpin', and I enjoyed songs such as "No More Drama" and "Love @ 1st Sight" as well.

#88 Fatboy Slim
One of the most successful club DJ's in recent years, he's put out an impressive musical output, in addition to remixing other songs, he's had his own hits such as "The Rockafeller Skank", "Praise You", and "Weapon of Choice".

#87 LFO
Both Matthew and Adam have admitted to liking this funky boyband, and I like them too. They have fun songs like the summer anthem "Summer Girls", as well as "Girl On TV" and my personal favourite "Every Other Time"

#86 Everclear
One of my favourite rock bands, I've enjoyed many of their songs, including "I Will Buy You A New Life", "Wonderful", and "A.M. Radio".
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby king_oxymoron » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:52 pm

I liked Marc Anthony's I've got you, and of course LFO :)
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Dazzle » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:54 pm

LFO are cool! 8-)
Shame they were never big in the UK.
'Girl on TV', 'Every other time' and 'Summer girls' are grrreat pop choons! :D

June 27th
Dazzle
Legend

Postby Tiger » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:28 pm

Ooo! Chantal! Weight Of The World is one of my favs right now :D
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby Muzikritik » Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:30 pm

Yay! Great to see Mary J in there, Bryan!
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:45 am

Continuing on...

#85 Macy Gray
I hated "I Try" when I first heard it... but after a while I ended up appreciating her unique, squeaky voice. Other favourites from her include "Why Didn't You Call Me" and "Sweet Baby".

#84 Faith Hill
I'm not really a country music fan... but Faith Hill's always had good music. I've liked her songs "This Kiss", "Breathe", "There You'll Be", and "Cry", among others.

#83 Cher
One of the most enduring performers of the past 40 years, from her days in Sonny and Cher, including their own TV show, and acting in several movies, to an impressive solo career that's included songs such as "If I Could Turn Back Time", "Believe", and "Strong Enough".

#82 Lou Bega
He'll always be remembered for the classic "Mambo No. 5", and his unique fashion sense with the stylish hats. The only question is... where is he now? :wink: One of the most memorable one-hit wonders in recent years, as his follow-ups didn't achieve the fame of "Mambo No. 5".

#81 BBMak
One of the most talented boybands to come out of the UK, I've always enjoyed their catchy pop tunes such as "Back Here", "Still On Your Side", and "Out Of My Heart".
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby turnip » Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:51 am

Great to see Mary J Blige, Macy Gray, Dido and Len in there! (although I can't say the same for Lou Bega- each ot their own :D )
It became scond nature,
So easy to see,
Myself as a reflection,
Of what you thought of me.
turnip
Personal Assistant

Postby Tiger » Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:31 am

Woooooooooo! Fantastic taste you got there Bry :D Faithy :D

I heard Lou's dead :lol:

My CHART
Tiger

Postby king_oxymoron » Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:56 am

"I Got A Girl" was fantastic by Lou Bega! Good to see Faith and BBMak. Not so keen on Macy, but still some great acts!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Dazzle » Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:57 pm

BBMak just missed out on my top 100 - I love their debut album - particularly 'Ghost of me and you' and 'Unpredictable' - but I really felt letdown by 'Out of my heart' and never heard the second album! :(

June 27th
Dazzle
Legend

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:35 pm

Time for the next set of artists! :D

#80 Nine Days
They broke through in 2000 with "Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)", which quickly became a favourite of mine. Later on, they had a few other memorable songs like "If I Am" and last year's "Good Friend".

#79 R. Kelly
Despite his recent legal troubles, he can still put out a great song when he wants us to hear it! Favourites include "I Believe I Can Fly", "I'm Your Angel", "The World's Greatest", and "Ignition".

#78 Kelly Rowland
The first of 3 solo artists whose groups are also represented (Destiny's Child is still to come), I've enjoyed songs such as "Stole", "Can't Nobody", and the song that helped her make this list, the collaboration with Nelly, "Dilemma".

#77 Counting Crows
I first heard of them way back in 1994 with the now-classic "Mr. Jones". Since then, their output has been quite impressive, with songs like "A Long December", "Hanginaround", and most recently "Big Yellow Taxi".

#76 Vanessa Carlton
Speaking of "Big Yellow Taxi", the featured artist on that track ends up 1 spot higher than her collaborators... yeah, one of 2002's most influential new artists shows up at #76. I've enjoyed a few of this young piano playing singer's songs, including "A Thousand Miles", "Ordinary Day", and "Pretty Baby".

We're done the first quarter of this chart... coming up, THE TOP 75! :D
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby Tiger » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:56 pm

Yay for VC! I really love Pretty Baby :D

My CHART
Tiger

Postby turnip » Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:59 am

Wow- Great stuff, Bry- Loving all of those last 5 acts!
It became scond nature,
So easy to see,
Myself as a reflection,
Of what you thought of me.
turnip
Personal Assistant

Return to Personal Charts