Carly's Hot Acts of the 2000s (#01 REVEALED)

Moderator: tdc2000

Postby jpguy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:33 am

saturdays are cool, nice artists
::: BTS - EXO - Blackpink - Utada - Ayumi - BoA :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby Spartan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:33 am

Loving Alesha, The Killers and Saturdays - all of whom would make my list (if I had a list :P ).
Spartan
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:31 pm

After a bit of a hiatus, it's time to restart this chart. And where better to start than the TOP 60!!! :P

060. Jessica Mauboy

Jessica Mauboy first caught people's attention as a contestant on Australian Idol. She became the runner up on that show, and then for a short stint joined the Australian dance girlgroup, Young Divas. She left the group to pursue a solo career. She had nearly finished her album, and luckily at a party she met American rapper, Flo Rida. The two decided to work together...creating "Running Back". From then on Jessica has become a huge star in her native Australia, and is hoping to hit it big worldwide soon! :)

Running Back (feat. Flo Rida)
Burn
Runnin'
Empty
To The Floor

059. The Pussycat Dolls

The Pussycat Dolls, formerly a burlesque group, broke out into the music industry in 2006 with the huge #1 single Don't Cha. With a series of hit singles later, The Pussycat Dolls are now one of the most successful girlgroups in the world. Criticized as a group with just one singer (that being Nicole Scherzinger), the band recently has been at the top of the entertainment news regarding tension rising between the groups members.

Buttons (feat. Snoop Dogg)
Painted Windows
Beep (feat. Will.I.Am)
I Hate This Part
Halo

058. Kelly Rowland

Kelly Rowland, former child of destiny, turned solo R&B singer, now turned dance singer...she is a brilliant artist who can dance, write music and has amazing vocals too. Kelly looked like she was going to be the real star out of Destiny's Child when her humongous single "Dilemma" with Nelly topped every chart that exists, and then she released a series of other successful singles + a number 1 album afterwards. Later she released Ms. Kelly which didn't garner as much success, but still gave her 2 top 5 singles. She's back on form with the dance classic "When Love Takes Over" which recently hit the #1 spot in the UK! The UK loves Kelly! :lol:

When Love Takes Over (with David Guetta)
Dilemma (with Nelly)
Work (Freemasons Remix)
Stole
Love

057. Taylor Swift

I first heard of Taylor Swift, when I saw her album in the top 3 of the US album chart for yonks and yonks, but I never bothered to check out her music for some dumb reason. But then the news that "Love Story" was being released in the UK reached me so I checked out the song, with its incredible video. Then I listened to "White Horse" and I was in love with this girls music! So I now have her album "Fearless" and her debut "Taylor Swift" and they are both brilliant!

Love Story
White Horse
Our Song
You Belong To Me
Forever and Always

056. Evanescence

I don't own an Evanescence album, but some of their singles rank high in my favourite singles of all time list! I think Amy Lee has an amazing voice, and I like the way that Evanescence create their rock songs that can appeal to pop fans as well, not just fans of rock. Their music is very epic! "My Immortal" is my favourite song! It's absolutely beautiful!

Bring Me To Life
My Immortal
Everybody's Fool
Call Me When You're Sober
Going Under
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Spartan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Good choices, especially PCD and Evanescence. Both have released some amazing songs.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Tiger » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:18 am

060. Jessica Mauboy
059. The Pussycat Dolls
058. Kelly Rowland
057. Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift! She is fantastic, there is no doubt she's the Shania Twain of the 00's with her quirky lyrics and success abroad.
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby UKMusicLova » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm so lazy. I keep coming to this then I back out last minute! :lol:
Not this time!

055. Ciara

Ciara Princess Harris burst into the music world back in 2004 with the mega crunk&B hit "Goodies" which topped the chart in both the US and UK. She followed that up with a couple more top 3 hits, making her a huge star. Her debut album "Goodies" sold millions of copies! She came back with her 2nd album, "The Evolution" which sadly didn't match the success that she achieved with her debut. Ciara returned to the top end of the charts with her Justin duet, "Love Sex Magic" but so far her third album "Fantasy Ride" has been a commercial flop. I've always liked Ciara right from her debut. I think she's one of the best entertainers in the music industry!

1, 2 Step (feat. Missy Elliott)
Promise
Get Up (feat. Chamillionaire)
Like A Boy
Takin Back My Love (with Enrique Iglesias)

054. Nelly

I've always been a Nelly fan, well not so much now, but when he was a bit more poppy and radio friendly. I always love how his songs were quite light R&B/pop and non of that "hard man" stuff that 50 Cent etc were churning out. He also collaborated with some of my favourite artists. I wish he would go back to his old style, but he's gone crap now! Shame! :(

Dilemma (feat. Kelly Rowland)
Hot In Herre
Tilt Ya Head Back (feat. Christina Aguilera)
Work It (feat. Justin Timberlake)
My Place

053. JoJo

JoJo, the teenage R&B/pop star who broke out into the scene at the young age of 13, with "Leave". I'm a huge fan of JoJo and I believe her 2nd album "The High Road" is one of the best albums of this decade! JoJo's vocals are way more mature than her age, and she definately can sing many of todays R&B singers under the ground! Great girl!

Leave (Get Out)
Too Little Too Late
Coming For You
Anything
Wrong Man For The Job

052. Cherish

Well I always thought that Cherish were going to be the big R&B group, but they never quite got there. Still they've released 2 absolutely brilliant albums, that has showcased brilliant vocals, harmonies and songs! Sadly the Cherish sisters are no longer recording music, with two of the sisters going off to form a duo that will be hoping to have more success than the quartet.

Killa (feat. Young Joc)
Unappreciated
Notice
Taken
Fool 4 You

051. Robbie Williams

Next up is the sexy Robbie Williams. Britain's very own king of pop! The man, that is Mr Robbie Williams...not to be confused with Robin Williams (I have on several occasions :oops: ). I really love a big chunk of Robbie's singles, so that is why he makes this good position of #51, just sadly missing out on the top 50!

Rock DJ
Kids (feat. Kylie Minogue)
Radio
Tripping
Rudebox
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Shorty » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:48 am

Wooooo for PCD, Ciara & JoJo.

Especially PCD though, they're fantastic 8-)
I've now met Dean Ambrose twice - March 28 2015 AND April 2 2016! Best days ever.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Spartan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:52 pm

LOVE Mr. Williams - he was my first ever crush. :oops:
Spartan
Legend

Postby Tiger » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:58 pm

055. Ciara
054. Nelly
053. JoJo
051. Robbie Williams

Echo your Nelly comments, and so do everyone else by his recent sales

My CHART
Tiger

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:03 pm

In the past few, woo for these:

070. Gwen Stefani
069. Christina Milian
068. Stacie Orrico
067. Snow Patrol
065. The Killers
064. Corinne Bailey Rae
062. The Saturdays
061. Kelis
059. The Pussycat Dolls
058. Kelly Rowland
057. Taylor Swift
056. Evanescence
054. Nelly
053. JoJo
051. Robbie Williams
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby abi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:48 am

i'm so agree with your opinion about Nelly. Dilemma <3 <3 <3

And Jojo, she's so cute! Too Little Too Late is just amazing!
abi
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Thanks for the comments guys!
OK! I honestly need to speed this up a bit...

050. U2

049. Madonna

048. Monica

047. Dido

046. Toni Braxton

045. Coldplay

044. Delta Goodrem

043. Kylie Minogue

042. Brandy

041. Missy Elliott

Sorry for the lack of comments and links guys, but I am a bit stretched for time...with all my school stuff and such. Hopefully I'll continue with proper updates next time. :)
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Coldplay, Kylie and Dido are amazing.

Delta Goodrem is one of my favourite ever artists ... so much beauty in her voice. Great countdown. :wink:
Spartan
Legend

Postby Tiger » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:04 am

049. Madonna
047. Dido
046. Toni Braxton
045. Coldplay
044. Delta Goodrem
043. Kylie Minogue
042. Brandy

Favourites of mine: Madonna, Dido and Delta Goodrem. Although I love all the rest as well, a fantastic batch

My CHART
Tiger

Postby UKMusicLova » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:18 am

Spartan wrote:Delta Goodrem is one of my favourite ever artists ... so much beauty in her voice. Great countdown. :wink:
I love Delta! I think her voice is absolutely stunning, and her music is so good too! I own "Innocent Eyes" and "Mistaken Identity". I've never come around to listening to the "Delta" album, but I reckon she would be even higher had I heard the album!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:48 pm

Thanks for the comments Pete and Maiaan! :D
Let's continue...

040. Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey, already before the millennium crowned as one of the highest selling female artists, didn't start the decade off with the huge album sales that we had seen her achieve in the 90s. "Glitter" and "Charmbracelet" were both commercial failures, but then Maz came back with a bang with the release of "Emancipation of Mimi", and created worldwide hits like "We Belong Together". Sadly I don't think Maz has created music that is anywhere near as good as her 90s stuff, hence her being relatively low on this countdown. She would've been top 10 had this been a 90s countdown. It's just been mediocre album after mediocre album this decade. :(

We Belong Together
Through The Rain
Shake It Off
Standing O
Side Effects

039. Maroon 5

Maroon 5 are a really brilliant funky pop rock band. I just really love a lot of their singles, and "Songs About Jane" is a fantastic album. I was first introduced to them by a friend who showed me "This Love" before the song was released, and I adored it. I bought the album after I had heard "She Will Be Loved" which was just as good, if not better than "This Love". Adam Levine is pretty hot too! :P

This Love
She Will Be Loved
If I Never See Your Face Again (with Rihanna)
Must Get Out
Sunday Morning

038. Janet Jackson

Again like Mariah, Miss Janet Jackson hasn't had a fraction of the success she experienced in the 90s. Still like Mariah, it hasn't stopped her from trying again and again, releasing good music for her fans! "Feedback" is imo her best song of the decade, and had all the makings of a #1 hit...I guess we'll never know why it never got there!

Feedback
Doesn't Really Matter
All For You
Son of a Gun (Feat. Missy Elliott)
Someone to Call my Lover

037. Amy Winehouse

Soul singer, Amy Winehouse first appeared onto the music scene in 2003 with the release of her debut album "Frank". The album didn't create much buzz, and underperformed. But Amy's fate changed in 2006 when she released her sophomore album "Back To Black" which went 8x platinum in the UK, and also propelled her debut album back up the charts, and that ended up at the 3x platinum mark. Amy is best known for her hits "Rehab", "Back To Black" and "Valerie". Sadly Amy's rather controversial private life has overshadowed her genuine talent greatly. It's a case of "talent given to the wrong person?"

Back To Black
Rehab
Tears Dry On Their Own
You Know I'm No Good
Stronger Than me

036. Shakira

Next up is one of the most beautiful women on the planet...the Columbian / Lebanese megastar that is Shakira. Shakira has been in the music industry for a long time, but mostly in the Spanish speaking markets. She broke out for the first time into the English world in 2001 with the brilliant "Laundry Service". What is amazing about that album is that Shakira couldn't speak a word of English back then, and she used a dictionary to translate her emotions. (A big awwwwwwwwwwwwwww) Now in 2009, Shakira is one of the biggest musicians in the pop world. What I love about Shakira is how she has mixed and mashed the South American influences with the Middle Eastern influences and then fused it all with pop music! She's a brilliant singer/songwriter!

Whenever, Wherever
Underneath Your Clothes
Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean)
Objection (Tango)
Dreams for Plans
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby abi » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Wow Shakira. Should be higher IMO. She looks so gorgeous in that pic :o
abi
Legend

Postby Spartan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Love Maroon 5 - good music, 'She Will Be Loved' is my favourite.
Spartan
Legend

Postby bee4ever » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:03 am

:D :D
I love Shakira and Janet. My favorite album by Janet would have to be 'The Velvet Rope'. Amazingly creative album...I just love it to death. I can never listen to it without listening to every single track...no fillers!
bee4ever
Manager

Postby Tiger » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:07 am

040. Mariah Carey
036. Shakira

Both very talented artists and agree about Mariah Carey

My CHART
Tiger

Postby UKMusicLova » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:45 pm

bee4ever wrote::D :D
I love Shakira and Janet. My favorite album by Janet would have to be 'The Velvet Rope'. Amazingly creative album...I just love it to death. I can never listen to it without listening to every single track...no fillers!
"The Velvet Rope" and "Rhythm Nation 1814" are my favourite Janet records. Both are incredibly good.
This decade...hmmm it's a toss up between "All For You" and "Discipline".
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Plym » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Damn, I've missed loads!! :o But 4 of the last five would definitely be in my Top 50 too!
Own all of Maz's albums and Emancipation and Memoirs are two of the albums of the decade for me!
LOVE both the Maroon 5 albums and have their b-sides!
Discipline is so underrated by Janet.
And Back to Black is a classic from Winehouse!
Plym
Take Care

Postby UKMusicLova » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:51 pm

Thanks for the comments Abi, Pete, Rohan, Maiaan and Plym! Much appreciated! :D

035. Robin Thicke

Robin Thicke, the owner of one of the nicest R&B voices enters the countdown at #35. I absolutely adore the soulfulness of Robin's voice, and the two albums I own from him, "The Evolution of Robin Thicke" and "Something Else", are both fantastic, filled with timeless material. He's also done some really nice collaborations, most notably with Faith Evans, and the sexy collaboration he did with Ashanti.

Got 2 Be Down (feat. Faith Evans)
Would That Make You Love Me
Lost Without U
Magic
Ms. Harmony

034. Britney Spears

At #34 is, the princess of pop, Britney Spears. Britney broke out into the music industry in the late 90s, with her mega successful debut album. But she's been equally successful this decade with the release of six albums, plus a greatest hits package. Britney may not have the strongest of voices, but when she's on the ball producing the hottest pop tunes, there ain't no stopping her!!! :D :lol:

Everytime
Piece Of Me
Toxic
Oops!...I Did It Again
I'm A Slave 4 U

033. Joss Stone

Next up is British soul songstress, Joss Stone. She broke out in 2003 with the incredible "Soul Sessions" album. This was a huge success for her as was her sophomore. She has built huge fanbases around the world, despite recently losing a few fans in the UK, for "skanking" us for her US audience. Still, Joss creates amazing, soulful music. She has an incredible voice...just another brilliant British singer! :D

You Had Me
Super Duper Love
Right To Be Wrong
Security
Bruised but not Broken

032. Nelly Furtado

Next up is a girl we all know and love, Nelly Furtado. Starting off as an acoustic pop singer, giving us hit albums like "Whoa Nelly", we all thought Nelly was a cutie. But then she unleashed her B.I.T.C.H. with the help of Timbaland on "Loose". We love Nelly for being mellow "I'm Like A Bird" and in your face "Maneater"! :P

I'm Like A Bird
Turn Off The Light
Maneater
Say It Right
Try

031. Solange

Some of you may be shocked to see that Solange is only at #31 in my countdown, but to be honest she has one phenomenal album, and one OK album. So I think #31 is fine. I'm sure if she continues making phenomenal albums (which I believe she will) she has what it takes to be one of my favourite singers of all time. I love Solange's voice, her style, her bitchy remarks...I just totally love her! Very underrated young girl! :(

I Decided (Part 2)
Sandcastle Disco
Would've Been The One
T.O.N.Y.
Cosmic Journey (feat. Bilal)
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby marat2408 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:20 pm

Solange at # 31, I just know that she is a sister of Beyonce. I have never heard Solange songs.
Nice t see Britney in among your 2000's acts, but she should be higher. :D So, my some favourites are still not appear - waiting.
marat2408
Superstar

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Been a while since I last replied, here's who I like:

050. U2
049. Madonna
048. Monica
047. Dido
046. Toni Braxton
045. Coldplay
044. Delta Goodrem
043. Kylie Minogue
042. Brandy
041. Missy Elliott
040. Mariah Carey (your comments on being mediocre this decade are spot on)
039. Maroon 5
038. Janet Jackson
037. Amy Winehouse
036. Shakira
035. Robin Thicke
034. Britney Spears
033. Joss Stone
032. Nelly Furtado

Not really a fan of Solange though, I feel she's kinda overrated on here. :P
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Return to Personal Charts