Oxy's Top 100 of 2003!

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Which of these do you expect will be my No.1 song?

Lisa Scott-Lee - Too Far Gone
80%
Stacie Orrico - Stuck
20%

Total votes : 10

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:37 pm

Helloo and welcome to yet another of those Top 100 songs of 2003 countdowns, this time by me, Adam/Oxy, so I guarantee you will spew and disagree with nearly every corner we turn.

The poll to vote for what you think my fave song is is a little different, as not all of the songs are in the top 10, so some of your guesses may be wildly wrong!

Anyway, on with Nos 100 - 91

#100 - Mariah and Busta - I Know What You Want

This was on the radio quite a bit and was easy to sing along to, and it just made my top 100!

#99 - Gareth Gates - Say It Isn't So

One of Gareths more minor hits but still a top 5 smash, Say It Isn't So is nice on the ear and earns a No.99 spot!

#98 - Britney Spears ft Madonna - Me Against The Music

When the two queens of pop teamed up, we expected alot, and it was good, but not great enough to go higher than 98!

#97 - Avril Lavigne - I'm With You

This slow track from Avril was my favourite of hers possibly, and earns a spot just inside the countdown!

#96 - Melanie C - yeh yeh yeh

The worse of a double A-Side single, Melanie C's yeh yeh yeh was still good enough to make the countdown and beat some pretty big hits!

#95 - Daniel Bedingfield - Friday

One of the more different of Daniels tracks, Friday was by far his lowest charter but still a wicked track from a great album!

#94 - Good Charlotte - Boys and Girls

Fun rockers GC came up with this wicked track which was instantly likeable - likeable enough for me to put it above one of my real favourite artists, Daniel.

#93 - Alex Parks - Maybe Thats What It Takes

Winner of the second Fame Academy, cornish hedgehog Alex released a wicked tune for her debut single, but has she beaten FA pal Alli?

#92 - Sheryl Crow - The First Cut Is The Deepest

Sheryls only release this year was the gorgeous First Cut, a cover, but a great one.

#91 - S Club - Say Goodbye

S Club's swansong was an emotional affair with this powerful ballad, but have we said goodbye to S Club in this chart?

Thats all for now!
Last edited by king_oxymoron on Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:58 pm

For your #1 of the year... it was either one of the Lisa songs or D-Side... and I decided that "Lately" was probably the most logical choice, so I went with it.

Woo for Busta and Mariah, Britney and Madonna, Avril, Good Charlotte, Alex, Sheryl, and S Club!
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby Terence » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:29 am

Woo for:

#100 - Mariah and Busta - I Know What You Want
#99 - Gareth Gates - Say It Isn't So
#98 - Britney Spears ft Madonna - Me Against The Music
#97 - Avril Lavigne - I'm With You

The most!

Yes, Gareth's song is outstanding! :o
Terence
Euro-trash Freak

Postby Cypher » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:41 am

FreakyFlyBry wrote:For your #1 of the year... it was either one of the Lisa songs or D-Side... and I decided that "Lately" was probably the most logical choice, so I went with it.
Yeah, I voted for 'Lately' too!

Being an unapologetic fan of uncomplicated pop myself, I have a feeling I might enjoy this chart!

Regards,

Cypher
Cypher
Superstar

Postby Tiger » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:06 am

Yay for Gareth,Avril and S Club. I miss S Club :(
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby McDreams » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:45 am

Wooo for Mariah, Avril, Sheryl and errr... S Club :oops: I loved that song :(
Can't make decisions, I could use some more distractions today..
McDreams
Manager

Postby matthew_dixon » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:47 am

Y'know - I think all these voters for "Lately" are actually mistaken.

If I'm not wrong, you actually prefer "Too Far Gone" to "Lately" so I went for that. ;-)

Oh, and whilst I'm here - big up to Avril Lavigne and Alex Parks 8-)
matthew_dixon
Site Editor

Postby martinp » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:43 pm

Woo for Britney, Avril and Good Charlotte!
martinp
Legend

Postby Tiger » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:51 pm

Too Far Gone I think

My CHART
Tiger

Postby Virgostar » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:08 am

Just to be different, I know you like Stacie Orrico as well, so I'll vote for her instead of LSL!

Anyway....boo for Britney and S Club! :P
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby king_oxymoron » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:47 pm

I'm not saying a word! Here goes the next lot!

90. Westlife – Mandy
At No.90 it's 5 Irish lads who sing ballads - but not the ones I like the most! It's Westlife with their latest No.1 smash hit, Mandy (which incidentally I hated before loving)

89. Kym Marsh – Come On Over
The first entry for Kym (there's at least one more to go) and its for her second single, Come On Over. This was her middle release and her middle charting single, but will it be middle song of hers for me?

88. Mya – My Love Is Like Wo
At 88 its the unfortunate flop from Mya's Moodring album. My Love Is Like Wo was an instant standout track and the tap dancing in the video is amazing. A sweet voice, and a great song!

87. B2K – Girlfriend
B2K make their only appearance in my chart with Girlfriend, their latest release (I think) and the only one of theirs I have really liked. It has some brilliant remixes too, and just beats Mya!

86. Amy Studt – Under The Thumb
At 86 its Amy the Sludt with her most recent single, and another top 10 hit. It's not often peoples favourite Amy track - but is it mine?

85. Westlife – Hey Whatever
It's the second appearance in my top 100 for Westlife, and they've all been quite low. Hey Whatever was different for the boys and I loved it! Will any other Westlife songs do them any more justice?

84. Beyonce – Crazy In Love
One of the biggest hits this year, Beyonce's Crazy In Love is at 84 - some may expect it to be higher, but I much prefer Work It Out. That said, it is a great tune, perfect for parties, it just got a little overplayed!

83. Shania Twain – Thank You Baby
Shanie just beats off Beyonce, although the single was nowhere near as big selling. A track I didn't like on the album, but really worked as a single release. May still be more Shania!

82. Sophie Ellis Bextor – Mixed Up World
And now we have Sophie Ellis Bextors only hit so far this year. From the not too big selling album she released a couple of months back, this was not the strongest single release, but still a great tune!

81. Shania Twain - Forever And For Always
And Shania is back already, this time with a ballad, with a really well put together video. Again, I only really liked this upon release, but its grown on me alot. Will Shania return?!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby McDreams » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:50 pm

Woooooooooo for Shania and the Beyonce!!! :D
McDreams
Manager

Postby Tiger » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:20 pm

I will ignore the evil Amy comment :o

Yay for Amy and Shania!

*Is ignoring....STILL*

My CHART
Tiger

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:25 pm

Woo... or should I say "Wo!" for Mya... also Beyonce and Shania get the thumbs up from me!
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby king_oxymoron » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:20 pm

Lets continue:

80. Alastair Griffin – Bring It On
Beating Alex Parks is Fame Academy runner up Alastair, who enters at No.80 with his singalong debut!

79. Amy Studt – Misfit
Amy's second single and second entry in the chart is still averagely low because of the amount of songs this year, though Im sure my love of her will increase when I get the album!

78. Kelly Clarkson – Low
The winner of American Idol's second UK single didn't so too well at all, but it was the less publicised that tickled my fancy - but will it have beaten her debut?

77. Westlife – Tonight
The third entry for Westlife is at 77, with the slightly more upbeat Tonight, which wasn't as successful as the ballad Mandy, but which I preferred and liked from first listen!

76. Mis-Teeq – Can’t Get It Back
Mis-Teeq make my chart almost a quarter of the way through, with a great song with an ace video, but will they be back at all?

75. Justin Timberlake – Senorita
Justin's least significant hit makes my Year Chart at No.75, one quarter of the way through, but will his other singles have beaten it?

74. XTM ft. Annia – Fly On The Wings Of Love
Matthew's favourite :lol:, XTM's cover of a Eurovision winner was a big hit in the charts this year, and is no exception here!

73. Sugababes – Too Lost In You
The second artists in this segment to feature on Love Actually soundtrack are the Sugababes with the new ballad, Too Lost In You. Has it beaten Hole In The Head?

72. Sinead Quinn - What You Need Is
Another Fame Academy runner up, Sinead Quinn is at 72 with her second single which flopped despite being great!

71. Siobhan Donaghy - Twist Of Fate
This was an even bigger flop than Sineads, but wasnt it just great - would have been a great prospect!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Tiger » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:27 pm

What great taste you have :D Big woo for Amy and Sinead! :D

My CHART
Tiger

Postby philruck » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:27 pm

I'm liking most of the chart so far, but not Justin Timberlake or Westlife. They're both doing well in my worst chart :lol:
philruck
Superstar

Postby Terence » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:35 pm

^ :lol: That cracked me up Phil!

Woo for Kelly Clarkson!
Woo for Siobhan!
Woooooooooooooooooooo for Amy!
Terence
Euro-trash Freak

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:31 pm

Woo for Amy, and Kelly... but boo for Justin! :P
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby S4BUK » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:17 pm

I'm going for 'Too Far Gone' super chart so far, But Britney and Madge are criminally low :evil:
S4BUK
Manager

Postby Dazzle » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:19 pm

Woo for the Sugas and Kelly! :D
When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th
Dazzle
Legend

Postby Virgostar » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:12 pm

Right, now for once I'll make a nice comment!

Woo for Kelly, Amy x2, Siobhan and Ms Beyonce!

Boo for Westlife though - sorry, had to get that in! :P
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby king_oxymoron » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:36 pm

70. Ronan Keating - The Long Goodbye
So, Ronan appears with half of his double A-Side release, The Long Goodbye - loved it!

69. S Club - Love Ain't Gonna Wait For You
At 69 (hey Rachel :wink: ) are the old S Clubbers with their funky disco number Love Ain't Gonna Wait - will it be the last time we see them?

68. Girls Aloud – Jump (For My Love)
Next up are Popstars:The Rivals winners Girls Aloudwith their latest hit, Jump from the Sound Of The Underground re-release and the Love Actually soundtrack. I love it, actually.

67. One True Voice – Shakespeares (Way With) Words
Con-tro-ver-sial! Or just sad. Look who's beaten them! Its One True Voice - the male winners of the same show, but I can reveal that there is at least one track still to come from Girls Aloud OR OTV - who will win?! Anyway, loved this, Matts voice worked well, and was dancable!

66. Melanie C – On The Horizon
Spice Girl of the year Melanie C hits No.66 with her feel good tune (Here It Comes Again doesn't appear as I used my chart to help me make this chart and that didnt start til May ish!) - but will she appear again? Perhaps Yeh Yeh Yeh will be up there!

65. Feeder – Forget About Tomorrow
The band I like and don't get stick for is Feeder, whose Forget About Tomorrow was really great and was radio friendly! This tune makes No.65 as I can sing along and its ace!

64. Gareth Gates – Sunshine
Considering I wanted Gareth to win Pop Idol, I went off him a fair bit for a fair while, but this was a great tune to return with and beats current hit, Say It Isnt So!

63. Love Inc. - Broken Bones
The song that just appeared in eamezeys worst song list appears here at No.63 in my favourites. Much better than the dire "You're A Superstar", Broken Bones was a surprise hit in my chart!

62. Tomcraft – Loneliness
And another dance tune is at 62 - and this time its from Tomcraft, who I largely ignored for a few weeks until hearing this. And I loved it, instantly!

61. Evancescence – Going Under
Evanescence's second UK top hit was this song, and it's a right grower with a great chorus. Will it be Amy and co's biggest hit - or will My Immortal or Bring Me To Life have triumphed?

More sooN!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby McDreams » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:51 pm

Wooo for Ronan and Evanescence
McDreams
Manager

Postby Dazzle » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:04 pm

Hmm. Out of those, I think Melanie C is the only one in my top 100! :-?
When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th
Dazzle
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts