Mumford & Sons - Thistle & Weeds

Moderator: tdc2000

Postby Eoinposse » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:41 pm

"Thistle and Weeds" is set to be the fifth single taken from Mumford & Sons' debut album "Sigh No More". It follows "Little Lion Man", "The Cave", "Winter Winds" and "Roll Away Your Stone". The indie folk band from London, have never had a top 20 hit. I think they are very good and particularly like this song. This is what I want you to do:
The aim is to download the song no earlier than 12am on 5 September 2010. Up until 11 September.
Tell more people about this campaign. It doesn't matter if you have the song already - just download it again. The goal is to get a higher chart position than Olly Murs' single.
Happy downloading.

Here is a link to the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgHi7SSvjNU

I'm still waiting on the video.
Last edited by Eoinposse on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:33 am, edited 10 times in total.
Eoinposse
Groupie

Postby irishguy28 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:29 pm

The title reminds me of a pub in Sydney called The Rose, Shamrock and Thistle - known colloquially as "The Three Weeds".
irishguy28

Postby Eoinposse » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:28 pm

It's a good song, and I hope they're bringing it out. It rocks. If I remember correctly, it's out on August 9.
Eoinposse
Groupie

Postby Eoinposse » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:58 pm

irishguy28 wrote:The title reminds me of a pub in Sydney called The Rose, Shamrock and Thistle - known colloquially as "The Three Weeds".
Have you ever been there?
Eoinposse
Groupie

Postby irishguy28 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:41 am

Of course I have!

I wouldn't know about it otherwise...
irishguy28

Postby ManicKangaroo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Eoinposse wrote:"Thistle and Weeds" is set to be the fifth single taken from Mumford & Sons' debut album "Sigh No More". It follows "Little Lion Man", "The Cave", "Winter Winds" and "Roll Away Your Stone". The indie folk band from London, have never had a top 20 hit. I think they are very good and particularly like this song. This is what I want you to do:
The aim is to download the song no earlier than 12am on 5 September 2010. Up until 11 September.
Tell more people about this campaign. It doesn't matter if you have the song already - just download it again. The goal is to get a higher chart position than Olly Murs' single.
Happy downloading.

and I'm still waiting on your source for this release

Also why are you aiming to get higher than Olly Murs when he is released on 29th August?
ManicKangaroo
Manager

Postby Eoinposse » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:32 pm

ManicKangaroo wrote:
Eoinposse wrote:"Thistle and Weeds" is set to be the fifth single taken from Mumford & Sons' debut album "Sigh No More". It follows "Little Lion Man", "The Cave", "Winter Winds" and "Roll Away Your Stone". The indie folk band from London, have never had a top 20 hit. I think they are very good and particularly like this song. This is what I want you to do:
Happy downloading.

Also why are you aiming to get higher than Olly Murs when he is released on 29th August?
Look up M&S' album on Wikipedia.
Eoinposse
Groupie

Postby Eoinposse » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:34 pm

ManicKangaroo wrote:
Happy downloading.

Simple. Olly is crap, and Mumfords have never had a top 20 hit.
Eoinposse
Groupie

Postby ManicKangaroo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Eoinposse wrote:
ManicKangaroo wrote:
Happy downloading.

Look up M&S' album on Wikipedia.
You can't believe anything you read on wikipedia - especially when it doesn't include a source

You could have posted that on wikipedia for all I know
Last edited by ManicKangaroo on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManicKangaroo
Manager

Postby ManicKangaroo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Eoinposse wrote:
ManicKangaroo wrote:
Happy downloading.

Simple. Olly is crap, and Mumfords have never had a top 20 hit.
But surely you should be aiming to beat another single released that week, not one from 2 weeks earlier :-?
ManicKangaroo
Manager

Postby Eoinposse » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:48 pm

C'mon! We can get this to #1! Download after midnight on 12 September until the end of 19 September! Strength in numbers!
Eoinposse
Groupie

Postby steophonic » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Eoinposse wrote:C'mon! We can get this to #1! Download after midnight on 12 September until the end of 19 September! Strength in numbers!
I admire your enthusiasm, but if they haven't hit #1 with any of the previous 4 singles off this album, I don't hold out much hope for a chart topper with this one!
steophonic
Music Junkie

Postby fercho34 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:21 pm

steophonic wrote:
Eoinposse wrote:C'mon! We can get this to #1! Download after midnight on 12 September until the end of 19 September! Strength in numbers!
I admire your enthusiasm, but if they haven't hit #1 with any of the previous 4 singles off this album, I don't hold out much hope for a chart topper with this one!
:lol: seriously.
fercho34
Manager

Postby Eoinposse » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:58 pm

fercho34 wrote:
steophonic wrote:
It's their best song!
Eoinposse
Groupie

Postby fercho34 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:29 pm

Eoinposse wrote:
fercho34 wrote:
steophonic wrote:
It's their best song!
They're great and this song is amazing. But you should know good music is not charting that well, and it's a 4th single.
fercho34
Manager

Postby Eoinposse » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Just heard it on a local radio station :)
Eoinposse
Groupie

Postby myles93 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:28 pm

Album is 10 on US itunes!! :D Cogratulations to them
Everybody Go Mad, Everybody Go Pyscho
myles93
Manager

Postby Owen94 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:10 pm

A listening post I made for the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oFWBVSN5K4
Owen94
Groupie

Postby irishguy28 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:49 am

Owen/Eoin - do you have multiple accounts?
irishguy28

Postby SholasBoy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:16 am

Why, of course he does/did.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Hugo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Great song :o
"King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Loki0012 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:16 am

Little Lion Man Is EPIC did they get a grammy nod?
MY PERSONAL CHARTS
NA NA NA NA OH OH
Loki0012
Superstar

Postby Loki0012 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:13 am

This is an amazing haunting song
MY PERSONAL CHARTS
NA NA NA NA OH OH
Loki0012
Superstar

Return to Rock & Alternative