Benjamin <3 Christina {#21}

Moderators: trebor, tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:01 pm

irishguy28 wrote:Benjamin = Stalker??? :o :o :o :o
Of course not. Only in the weekends. :wink:
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Plym » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Those 2 Bionic songs are ok but hate Car Wash!
Plym
Take Care

Postby jpguy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:39 am

Great :)
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby Tiger » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:21 am

#66 Car Wash

I always forget that. Good song.
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby Benjamin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:22 pm

[Another one from 'Bionic' to go. 'Prima Donna' is a sexy uptempo song, that's loved by a lot of my friends. Personally, I prefer the other uptempos from this album, but I do love the attitude of the track. ]

[A beautiful ballad from her debut. 'Obvious' showed the world that Christina wasn't just another teen singer that made catchy and simple pop music.. Her vocals on this track are very powerful. It's what makes the song.]

[Now this is something very different. Although 'Welcome' is more like an intro of the album, I still included it on the chart. Mainly because it's super awesome! The song is very dramatic and a perfect way to start the second disc of the album, after the stunning 'Enter The Circus'. ]

[If I could choose only one word to describe Christina's debut it would be the word 'sweet'. 'Blessed' is the perfect example of it. Not one of her strongest, but definitely very enjoyable!]
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby werewolf » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:58 pm

"Welcome" is just amazing! love that track sooooo much :)
werewolf
Manager

Postby Bhaggers » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:29 pm

What happened to this? I was looking forward to reading all you thoughts about the tracks :D
tell the others you've gone to sea...
Bhaggers
Superstar

Postby Tiger » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:23 am

#64 Obvious

Good song

My CHART
Tiger

Postby Benjamin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:35 pm

[This one is a typical late 90's/early 00's bubble gum pop song, Christina style. I think this would've made a good fifth single off her debut, but obviously we'll never know. ]

[Christina gets really sassy on this track, that's rumored to be a future UK single. Claiming to hate boys? That's a no-no Chrissie! LOL. I still love you though.]

[I absolutely love the fact that Christina re-worked 'Genie In The Bottle' into 'Genie 2.0' for her greatest hits album. The song is, by no means, better than the original, but it has a nice twist to it. I feel like it's more of a remix of the actual song, so that's why i didn't chart it higher. ]

[I think this song is a fan's favorite from 'Back To Basics'. I quite the track, but it's definitely not my favorite from the album. I believe this was released as a (radio-only) single in some places as well. Could've done with a hot video.]
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:50 pm

[I definitely have love for all seasons for Christina. This track from her debut is the kind of song that's a real pleasure to listen to when you're actually in love. Sweet as bubblegum pop. ]

[Just as the title implies, this song really shows off Christina's naughty side. During the 'Back To Basic' concerts, she used to get a fan on stage and tease the hell out of him. Dirty girl! ]

[We all do feel underappreciated at times. In a relationship or at work. I think that's why a lot of people can relate to this track. It's a good tune, but one of the weaker songs o 'Stripped' in my opinion. ]
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Tiger » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Woo Love For All Seasons.

My CHART
Tiger

Postby Benjamin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Maaian, you're not a big fan of Christina, are you? :(
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby pollei » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:10 pm

'Underappreciated' is one of my favorite songs in Stripped. :( 'Love For All Seasons' is ace too. I don't like 'Nasty Naughty Boy'.
pollei
Legend

Postby Calfbasa » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:30 pm

at moment I don't see any Christina's song that I like. Just wait rest chart! Can't wait to see I Turn To You and The Voice Within. My favorites All Time! 8-)
Calfbasa
Personal Assistant

Postby jpguy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:50 pm

I really love "Genie 2.0" :)
"Obvious" is an amazing ballad!
jpguy
Legend

Postby aintnootherfan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:52 am

Great chart and the story was so sweet. :)
The Voice!
aintnootherfan
Personal Assistant

Postby Benjamin » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:25 pm

[Definitely not a fan favorite, but I really like this uplifting tune. I wish Christina would have shot a spacey, sexy and colorful video for this one. It gives me energy.]

[Let's get GLAM!. An anthem for all the catwalk girls out there was born. Loved by the gays, 'Glam' is a quirky, edgy and sexy song. It's all about love and glamour!]

[Baby Jane brings us trouble. This song is what I expected the entire Back To Basics album to be. It sounds like the track was (live) recorded in the 30's/40's in a smokey bar somehwere downtown. Classic. ]

[It took a long time for this song to grow on me. I used to think it was the worst of the 'Back To Basics' album, but as you can see I clearly like it now. For me, 'Understand' is about having faith in love, eventhough sometimes you're caught in a situation you simply don't understand. ]
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby jpguy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:52 am

In the last two groups, those are like one of her worst songs, but "Understand" is amazing :)
jpguy
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:52 am

I love the descriptions of the songs and the pictures!! :D

"Understand" still hasn't grown on me :(
greek_boy
Legend

Postby ktar » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:22 pm

Fantastic presentation :o
ktar
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:05 pm

[I absolutely LOVE what Christina has done with "Beautiful'. This song sounds nothing like the original. She turned a perfect and 'classic' ballad into a dark but peaceful, electro-ballad. If something like that exists lol. Maybe it should've been higher in the chart, but it's still a remix of a song and I find it very hard to rank it with the other original songs.]

[I always wanted this song to be a single. It was my instant favorite (at the time) off the album. I was pissed when Christina released 'I Turn To You' instead of this little pop gem. Now I'm glad 'I Turn To You' was released, as I love it, but I do think this could've been the fifth single though.]

[Christina proved she still had a 'dirrty' side on the most sexy track off 'Back To Basics' The sequal to her global smash hit 'Dirrty' wasn't nowhere as good, it still was a highlight os the B2B album. ]

[Christina is vain and she's not ashamed of it. 'Vanity' is an anthem for every young boy and girl who needs that extra push to get out of their shell and show themselves off to the outside world. If you don't got it, fake it! Yeah, I'm vain, so what? so what? ]

[A person that loves you just the way you are. For who you are. Isn't that the thing everyone is looking for in the end? Christina seems to have found that person in Jordan Bratman and I think she's a very lucky woman. It's the kind of love Christina describes in this song: the one that makes you smile and makes you feel good. As it should be. ]
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:54 am

[Latin smash! This funky tune makes me want to dance, swing and sway. One of the 'Mi Reflejo' highlights, for sure. ]

[First single off Christina's 'Greatest Hits' album. At the time I thought this was going to be a sneak peek of what we could expect from 'Bionic', but this it turned out to be very different. A nice little tune, but not up there with Christina's best singles.]

[A funky gospel kind of track. Christina's voice does not under for the choir on this song, she outshines everyone lol. Christina sings about finding herself again and being in love and the fantastic feeling it gives. It makes her want to get down .. and pray :wink: ]

[An ode to her mommy. A song for all the mothers. The love between a mother and her kid is unbreakable and forever. In good and bad times. Christina sings about the strong woman her mother is and about the rough times they've been together. She tells her that she doesn't have to be afraid anymore, because she's a grown woman now and will take care of her. Sweet!]

[The soundtrack to Disney's 'Mulan' and the (English) song they named Christina's Spanish debut after. I prefer the Spanish version of the song, but I don't want to chart it seperately. Beautiful song, very powerful. ]
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Tiger » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:11 am

#45 Falsas Esperanzas
#42 Oh Mother
#41 Reflection

Woo for 45, the only good album she ever made :P

My CHART
Tiger

Postby Benjamin » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Tiger wrote:#45 Falsas Esperanzas
#42 Oh Mother
#41 Reflection

Woo for 45, the only good album she ever made :P
BOOOO! :lol: :P
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby IAmWill » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Love the countdown, I have to ask though did you put these in order of your personal interest or theyre plays on your iPod/iTunes etc??
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts