Japanese charts 2

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

 

Postby john2000 » Sun May 02, 2004 10:55 am

Great Job mario, thanks very much !
john
User avatar
john2000
Manager
 
Posts: 1698
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004

Postby whyme » Sun May 02, 2004 8:17 pm

Mario,

What are sales for Alanis Morissette in Japan? (for single and album?)

Also, what about Ace of Base and Metallica?

thanks
User avatar
whyme
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003

Postby allhits » Mon May 03, 2004 2:50 am

Mario,

Could you please post the sales numbers for namie Amuro's singles and albums? She was big in 1996-1998, but her sales fell a lot after her marriage. And then Utada Hikaru and Ayumi broke out, I heard her new album sold less than 100,000 copies, is that true? Thanks!
User avatar
allhits
Groupie
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004

Postby oye_up » Mon May 03, 2004 5:03 pm

Hi mario!
I would know the sales of these cd's:
Abba, "Gold-Greatest Hits"
The Beatles, "1"
Evanescence, "Fallen"
Avril Lavigne, "Let go"

Thank you very much!!!!!
User avatar
oye_up
Manager
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby mario » Tue May 04, 2004 4:27 am

whyme wrote:Mario,

What are sales for Alanis Morissette in Japan? (for single and album?)

Also, what about Ace of Base and Metallica?

thanks
Alanis Morissette(Up to 2006/1/30)
Albums sales and chart positions in Japan.

1995/07/25 Jagged Little Pill # 53 , 11 weeks, 55,170
1998/11/02 Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie # 9 , 13 weeks, 152,060
1999/11/25 Alanis Unplugged # 67 , 3 weeks, 9,390
2002/02/20 Under Rug Swept [Japanese Bonus Tracks] # 11 , 9 weeks, 111,300
2004/05/19 So-Called Chaos # 13 , 7 weeks, 37,440
2005/07/27 Jagged Little Pill 10Th Anniversary # 82 , 4 weeks, 7,356
2005/11/23 The Collection # 78 , 10 weeks, 17,177


Ace of Base's Albums sales and chart positions in Japan.

1993/12/26 " The Sign " # 3 , 40 weeks , 487,290
1995/12/09 " The Bridge " # 16 , 21 weeks , 273,890
1998/08/01 " Cruel Summer [Japan Bonus Tracks] " # 14 , 11 weeks , 142,840
1999/11/27 " Singles of the 90's [Japan Bonus Track] " # 23 , 13 weeks , 114,010
2003/03/05 " Da Capo " # 40 , 10 weeks , 33,264


Metallica
Albums sales and chart positions in Japan.(Up to 2006/7/17)


[LP] 1986/06/01 Master Of Puppets # 44 , 4 weeks, 8,770
[LP] 1987/10/21 Garage Days Re-Revisited [EP] # 46 , 4 weeks, 2,960
[CD] 1987/10/21 Garage Days Re-Revisited [EP] # 62 , 2 weeks, 2,780
[LP] 1988/09/14 ...And Justice for All # 18 , 10 weeks, 7,030
[CT] 1988/09/14 ...And Justice for All # 69 , 3 weeks, 2,150
[CD] 1988/09/14 ...And Justice for All # 8 , 8 weeks, 24,620
[CD] 1988/09/28 ...And Justice for All(3,900yen) # 28 , 2 weeks, 5,090
[CD] 1989/04/30 One[EP] # 17 , 6 weeks, 21,310
[CD] 1991/08/29 Metallica # 3 , 8 weeks, 127,440
[CD] 1993/02/21 Wherever I May Roam [EP] # 43 , 3 weeks, 18,880
[CD] 1994/01/01 Metalli-Can # 36 , 3 weeks, 20,170
[CD] 1996/06/01 Load # 3 , 15 weeks, 241,530
[CD] 1997/11/15 Reload # 11 , 6 weeks, 84,240
[CD] 1998/12/02 Garage, Inc. # 18 , 6 weeks, 54,480
[CD] 1999/12/22 S&M # 26 , 6 weeks, 34,200
[CD] 2003/06/09 St. Anger # 1 , 20 weeks, 151,631
[CD] 2003/07/16 St. Anger(Re) # 215 , 1 week, 1,004
[CD] 2003/11/06 Kill 'Em All # 246 , 1 week, 877
[CD] 2003/11/06 St. Anger(Limited Box) # 182 , 1 week, 1,262
[CD] 2003/11/06 Frantic[EP] # 236 , 1 week, 926
[CD] 2003/11/06 Master Of Puppets # 221 , 2 weeks, 1,649
[CD] 2003/11/06 Ride The Lightning # 240 , 1 week, 906
[CD] 2003/11/06 Live Shit: Binge and Purge # 64 , 3 weeks, 6,156
[CD] 2004/01/28 Unnamed Feeling[EP] # 220 , 1 week, 1,101

All acts singles does not enter.
Last edited by mario on Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby mario » Tue May 04, 2004 5:20 am

allhits wrote:Mario,

Could you please post the sales numbers for namie Amuro's singles and albums? She was big in 1996-1998, but her sales fell a lot after her marriage. And then Utada Hikaru and Ayumi broke out, I heard her new album sold less than 100,000 copies, is that true? Thanks!
Hi allhits,
You are detailed on a music scene of Japan!
Amuro was proud of greatest popularity in Japan the mid of the 1990s as you said.
However, she took a rest in marriage at the term. It was passed by Utada and Hamasaki in the meantime.

Namie Amuro
Albums and Singles sales and chart positions in Japan.

Albums
1995/10/16 Dance Tracks Vol.1 # 1 , 44 weeks, 1,865,450
1996/07/22 Sweet 19 Blues # 1 , 42 weeks, 3,359,450
1996/09/30 Original Tracks Vol.1 # 3 , 9 weeks, 418,710
1997/07/24 Concentration20 # 1 , 28 weeks, 1,929,860
1998/01/28 181920 # 1 , 27 weeks, 1,689,530
2000/01/26 Genius 2000 # 1 , 8 weeks, 802,740
2000/12/20 Break The Rules # 2 , 9 weeks, 334,520
2002/03/13 Love Enhanced-Single Collection # 3 , 9 weeks, 305,040
2003/12/10 Style # 4 , 23 weeks, 221,874
2004/03/31 181920 & Films # 134 , 1 week, 1,992
2005/07/13 Queen Of Hip-Pop # 2 , 23 weeks, 453,642

Singles
1995/01/25 Try Me-Watshi Wo Sinjite- # 8 , 25 weeks, 732,950
1995/04/26 Taiyo No Season # 5 , 17 weeks, 610,680
1995/07/24 Stop The Music # 4 , 13 weeks, 528,160
1995/10/25 Body Feels Exit # 3 , 19 weeks, 881,640
1995/12/04 Chase The Chance # 1 , 20 weeks, 1,361,710
1996/03/13 Don'T Wanna Cry # 1 , 22 weeks, 1,371,730
1996/06/05 You'Re My Sunshine # 1 , 12 weeks, 1,098,520
1996/08/21 Sweet 19 Blues/Joy # 2 , 13 weeks, 452,890
1996/11/27 A Walk In The Park # 1 , 16 weeks, 1,066,580
1997/02/19 Can You Celebrate? # 1 , 40 weeks, 2,296,200
1997/05/21 How To Be A Girl # 1 , 12 weeks, 772,130
1997/11/27 Dreaming I Was Dreaming # 1 , 11 weeks, 558,830
1997/12/25 Can You Celebrate?(12cm) # 1 , 9 weeks, 454,020
1998/12/23 I Have Never Seen # 1 , 13 weeks, 657,250
1999/03/17 Respect The Power Of Love # 2 , 10 weeks, 491,920
1999/07/07 Toi Et Moi # 3 , 11 weeks, 272,110
1999/09/01 Something 'Bout The Kiss(12cm) # 3 , 8 weeks, 253,500
1999/09/01 Something 'Bout The Kiss # 7 , 8 weeks, 115,880
2000/01/01 Love 2000 # 4 , 7 weeks, 228,120
2000/07/12 Never End # 2 , 14 weeks, 640,310
2000/10/04 Please Smile Again # 2 , 7 weeks, 216,960
2001/01/24 Think Of Me/No More Tears # 7 , 5 weeks, 112,670
2001/08/08 Say The Word # 3 , 11 weeks, 183,840
2001/12/27 Lovin' It # 8 , 5 weeks, 71,500
2002/02/14 I Will # 7 , 9 weeks, 95,120
2002/09/11 Wishing On The Same Star # 2 , 8 weeks, 94,490
2003/03/05 Shine More # 8 , 6 weeks, 52,268
2003/07/16 Put 'Em Up # 7 , 6 weeks, 41,149
2003/10/16 So Crazy/Come # 8 , 13 weeks, 48,969
2004/03/17 Alarm # 11 , 10 weeks, 50,262
2004/07/22 All For You # 6 , 15 weeks, 112,558
2004/10/14 Girl Talk/The Speed Star # 2 , 15 weeks, 106,804
2005/04/06 Want Me,Want Me # 2 , 10 weeks, 102,733
2005/11/16 White Light/Violet Sauce # 7 , 10 weeks, 72,652
Last edited by mario on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby mario » Tue May 04, 2004 5:59 am

oye_up wrote:Hi mario!
I would know the sales of these cd's:
Abba, "Gold-Greatest Hits"
The Beatles, "1"
Evanescence, "Fallen"
Avril Lavigne, "Let go"

Thank you very much!!!!!
Hi oye_up,
Abba, "Gold-Greatest Hits"107,180
The Beatles, "1" 1,937,374
Evanescence, "Fallen" 296,114
Avril Lavigne, "Let go" 1,005,658

Up to the newest (2004/5/3) TOP300.
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby allhits » Tue May 04, 2004 10:22 am

mario wrote:
allhits wrote:Mario,

Could you please post the sales numbers for namie Amuro's singles and albums? She was big in 1996-1998, but her sales fell a lot after her marriage. And then Utada Hikaru and Ayumi broke out, I heard her new album sold less than 100,000 copies, is that true? Thanks!
Hi allhits,
You are detailed on a music scene of Japan!
Amuro was proud of greatest popularity in Japan the mid of the 1990s as you said.
However, she took a rest in marriage at the term. It was passed by Utada and Hamasaki in the meantime.
Thanks a lot! Mario!
Could you also let me know how many copies have Clay Aiken's Measure of a Man and Kelly Clarkson's Thankful sold? Thanks again!
User avatar
allhits
Groupie
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004

Postby mario » Tue May 04, 2004 10:55 am

allhits wrote:Could you also let me know how many copies have Clay Aiken's Measure of a Man and Kelly Clarkson's Thankful sold? Thanks again!
Kelly Clarkson's Thankful are 60,403copies sold in Japan.
Peak position is #19 and stayed at TOP300 13 weeks.

Although Clay Aiken's Measure of a Man was sold to 2004/03/24 in Japan, it does not enter TOP300.
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby mario » Tue May 04, 2004 11:01 am

For Edu,

Simon & Garfunkel's Albums and Singles sales and chart positions in Japan.

<Albums>
1968/08/20 " The Graduate " # 50 , 19 weeks , 21,000
1969/11/21 " S&G Greatest Hits[Japan Only] " # 39 , 58 weeks , 62,000
1970/04/21 " Bridge Over Troubled Water " # 1 , 98 weeks , 440,000
1970/11/01 " Simon & Garfunkel[Japan Only] " # 1 , 18 weeks , 73,000
1971/06/01 " All About Simon & Garfunkel[Japan Only] " # 5 , 56 weeks , 113,000
1971/06/01 " S&G Greatest Hits‡U[Japan Only] " # 1 , 67 weeks , 356,000
1971/11/01 " Gift Pack Series[Japan Only] " # 1 , 38 weeks , 190,000
1972/06/01 " S&G-Gold Discs[Japan Only] " # 2 , 53 weeks , 147,000
1972/09/01 " Greatest Hits " # 3 , 53 weeks , 123,000
1972/11/01 " S&G-Gift Pack Series[Japan Only] " # 1 , 35 weeks , 179,000
1973/06/01 " Pack 20[Japan Only] " # 13 , 26 weeks , 77,000
1973/11/01 " S&G-Gift Pack[Japan Only] " # 18 , 26 weeks , 73,000
1974/11/01 " Gift Pack Series'75[Japan Only] " # 55 , 6 weeks , 9,000
1976/06/20 " Grand Prix 20 Series[Japan Only] " # 76 , 1 weeks , 1,000
1981/12/02 " The Simon And Garfunkel Collection[Japan Only] " # 23 , 31 weeks , 9,000
1982/02/28 " Concert in Central Park " # 2 , 28 weeks , 261,000
1988/07/01 " The Simon And Garfunkel Collection[Japan Only] " # 43 , 7 weeks , 37,000
1993/11/10 " Simon and Garfunkel Collected Works " # 35 , 7 weeks , 26,100
1993/11/21 " STAR BOX[Japan Only] " # 58 , 3 weeks , 19,460
1994/08/21 " The Definitive Simon & Garfunkel-S&G STAR BOX[Japan Only] " # 13 , 14 weeks , 160,190

<Singles>
1968/06/15 " The Sounds Of Silence " # 1 , 59 weeks , 810,000
1968/09/21 " Scarborough Fair " # 39 , 23 weeks , 85,000
1969/06/01 " The Boxer " # 22 , 21 weeks , 116,000
1970/03/21 " Bridge Over Troubled Water " # 11 , 41 weeks , 263,000
1970/06/21 " Cecilia " # 54 , 10 weeks , 28,000
1970/06/21 " El Condor Pasa " # 7 , 41 weeks , 390,000
1970/11/21 " Bye Bye Love " # 43 , 13 weeks , 50,000
1971/08/21 " America " # 15 , 21 weeks , 131,000
1972/10/01 " For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her " # 81 , 5 weeks , 10,000
1973/01/21 " A Hazy Shade Of Winter " # 68 , 12 weeks , 29,000
1975/11/21 " My Little Town " # 78 , 4 weeks , 13,000
1982/01/21 " Scarborough Fair[Live] " # 79 , 5 weeks , 12,000
1994/07/21 " A Hazy Shade Of Winter " # 13 , 14 weeks , 275,310

They are the overseas musicians who succeeded in Japan most.They have Five #1 albums and Two #2 albums!
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby oye_up » Tue May 04, 2004 1:27 pm

mario wrote:
oye_up wrote:Hi mario!
I would know the sales of these cd's:
Abba, "Gold-Greatest Hits"
The Beatles, "1"
Evanescence, "Fallen"
Avril Lavigne, "Let go"

Thank you very much!!!!!
Hi oye_up,
Abba, "Gold-Greatest Hits"107,180
The Beatles, "1" 1,937,374
Evanescence, "Fallen" 296,114
Avril Lavigne, "Let go" 1,005,658

Up to the newest (2004/5/3) TOP300.
Thank you very much, Mario! But, if sales are 1,937,374, what is the certification?? Double Diamond?? Thanks again ;-) And sales of ABBA are under my predictions... Didn't they sell much there?
User avatar
oye_up
Manager
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004
Location: Spain

Postby allhits » Tue May 04, 2004 2:36 pm

mario wrote:For Edu,

Simon & Garfunkel's Albums and Singles sales and chart positions in Japan.

<Albums>
1968/08/20 " The Graduate " # 50 , 19 weeks , 21,000
1969/11/21 " S&G Greatest Hits[Japan Only] " # 39 , 58 weeks , 62,000
1970/04/21 " Bridge Over Troubled Water " # 1 , 98 weeks , 440,000
1970/11/01 " Simon & Garfunkel[Japan Only] " # 1 , 18 weeks , 73,000
1971/06/01 " All About Simon & Garfunkel[Japan Only] " # 5 , 56 weeks , 113,000
1971/06/01 " S&G Greatest Hits‡U[Japan Only] " # 1 , 67 weeks , 356,000
1971/11/01 " Gift Pack Series[Japan Only] " # 1 , 38 weeks , 190,000
1972/06/01 " S&G-Gold Discs[Japan Only] " # 2 , 53 weeks , 147,000
1972/09/01 " Greatest Hits " # 3 , 53 weeks , 123,000
1972/11/01 " S&G-Gift Pack Series[Japan Only] " # 1 , 35 weeks , 179,000
1973/06/01 " Pack 20[Japan Only] " # 13 , 26 weeks , 77,000
1973/11/01 " S&G-Gift Pack[Japan Only] " # 18 , 26 weeks , 73,000
1974/11/01 " Gift Pack Series'75[Japan Only] " # 55 , 6 weeks , 9,000
1976/06/20 " Grand Prix 20 Series[Japan Only] " # 76 , 1 weeks , 1,000
1981/12/02 " The Simon And Garfunkel Collection[Japan Only] " # 23 , 31 weeks , 9,000
1982/02/28 " Concert in Central Park " # 2 , 28 weeks , 261,000
1988/07/01 " The Simon And Garfunkel Collection[Japan Only] " # 43 , 7 weeks , 37,000
1993/11/10 " Simon and Garfunkel Collected Works " # 35 , 7 weeks , 26,100
1993/11/21 " STAR BOX[Japan Only] " # 58 , 3 weeks , 19,460
1994/08/21 " The Definitive Simon & Garfunkel-S&G STAR BOX[Japan Only] " # 13 , 14 weeks , 160,190

<Singles>
1968/06/15 " The Sounds Of Silence " # 1 , 59 weeks , 810,000
1968/09/21 " Scarborough Fair " # 39 , 23 weeks , 85,000
1969/06/01 " The Boxer " # 22 , 21 weeks , 116,000
1970/03/21 " Bridge Over Troubled Water " # 11 , 41 weeks , 263,000
1970/06/21 " Cecilia " # 54 , 10 weeks , 28,000
1970/06/21 " El Condor Pasa " # 7 , 41 weeks , 390,000
1970/11/21 " Bye Bye Love " # 43 , 13 weeks , 50,000
1971/08/21 " America " # 15 , 21 weeks , 131,000
1972/10/01 " For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her " # 81 , 5 weeks , 10,000
1973/01/21 " A Hazy Shade Of Winter " # 68 , 12 weeks , 29,000
1975/11/21 " My Little Town " # 78 , 4 weeks , 13,000
1982/01/21 " Scarborough Fair[Live] " # 79 , 5 weeks , 12,000
1994/07/21 " A Hazy Shade Of Winter " # 13 , 14 weeks , 275,310

They are the overseas musicians who succeeded in Japan most.They have Five #1 albums and Two #2 albums!
Isn't Mariah the most successful overseas artist in Japan? I think she has 5 #1 albums there too(Merry Christmas, Daydream, Butterfly, #1's and Glitter), Rainbow peaked at #2? Right?
User avatar
allhits
Groupie
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004

Postby Jens » Tue May 04, 2004 4:57 pm

How did Beyoncé do in the last weeks?
Jens
Roadie
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003

Postby mario » Tue May 04, 2004 5:01 pm

oye_up wrote:But, if sales are 1,937,374, what is the certification?? Double Diamond?? Thanks again ;-)
It's 2 million. However, the number of shipment is already over 2 million.

oye_up wrote:And sales of ABBA are under my predictions... Didn't they sell much there?
Many compilation albums of ABBA are put on the market in Japan.Therefore, I think that sales are distributed.
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby mario » Tue May 04, 2004 5:20 pm

allhits wrote:Isn't Mariah the most successful overseas artist in Japan?
To be sure, by sales, the direction of Mariah has exceeded.

The number of acquisition weeks are 39 weeks #1 of the total of S&G.
And their albums attained the inspiring feat of occupying #1 for 29 weeks in 1971.
Furthermore, many of Japanese of those days were able to sing their song.
From the point of influence, S&G could be called most successful musicians.

allhits wrote:Rainbow peaked at #2? Right?
It's infallible at #2.
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby mario » Tue May 04, 2004 5:27 pm

[quote="Jens"]How did Beyonc
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby Euterpe » Tue May 04, 2004 5:43 pm

Hello, Mario: do you know the sales of George Michael and Marilyn Manson? Thanks :wink:
User avatar
Euterpe
Roadie
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003
Location: Málaga (Spain)

Postby allhits » Wed May 05, 2004 12:08 am

Utada ties Seiko Matsuda's record? I have just read that this week Utada remains #1 both on Singles and Albums chart for the second week in a row and she has tied the record written by Seiko around 20 years ago for staying #1 both on these 2 charts, is this true? Because I really don't think it will be a feature that's hard to achieve.


And Mario, do you also have the sales records by the TV series? Like the them from Tokyo Love Story, Beautiful Life, Hero or Chage & Aska's Say yes for The 101th Propose? I know this might sound strange, but they are really sensations in Asia, frankly. Is Namie Amuro's Can You Celebrate the best-selling TV series single of all-time? She even made a cameo in that TV series. Thanks a lot.
User avatar
allhits
Groupie
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004

Postby whyme » Wed May 05, 2004 1:10 am

mario wrote:
whyme wrote:Mario,

What are sales for Alanis Morissette in Japan? (for single and album?)

Also, what about Ace of Base and Metallica?

thanks
Alanis Morissette's Albums sales and chart positions in Japan.

1995/07/25 " Jagged Little Pill " # 53 , 11 weeks , 55,170
1998/11/02 " Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie " # 9 , 13 weeks , 152,060
1999/11/25 " Alanis Unplugged " # 67 , 3 weeks , 9,390
2002/02/20 " Under Rug Swept [Japanese Bonus Tracks] " # 11 , 9 weeks , 111,300

Ace of Base's Albums sales and chart positions in Japan.

1993/12/26 " The Sign " # 3 , 40 weeks , 487,290
1995/12/09 " The Bridge " # 16 , 21 weeks , 273,890
1998/08/01 " Cruel Summer [Japan Bonus Tracks] " # 14 , 11 weeks , 142,840
1999/11/27 " Singles of the 90's [Japan Bonus Track] " # 23 , 13 weeks , 114,010
2003/03/05 " Da Capo " # 40 , 10 weeks , 33,264

Metallica's Albums sales and chart positions in Japan.

1987/10/21 " Garage Days Re-Revisited [EP] " # 46 , 4 weeks , 8,000
1988/09/14 " ...And Justice for All " # 11 , 10 weeks , 40,000
1988/09/28 " ...And Justice for All(3,900yen) " # 53 , 2 weeks , 5,000
1989/04/30 " One[EP] " # 22 , 6 weeks , 21,000
1991/08/29 " Metallica " # 3 , 8 weeks , 127,440
1993/02/21 " Wherever I May Roam [EP] " # 45 , 3 weeks , 18,880
1994/01/01 " Metalli-Can " # 38 , 3 weeks , 20,170
1996/06/01 " Load " # 3 , 15 weeks , 241,530
1997/11/15 " Reload " # 11 , 6 weeks , 84,240
1998/12/02 " Garage, Inc. " # 18 , 6 weeks , 54,480
1999/12/22 " S&M " # 26 , 6 weeks , 34,200
2003/06/09 " St. Anger " # 1 , 20 weeks , 151,631
2003/11/06 " Live Shit: Binge and Purge " # 64 , 3 weeks , 5,492

All acts singles does not enter.
Can you explain how Jagged Little Pill sold less than her two other albums?? Jagged is one of the best selling albums ever and the other two were flops. How is this possible?

PS...thanks for this info mario!
User avatar
whyme
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003

Postby mario » Wed May 05, 2004 5:35 am

Euterpe wrote:Hello, Mario: do you know the sales of George Michael and Marilyn Manson? Thanks :wink:
George Michael & Wham!'s Albums and Singles sales and chart positions in Japan.

<Albums>
1983/09/21 " Fantastic! " # 17 , 44 weeks, 151,000
1984/11/21 " Make It Big " # 1 , 26 weeks, 524,000
1984/12/21 " Make It Big[Picture Disc] " # 43 , 13 weeks, 24,000
1986/07/21 " Music from the Edge of Heaven " # 9 , 13 weeks, 68,000
1986/08/06 " Final " # 11 , 15 weeks, 53,000
1989/03/01 " Final[CD] " # 71 , 7 weeks, 20,000
1989/04/30 " Best Remixes " # 72 , 5 weeks, 4,000
1993/11/21 " Starbox " # 58 , 5 weeks, 36,420
1997/12/12 " The Best of Wham!: If You Were There
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby mario » Wed May 05, 2004 6:04 am

allhits wrote:Utada ties Seiko Matsuda's record? I have just read that this week Utada remains #1 both on Singles and Albums chart for the second week in a row and she has tied the record written by Seiko around 20 years ago for staying #1 both on these 2 charts, is this true? Because I really don't think it will be a feature that's hard to achieve.
This meaning is "Simultaneous #1 acquisition record which is not simultaneous sale".
Expression is somewhat unclear!

allhits wrote:And Mario, do you also have the sales records by the TV series? Like the them from Tokyo Love Story, Beautiful Life, Hero or Chage & Aska's Say yes for The 101th Propose? I know this might sound strange, but they are really sensations in Asia, frankly. Is Namie Amuro's Can You Celebrate the best-selling TV series single of all-time? She even made a cameo in that TV series. Thanks a lot.
In Japan, it's determined whether single sells by cooperation of a TV program, CM, etc.
For example, "Amazing Grace"-Hayley Westenra and "I Was Born to Love You"-Queen.

The best-selling TV series single of all-time is "SAY YES"-CHAGE & ASKA.total sales are 2,822,000 copies.
Next, "Love Story ha totuzenni"-Kazumasa-Oda (2,588,000 copies).Amuro's Can You Celebrate is #3.
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby mario » Wed May 05, 2004 6:08 am

whyme wrote:Can you explain how Jagged Little Pill sold less than her two other albums?? Jagged is one of the best selling albums ever and the other two were flops. How is this possible?

PS...thanks for this info mario!
I do not understand a reason, either. Is it because it was a little simple?
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby mario » Wed May 05, 2004 6:26 am

For jayspice,

The rank of Year-end ORICON charts.

Bryan Adams'Albums

"Reckless"
1985 # 84 ( 71,130 )
1986 # 200 ( 25,580 )

"Bryan Adams Special Mini Album[Japan Only]"
Not ranked as TOP200. (15,000 )

"Into the Fire"
1987 # 85 ( 46,560 )
1987 # 76 ( 59,300 )

"Hits On Fire[Japan Only]"
Not ranked as TOP200. (23,000 )

"LIVE! LIVE! LIVE![Japan Only]"
1990 # 256 ( 32,940 )

"Waking up the Neighbours"
1991 # 117 ( 123,490 )
1992 # 388 ( 29,810 )

"Waking up the Neighbours[Japanese Special Edition]"
1993 # 813 ( 5,470 )

"So Far So Good"
1993 # 248 ( 63,050 )
1994 # 125 ( 139,960 )

"18 'til I Die"
1996 # 103 ( 237,300 )

"MTV Unplugged"
1998 # 378 ( 33,470 )

"On a Day Like Today"
1998 # 254 ( 64,670 )

"The Best of Me"
1999 # 616 ( 11,920 )
2000 # 551 ( 14,810 )
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Postby Bauhaus » Wed May 05, 2004 7:58 am

Thanks for the info about B'z Mario!
Can i ask singles and albums positions and sales history of Michael and Janet Jackson and also Mariah Carey on singles (i think you already posted albums from her). Thanks in advance!
This thread rocks!!
Bauhaus
Groupie
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003

Postby mario » Wed May 05, 2004 10:14 am

Bauhaus wrote:Thanks for the info about B'z Mario!
Can i ask singles and albums positions and sales history of Michael and Janet Jackson and also Mariah Carey on singles (i think you already posted albums from her). Thanks in advance!
This thread rocks!!
These three musicians' positions and sales history is already post.

MJ
http://forums.ukmix.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13473
Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:46 pm

JJ
http://forums.ukmix.net/forums/viewtopi ... &start=250
Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:02 pm

MC
http://forums.ukmix.net/forums/viewtopi ... c&start=50
Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:54 pm
mario
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004
Location: Shizuoka, Japan

Return to Chart Analysis