swiftie13's 2011 Year End Chart (Artist of The Year)

Moderators: tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Who Do You WANT To Win Artist Of The Year?

Taylor Swift
19%
Bruno Mars
6%
Ellie Goulding
3%
Matt Cardle
6%
Britney Spears
22%
John Mayer
3%
Adele
16%
Coldplay
No votes
Jennifer Lopez
3%
Mumford & Sons
3%
Selena Gomez & The Scene
3%
Lissie
6%
Kylie Minogue
3%
Ke$ha
No votes
Katy Perry
6%

Total votes : 32

Postby ThomyX » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:15 pm

I love both 'Lights' and 'It Will Rain', the former is actually one of my favourite Ellie songs (along with 'The Writer'). :D
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby swiftie13 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 am

JSparksFan wrote:#0? Really, Horacio? :lol:

Either way, I'm glad to see "It Will Rain". "Lights" is alright but it's not my fave from Ellie.

"The Story of Us" will definitely be #1. If it isn't, I'll eat my head. 8-)
Yes, Akini, #0. It's nongeneric :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) :P

and at least you like Ellie (that's more than enough for me!) :lol: 8-)

ThomyX wrote:I love both 'Lights' and 'It Will Rain', the former is actually one of my favourite Ellie songs (along with 'The Writer'). :D
That's great to here! Except for me The Writer pales in comparison to her other epic tracks 8-) :wink:

PosziMC2 wrote:#0 --->Mariahs#100sCouldNever
Aww! Thanks! :lol: LOL *DEAD*

king_oxymoron wrote:Really really happy to see some of this stuff here - Matt's winners single was really great, but really happy to see the Britney tracks here and ESPECIALLY to see Lights in another top 5!!
Yay :D glad to see you like some things :D and yes Brit and Ellie are some of my favourites!

#0 in a little while!
God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:53 am

2. Run for Your Life | Matt CardleImageImageImage
    Peak: 1 for 6 Weeks
    All I can say is that he exceeded my expectations. I had an idea of what he was going for after When We Collide but this was way better yet so Matt! It was also the most anticipated song of my 2011 so no surprise it's way up here even though it was released late 2011. This song has the honour of having the longest stay at number one with 6 weeks. It debuted at number two and went to number one the week after becoming the fastest number one so far. It spent it's first 8 weeks (2 months) in the top 10!! If it debuted earlier it honestly probably would've been #0 unless it would've fallen out quick like it did. This is the latest song in my top 5 and was the biggest hit of the last 13 weeks. It;s the last Matt song (obviously). Here's the technical stuff on my husband's debut single.

CHART RUN: 2-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-3-4-4-6-7-9-OUT

111 Points
1. Mean | Taylor SwiftImageImageImage
    Peak: 1 for 5 Weeks
    This song was destined to be a hit. the bluegrassy feel and the anti bulling scored major points in my book. Also this has one of Swift's catchiest choruses yet. Even though it's not one of her best singles, in my opinion, it is one of her best music videos mostly cause it sort of challenged a conservative genre with the issue of gay bullying and I love Swift even more for that! I seriously thought that no song would top this cause it had amazing longevity and 5 weeks at number one! The video made me love it all over again! I also think it had the most runs at number one (with 3 separate runs). This is not the last of Swift!

CHART RUN: 7-4-2-1-2-1-4-1-1-1-2-3-5-6-7-8-OUT

121 Points
0. The Story of Us | Taylor SwiftImageImageImage
    Peak: 1 for 5 Weeks
    This is it. My number 0 of the year! It's always been one of my favourite Taylor tracks and definitely her best "pure pop" track so I was beyond excited when it was announced as a pop radio single. Even though it under performed I still think it was a perfect single choice! When the video was released I was more than excited and has become my favourite Taylor video yet! Everything about it is just amazing (the College setting>>)! Also I got addicted to this song for a long time (look at Song of The Day thread around July for evidence)! I never thought anything could top Mean but when this came along it completely slayed every other song! Oh and since it was a double A single this song and Mean both shared the top 2 for weeks. Usually when I overplay a song I stop liking it, but with this it did the exact opposite and love it even more and is now in my top 10 Taylor tracks (it was #16 r #15 when I did my countdown) and still listen to it at times. It is also my top track on my Last FM. The Story of Us stayed in my top ten for an UNMATCHED record of 29 freaking weeks!!! (That's page 4 to page 26 of my chart for a little visual!) That's more than 7 months!!!!!! After leaving the top 5 for 8 weeks, it returned! I think it's clear that this would be the winner if you followed my chart! Well here's the down low on my #0 of 2011.

CHART RUN: 8-5-5-2-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-6-7-7-7-6-7-5-6-7-7-9-OUT

187 Points
I hope you liked! :D (and OMG almost 200 Points! :o )

Here you folks have it, my top songs of 2011. My albums countdown will begin tomorrow. Thanks for all the comments! Means a lot to me!
swiftie13
Legend

Postby abdeeaikawa » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:18 am

Yay! Great #0 swiftie13! :lol:
"The Story of us" is a good song but still far from her best IMO
abdeeaikawa
Manager

Postby king_oxymoron » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:53 pm

No real surprises here though I probably prefer them in reverse order to you - Mean is one of my favourite Taylor tracks now!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Yay! I don't have to eat my head! :lol:

Your #1 is fantastic, one of my fave Taylor singles from the "Speak Now" era. The music video's easily the best of the era as well!

"Mean" is also superb! Love the anti-bullying theme and the music video was pretty good, albeit a bit boring in some places.

"Run For Your Life" is good, superb even for Matt! :lol: I didn't expect to like it ('cause it was recommended by you [I jest, I jest])! :lol:

Overall, lovely countdown! I forgive you for not ranking "Hold It Against Me" here because you had a lot of excellent songs to make up for that omission but for your albums countdown, I will not forgive you if "Femme Fatale" is not in the Top 10.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby ThomyX » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm not too keen on 'Mean' but I do love Run For Your Life and The Story of Us! :D Both amazing songs! 8-)
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby swiftie13 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:37 pm

abdeeaikawa wrote:Yay! Great #0 swiftie13! :lol:
"The Story of us" is a good song but still far from her best IMO
Thanks! and whatevz :roll: :lol: :P to each their own I guess :wink: I think it's in her top 15 best...

king_oxymoron wrote:No real surprises here though I probably prefer them in reverse order to you - Mean is one of my favourite Taylor tracks now!
Yes I think "swiftie" says it all :oops: :lol: and usually every odd number year I am addicted to Swift cause she's nowhere during the even number ones (except during the fall when she releases an album) so expect 2013 to be another big year for her haha! and cool I love Mean :D

JSparksFan wrote:Yay! I don't have to eat my head! :lol:

Your #1 is fantastic, one of my fave Taylor singles from the "Speak Now" era. The music video's easily the best of the era as well!

"Mean" is also superb! Love the anti-bullying theme and the music video was pretty good, albeit a bit boring in some places.

"Run For Your Life" is good, superb even for Matt! :lol: I didn't expect to like it ('cause it was recommended by you [I jest, I jest])! :lol:

Overall, lovely countdown! I forgive you for not ranking "Hold It Against Me" here because you had a lot of excellent songs to make up for that omission but for your albums countdown, I will not forgive you if "Femme Fatale" is not in the Top 10.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ the first comment!

and thanks I agree about The Story of Us 8-) fantastic track and yeah some parts in the Mean video we could do without but I love the old western mood!

and -_- at your "recommended by you comment" :lol: :lol: :P At least you like Matt to some extent (more than enough for me cause I know your generic taste isn't so expandable) I jest, I jest! :lol: :P

and I didn't like Britney when HIAM came out so it never charted and you'll see where FF lands :wink:

ThomyX wrote:I'm not too keen on 'Mean' but I do love Run For Your Life and The Story of Us! :D Both amazing songs! 8-)
Yay 2/3 haha and you liking TSOU covers for not liking Mean haha! Liking a Taylor Swift song is good enough for me!!! :D :D 8-) :lol: 8-)

Thanks for the comments y'all! and for following my countdown.

My albums countdown is next if my posting quota allows it :oops: :lol: :wink:
swiftie13
Legend

Postby Noahh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:37 am

Lights and It Will Rain are brilliant! 8-)

I also really like The Story Of Us and Mean! :)

Great countdown swiftie!! :D
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:13 am

Noahh wrote:Lights and It Will Rain are brilliant! 8-)

Yes, epic pop tunes! :D And I never knew you liked Taylor songs haha! Glad you do 8-)

Album countdown starts in the next few minuts 8-)
swiftie13
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:29 am

Albums That Have Charted In 2011 (37):
    21 | Adele
    A Year Without Rain | Selena Gomez & The Scene
    All I Ever Wanted | Kelly Clarkson
    Animal | Ke$ha
    Aphrodite | Kylie Minogue
    Battle Studies | John Mayer
    Born This Way | Lady Gaga
    Catching A Tiger | Lissie
    Cannibal EP | Ke$ha
    Doo Wops & Hooligans | Bruno Mars
    EUPHORIC///HEARTBREAK\\\ | Glasvegas
    False Smiles | Amy Studt
    Fearless | Taylor Swift
    Femme Fatale | Britney Spears
    Future History | Jason Derulo
    Goodbye Lullaby | Avril Lavigne
    It's Better If You Don't Understand EP | Bruno Mars
    Jason Derulo | Jason Derulo
    Letters | Matt Cardle
    Lights | Ellie Goulding
    LOVE? | Jennifer Lopez
    Mi Delirio | Anahi
    Mylo Xyloto | Coldplay
    Olly Murs | Olly Murs
    Sigh No More | Mumford & Sons
    Skeptic Goodbye | You Won't
    Speak Now | Taylor Swift
    Speak Now World Tour Live | Taylor Swift
    Tailgates & Tanlines | Luke Bryan
    Talk That Talk | Rihanna
    Taylor Swift | Taylor Swift
    Teenage Dream | Katy Perry
    Utopia | Belinda
    When The Sun Goes Down | Selena Gomez & The Scene
    Who You Are | Jessie J
    Wide Awake | Joe McElderry

Code: Select all
There were 37 albums that charted in my albums chart in 2011. This means there will be a top 36 and I will again crown my #1, #0
:wink:
swiftie13
Legend

Postby Noahh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:30 am

swiftie13 wrote:

Yes, epic pop tunes! :D And I never knew you liked Taylor songs haha! Glad you do 8-)

I like Taylor. I'm not a fan but I do like most of her songs.. :wink:

Can't wait to see your album countdown! :)
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:33 am

Noahh wrote:
swiftie13 wrote:

I like Taylor. I'm not a fan but I do like most of her songs.. :wink:

Can't wait to see your album countdown! :)
Oh I see.. hopefully one day you'll be :cry: :lol: :P

and thanks! I hope you'll like the albums :D
swiftie13
Legend

Postby Tiger » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:38 am

0. The Story of Us | Taylor Swift
1. Mean | Taylor Swift
2. Run for Your Life | Matt Cardle
3. It Will Rain | Bruno MArs
4. Lights | Ellie Goulding

Those are great :o

21 | Adele

:D
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby abi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:08 am

#0? :lol: Bye.

The top 2 songs are pretty nice, though I prefer "Mean" to be #1. Cute video. :P
abi
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Tiger wrote:0. The Story of Us | Taylor Swift
1. Mean | Taylor Swift
2. Run for Your Life | Matt Cardle
3. It Will Rain | Bruno MArs
4. Lights | Ellie Goulding

Those are great :o

21 | Adele

:D
Wow my whole top 4! :o :D :D :D 8-)

abi wrote:#0? :lol: Bye.

The top 2 songs are pretty nice, though I prefer "Mean" to be #1. Cute video. :P
#0 is >>>> ok, it's #Original #Nongeneric #Weird LOL

and hello? Mean is #1?! :lol: :P

Thanks for the comments!
swiftie13
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:34 pm

#0? :lol: <3

Wooo for Amy being considered for the Mercury Prize!
:lol:

(ps the album was actually shortlisted but just missed out for it originally...little known fact.) :P
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Here we go!

36. Utopía | Belinda
    Sales: 105,000
    This was the floppiest flop of the year. Considering it was released back in 'o6 and is a Spanish album, it's way more than I expected from it. Earlier I said Anahi was the only one to score a Spanish song on the year end but she isn't the only one with an album though as Belinda's Utopía becomes the first album to go. I expect none of y'all to know her as she's a local Mexican artist but she has done some stuff outside. Her music is a perfect blend of dark rock with a bit of pop and mature. She is a talented singer as is a songwriter. This is the only Belinda you'll see.

Top Tracks:

Pudo Ser Tan Fácil
    ¿Quién Es Feliz?
    Alguien Más
    Utopía
    Contigo O Sin Ti
35. Animal | Ke$ha
    Sales: 120,000
    Ke$ha's debut album is the second album to go. It only stayed for a little while die to the Hungover hype. It's a solid pop effort and underrated 'cause it's singles make it easy to dismiss though the ballads are great! Not the last of Ke$ha yet.

Top Tracks:

Hungover
    Dancing With Tears In My Eyes
    Animal
    Blind
    Backstabber
34. A Year Without Rain | Selena Gomez & The Scene
    Sales: 125,000
    Even though it's not the best pop album out there I enjoy it (guilty pleasure)and has some solid pop songs. I don't really think I like the whole album, it must've been a "filler" if you ask me cause it only lasted for a week I think!

Top Tracks:

A Year Without Rain
    Live Like There's No Tomorrow
    Round & Round
    Rock God
    Ghost of You
33. Who You Are | Jessie J
    Sales: 191,000
    When I was drunk on Price Tag this album charted though I got tired of it quickly. It's a good pop effort but definitely not the best out there at all and her voice gets too annoying sometimes but overall it has some good songs. I really don;t have much to say for this. Good album, but overrated.

Top Tracks:

Nobody's Perfect
    Abracadabra
    Price Tag
    Do It Like A Dude
    Domino
32. It's Better If You Don't Understand EP | Bruno Mars
    Sales: 227,000
    This Bruno Mars EP charted while I was addicted to him early in the year. Even though it has only 4 songs, I think it's a very strong effort and better than some LP's! I don't like the long title though but it's a great one and I think taken from the track "The Other Side". I also love the cover, so cute! It's not the only EP to chart though. More Bruno to be seen!

Top Tracks:

The Other Side ft. B.o.B & Cee Lo Green
    Talking To The Moon
    Count On Me
    Somewhere In Brooklyn
    *That's all the tracks*
31. Jason Derulo | Jason Derulo
    Sales: 368,000
    Jason Derulo's debut album charted for a few weeks and has probably sold more in my chart than in real life! I admit he's not the best but he is very underrated as there are some real gems in this album (Ridin' Solo is one of the best Hip Hop/ R&B singles in the recent years!). He is also an acceptable songwriter. This isn't the last of him yet.

Top Tracks:

Encore
    What If
    Blind
    Ridin' Solo
    The Sky Is The Limit
30. Mi Delirio | Anahi
    Sales: 378,000
    This was the highest Latin album of 2011 (and only the second one to chart). This was Anahi's 5th album and first after leaving the mega group, RBD. Even though it didn't do well it is certainly the best of any other member in that Mexican group and well ahead of it's time when it was released. This album cemented the fact that she is my favourite RBD member.

Top Tracks:

No Te Quiero Olvidar
    Hasta Que Llegues Tú
    Para Qué
    Queiro
    Mi Delirio
The first couple of albums :D I promise it will get better! :oops: :lol:
swiftie13
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:14 pm

crazycrazy wrote:#0? :lol: <3

(ps the album was actually shortlisted but just missed out for it originally...little known fact.) :P
Yes lol #0 >>>>> :lol: :P

and she is? cool! :D
swiftie13
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 pm

swiftie13 wrote:

No way back when it was released it was considered for that prize but wasn't in the final list. :(
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:22 pm

crazycrazy wrote:
swiftie13 wrote:

No way back when it was released it was considered for that prize but wasn't in the final list. :(
Oh.. :lol: :P and Bill the lyrical content in her debut and Taylor's aren't that much different except for some.. I am just wondering what's worng with Taylor :oops: :oops: :cry: :lol: :P I hope you'll at least enjoy it when you get to it, but I won't be surprised if you dismiss it.

and expect Amy here :wink:
swiftie13
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:25 pm

35. Animal | Ke$ha

These are all great, especially Jessie's one :D
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Actually it's funny you mention the similarities there, I can sense the occasional lyrical similarity (mainly on a few tracks on her debut)...but I don't know Amy has this thing about her which is different to Swift. There's so much emotion and sincerity and her voice is absolutely gorgeous, I just don't feel that way for Taylor. One of Amy's demos which is called Don't You Worry is technically a pretty dull track but her voice makes it listenable, Taylor doesn't have that ability in my opinion. :wink:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby ThomyX » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:30 pm

35. Animal | Ke$ha

I love these! :D Haven't heard Bruno's EP, even though I like him.
And I know Belinda, actually! :P But only if she's the same Belinda as the one who sings 'Egoista' with Pitbull...that's the only song I know that features an artist called Belinda! :lol:
ThomyX
Superstar

Postby Noahh » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:52 am

Woo for Animal, It's Better If You Don't Understand and Jason Derulo!! All three are great albums!! :D

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts