Rihanna - Talk That Talk

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby sbk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:56 pm

abi wrote:"Birthday Cake" is already #45 on Urban with 367 bullet. Gorl, Def Jam needs to do something with it. Re-send "Talk That Talk" for adds or make "Cake" as the official single.
Such a shame, Talk That Talk is a much better song than Cake
User avatar
sbk
Superstar
 
Posts: 5122
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007

Postby Frederic » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:22 pm

What an AWFUL era. Birthday Cake would make it her fourth lacklustre single in a row. I'm so disappointed with her. :(
User avatar
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad
 
Posts: 24010
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005
Location: Belgium

Postby Noahh » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Frederic wrote:What an AWFUL era. Birthday Cake would make it her fourth lacklustre single in a row. I'm so disappointed with her. :(
OMG IKR? The single choices have been horrible so far. Birthday Cake as her fourth single would really kill this era! :-?

I don't get how she releases songs like Talk That Talk and now possibly Birthday Cake, when you have amazing songs like Drunk On Love and Where Have You Been that are screaming for a release. It's stupid really! :roll:

Also if she really wants that urban single, I'd much prefer her to release Watch N' Learn instead of Birthday Cake...
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
User avatar
Noahh
Legend
 
Posts: 31163
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Jesper » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:36 pm

this era is just a big mess :lol:
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24862
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby RichyRich » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:41 pm

I knew this would happen. This is why when "You Da One" failed to show longevity, they should have released Talk that Talk or "Where Have You Been." I realize they chose Talk That Talk but where the hell is the video? Now she went and made this high profile collaboration which is overshadowing the current single.

Either way this album seems to be stuck on We Found Love. I don't think there is any denying that. :lol:
Azealia Banks is the future!
RIP Whitney!
User avatar
RichyRich
Manager
 
Posts: 1464
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010

Postby abi » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:51 pm

^I know right. "We Found Love" is still HUGE! :lol: I mean like, it's still #2 on the airplay chart after 309237895 weeks, and decreasing very slowly.

But anyway, I didn't like "Birthday Cake" at first too but considering the hypes surrounding it are very big, I don't see nothing wrong to release it as a single except that they announced the "shocking collaboration" too early, I mean they should've focused on "Talk That Talk" first before building the hype for "Birthday Cake"'s full version/remix with Chris.

"Talk That Talk" could've been a "What's My Name"-size of crossover hit while I can only see "Cake" smashing on Urban (and probably Rhythmic) so she could release "Where Have You Been" to the Pop market at the same time.
User avatar
abi
Legend
 
Posts: 33600
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007
Location: Planet Earth

Postby Frederic » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:31 pm

The thing is, things have started going downhill for her after WFL (yeah people, don't give me the "that song is still smashing" crap) and the whole CB thing is putting her right back in the spotlight. That's what it's all about.
User avatar
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad
 
Posts: 24010
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005
Location: Belgium

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Its gonna be ok people geeeze. Y'all realize she only promoted on Ellen and the Grammys. She has plenty of places to go and promote this. And Birthday Cake won't get released to iTunes so I think it'll be okay.
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
User avatar
ThaInfo1
Legend
 
Posts: 22503
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006
Location: Wherever your fine daddy is at.

Postby jpguy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Where HAve You Been will be HUUGE believe me, it's gonna smash the charts and hit # 1 everywwhere... it's just way too hot and addicting and immediate!
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
User avatar
jpguy
Legend
 
Posts: 24562
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007
Location: Xtina's Closet.

Postby SG1401 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:35 pm

I love where have you been but it's just a WFL part II tbh the whole era has been overshadowed by WFL unfortunately
User avatar
SG1401
Superstar
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009
Location: The Roof

Postby Jesper » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:02 pm

jpguy wrote:Where HAve You Been will be HUUGE believe me, it's gonna smash the charts and hit # 1 everywwhere... it's just way too hot and addicting and immediate!
it will, I just want it to be released a little later, I wnat a proper release for TTT, if WHYB could have the same kind of longtivity as WFL than I rather see it being released around summer
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24862
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby SG1401 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:22 am

Day 1: Birthday Cake: 3.834 (+ 2.852)
Day 2: Birthday Cake: 5.737 (+ 1.903)
Day 3: Birthday Cake: 7.580 (+ 1.843)
Day 4: Birthday Cake: 10.086 (+ 2.506)
User avatar
SG1401
Superstar
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009
Location: The Roof

Postby Loveguru » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:25 am

i agree.

We found love has been a killer hit that destroyed the whole era!

It's like you wish she has Talk that talk as lead then we found love as number 2
Forever Young
User avatar
Loveguru
Legend
 
Posts: 17656
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009

Postby Guru » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:12 pm

WFL did ish for this era!!! She is far from platinum and just over gold!!!! And a single that was 10 weeks at #1 (or more) :roll:
The album's good but it feels/sounds rushed to me!!!

Next album please!!!

I'm struggling to understand how artists like Rihanna, GaGa can get it all wrong coming from such a massive previous era??? Over hype much??? :roll:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 25507
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby Loveguru » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:16 pm

That is the point We found love doesn;t sell Albums but it became a too big of a hit in all formats that any follow up single ( even if it were rolling in the deep ) would have flopped
Forever Young
User avatar
Loveguru
Legend
 
Posts: 17656
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009

Postby SG1401 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:28 pm

preyan wrote:WFL did ish for this era!!! She is far from platinum and just over gold!!!! And a single that was 10 weeks at #1 (or more) :roll:
The album's good but it feels/sounds rushed to me!!!

Next album please!!!

I'm struggling to understand how artists like Rihanna, GaGa can get it all wrong coming from such a massive previous era??? Over hype much??? :roll:
That's because it was recorded in spare moments during the LOUD tour
User avatar
SG1401
Superstar
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009
Location: The Roof

Postby Rihab » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:55 pm

She should concentrate on Talk That Talk now and shoot a video for it, then she should wait at least 2 months until Talk That Talk and Take Care are decreasing again, then she should release Where Have You Been.
It still could become THE summer hit of the year everywhere, it just has to get a great video.
Then she can end the era with Roc Me Out or Drunk On Love, even though I'm pretty sure the latter would bomb in the US.

If everything works out well this era will end up above Rated R's numbers for sure, won't reach LOUD's ones though, 4.5 Million would be perfect so it can pass the 5 Million mark in the long run.

I'm sure she'll kill off this era in August, but therefore I want the next one to be major, in both music and chart performance. New style (BLACK HAIR!), new type of music (not another mash-up of Rated R, LOUD and TTT), re-release, 2 years at least.
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 18564
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby Jesper » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Rihab95 wrote:She should concentrate on Talk That Talk now and shoot a video for it, then she should wait at least 2 months until Talk That Talk and Take Care are decreasing again, then she should release Where Have You Been.
It still could become THE summer hit of the year everywhere, it just has to get a great video.
Then she can end the era with Roc Me Out or Drunk On Love, even though I'm pretty sure the latter would bomb in the US.

If everything works out well this era will end up above Rated R's numbers for sure, won't reach LOUD's ones though, 4.5 Million would be perfect so it can pass the 5 Million mark in the long run.

I'm sure she'll kill off this era in August, but therefore I want the next one to be major, in both music and chart performance. New style (BLACK HAIR!), new type of music (not another mash-up of Rated R, LOUD and TTT), re-release, 2 years at least.
I agree
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24862
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby HBIC » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Where that Rusko track though... >_>
User avatar
HBIC
Legend
 
Posts: 15986
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010
Location: Scotland

Postby UKMusicLova » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:59 pm

jamesssxD wrote:Where that Rusko track though... >_>
True talk. I hope she releases it on her next album or it at least gets given to Rita Ora or someone :lol:

I'd hate "We Found Love" to be the only top 10 single of this era. It's been soooo big though and crazy longetivity overshadowing all her other songs.

They should have released:

1. We Found Love
2. Talk That Talk
3. Drunk On Love
4. Roc Me Out
5. Red Lipstick
6. Farewell

"You Da One" should have been missed out and just "We Found Love" as the only single until now. Adele's label did it right in the US by waiting ages before releasing "Someone Like You" there.
User avatar
UKMusicLova
Legend
 
Posts: 30669
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006
Location: On a Cosmic journey

Postby LetMeLoveU » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:47 pm

SG1401 wrote:Day 1: Birthday Cake: 3.834 (+ 2.852)
Day 2: Birthday Cake: 5.737 (+ 1.903)
Day 3: Birthday Cake: 7.580 (+ 1.843)
Day 4: Birthday Cake: 10.086 (+ 2.506)
sick!!! do they play the interlude or remix??
i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!
User avatar
LetMeLoveU
Superstar
 
Posts: 6153
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005
Location: the big blue ball next to the moon

Postby ECE » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 am

Girls. gurls. gwerls

So I was in DA club and the dj played:

We found love x2
Talk that talk
Roc me out
Where have you been
Birthday cake x2

S&M

Rude boy

Umbrella

I danced da sh!t out of it and so did da whole club. I mean , who waz da dj? Rudeboi?!! <333

:lol: #dizzy
User avatar
ECE
Superstar
 
Posts: 7336
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011

Postby Loveguru » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:04 am

UKMusicLova wrote:
jamesssxD wrote:Where that Rusko track though... >_>
True talk. I hope she releases it on her next album or it at least gets given to Rita Ora or someone :lol:

I'd hate "We Found Love" to be the only top 10 single of this era. It's been soooo big though and crazy longetivity overshadowing all her other songs.

They should have released:

1. We Found Love
2. Talk That Talk
3. Drunk On Love
4. Roc Me Out
5. Red Lipstick
6. Farewell

"You Da One" should have been missed out and just "We Found Love" as the only single until now. Adele's label did it right in the US by waiting ages before releasing "Someone Like You" there.
Adele bit is a bit flawed because she could have released it earlier and it would have smashed.
Forever Young
User avatar
Loveguru
Legend
 
Posts: 17656
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009

Postby LetMeLoveU » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:17 am

finally im feeling this album :D

i still love rated r than this and gggb
i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!
User avatar
LetMeLoveU
Superstar
 
Posts: 6153
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005
Location: the big blue ball next to the moon

Postby Pompeii » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:40 pm

ECE wrote:I danced da sh!t out of it and so did da whole club. I mean , who waz da dj? Rudeboi?!! <333

:lol: #dizzy
Yup you know this! 8-)
User avatar
Pompeii
Legend
 
Posts: 14030
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010
Location: Germany

Return to The Retro