Postby huynhicq » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 pm

4 mil tracks / 16 = 250,000 - of course its possible :wink:
huynhicq
Roadie

Postby CountryMan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 pm

"Thus far, Red has sold 4.5 million song downloads at iTunes in the U.S. alone"

this includes sales since the August release of "Never Ever..."

http://taylorswift.com/news/105831

"Taylor Swift is omnipresent as Big Machine launches her album Red, which amassed 3.8 million song downloads before its Oct. 22 release."

page 9 http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/photos/p ... e_1022.pdf
Last edited by CountryMan on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CountryMan
Manager

Postby Ivica » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:17 pm

I Knew You Were Trouble is a MONSTER, I need this to be official single ASAP!!
Ivica
Legend

Postby lambforever » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:36 am

nickf1 wrote:I Knew You Were Trouble is a MONSTER, I need this to be official single ASAP!!
yes i hope her team pushes this for the next single
Mariah,whitney,Janet ,Celine ,Diana =legends (ultimate divas
lambforever
Manager

Postby swiftie13 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:52 am

YES! Release Trouble after Never for pop and after that 22! Summer smash!
God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby arab » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:59 am

nickf1 wrote:I Knew You Were Trouble is a MONSTER, I need this to be official single ASAP!!
Hope live performances will be better than Never Ever, cause she can't sing this song live :lol:
arab
Coldplayer

Postby pollei » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:24 am

I think it's time to say that I'm finally in love with the album. 8-)
It's so good. It's probably the best release of 2012 for me.
pollei
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:45 am

This is my favourite 2012 album :cry: I knew it would be before I even bought it. So epic, I cannot pick a favourite!
swiftie13
Legend

Postby Floscination » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:44 am

Am I the only one in love with Treacherous? It's soooo gorgeous!
Floscination
Groupie

Postby Michiel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:05 pm

My little review:

1) State Of Grace(7/10): I like the song as opener, but it doesn't have enough flesh around it. It doesn't come as hard to me... Dunno why, it just doesn't take me away. A nice opener nonetheless. I really like the part from 2:20 - 2:32 and the oh oh oh in the chorus.

2) Red(9/10): Love this one, liked it from the beginning. Pretty lyrics and catchy rhythm. I give it a 9 becaue her live performances of this song lack something. But I like it way more than the title tracks of her previous albums.

3) Treacherous(6.5/10): Just like state of grace it doesn't take me away. I think the song lingers on too much. It has nice lyrics (like most of her songs) but the instrumental is lacking something. I think it's a weird choice to put it as a 3rd song on the album. It's the weakest song on the album for me. But it's still good you know... Maybe with some more time I'll appreciate it more.

4) I Knew You Were Trouble(9/10): Taylor spreading her wings musically and it works on this one. It's catchy, good lyrics and the instrumental is kick ass. Considering the digital succes of this song I see it getting single treatment at one point.

5) All Too Well(10/10): One of the best songs on the album for me (or the best). Lyrically it's a masterpiece. These are the songs I love from taylor. A story telling heartbreak story. It builds up to a climax and ends with the final chapter of the story. Making it a round and emotional story. I wish she kept the 10 minute song hehe... It's really beautiful...

6) 22(8/10): Bit too poppy and juvenile for me but at the same time I like it alot. It's really catchy lol and makes you wanna jump around like a 8 year old. I'm 22 at the moment so you would guess I could relate to it, but I can't actually lol. She's describing summer I had when I was 18 or something. Nonetheless it could be a single to attract younger audience. I can see it becomming a hit :)

7) I Almost Do(8/10): Nice ballad and I should love it because it's kind of in the same vein as all too well. But the latter one is a staircase higher for me. I should listen to this one more, not as instant for me.

8) We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together(10/10): Her best first single to date. Though I loved mine too. This one is just more universal. It's extremely catchy, everybody wants to jump around on it. Very instant. The rest is already history.

9) Stay Stay Stay(9/10): Makes me happy! The laugh at the end is extremely cute. Such a cute song!

10) The Last Time(feat. Gary Lightbody)(10/10): I wasn't mad about it when I first heard it. But now it just blows me away... Their voices blend so well together... Touching lyrics... Perfect blending of lyrics, voices, production and stripped down at the same time. What do you need more?

11) Holy Ground(9/10): I would give it a 10, but the lyrics lack something for me (especially at the ending). That's also why I think the songs lingers too long at the end. But nonetheless I always shake my bottom when the beat settles in.

12) Sad Beautiful Tragic(9/10): First of all she should make more songs like this. The beat takes you to a magical world. It's haunting and touching. The lyrics could've been more touching though. I love it but it just doesn't touch me enough to give it a 10. The production and vocals are flawless though.

13) The Lucky One(9/10): I love the story telling lyrics (always a plus with me, that's one of the reasons I love myself some country music). The beat reminds me of some 70's hit or something. I like this song alot. It could be more challenging though. I mean by that that some taylor songs need time to grasp it, this one is a bit too obvious or something. For example 2 black cadillacs (carrie underwood) is also a story telling song but it's more haunting and more explorable or something.

14) Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran)(8/10): I like the stripped down feeling on it. But the other duet is better for me. Maybe I should listen to this one more (Like 'I Almost Do'). I think it's nice listen though.

15) Starlight(10/10): Should be a single for me. It's a bit juveline but at the same time it's for everyone. I get lovestory vibes from this one. I LOVE the part when the chorus kicks in 'Oh my what a marvelous tune'.

16) Begin Again(9/10): Amazing ballad to end the (regular) album. I wasn't too mad about it in the beginning but now I'm really starting too love it. A grower for me, but a grower in the upper class.

17) The Moment I Knew(9/10): I love this song and the construnction of it. It touches me.

18) Come Back... Be here(7/10): Bit meh. It's a nice song though, but nothing special. It has nothing that makes me notice it more. I need to listen to this one a bit more, and give it a chance.

19) Girl At Home(8/10): I like the song. The lyrics flow very nicely in the verses. The Chorus is a bit tacky and nothing impressive though. It's the 'Achilles heel' of the song ;)

She did it again. She may be seen as overrated by some, but that's logical when you have that much of success. Not everybody can Like you. But the girl a lyrical genius, ain't no denying that. I'm a huge fan of her work and I feel bounded to her in some songs, we're also the same age and our birthday is only a few days apart from each other. Stupid detail I know lol.

I wanna ask everybody to give the album a chance. The album is not as instant as speak now or fearless. It's def her most mature work to date. Once you get into the album you will love it and you will be swept away for a few months... The girl has huge standards and you expect much after speak now and fearless (Well I did), it's hard to do always better. But she was smart and explored her music more and she did not try to copy her previous work. Which is another sign of her huge talent. I'm blessed to live during the 'taylor swift era'. Her music is for all ages, which is quite unique. She can go catchy/pop/fun/simple, but at the same time there is so much flesh on her songs. And once again she didn't fail... The only thing I would want again is that she incorporates more country elements in her music. Just because I love it, but at the same time it was her choice and I understand why. This album is growth once again...

(sorry for my english in some sentences, I do my best)
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:36 pm

The Last Time is just a classic Snow Patrol song! Love it! 8-)
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby HBIC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Floscination wrote:Am I the only one in love with Treacherous? It's soooo gorgeous!
Nah, I love it too! her vocals, the production, the "I like it..." part :cry:
HBIC
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 pm

oasisbobo wrote:The Last Time is just a classic Snow Patrol song! Love it! 8-)
Yes it is very Snow Patrol featuring Taylor Swift but I love her for going there!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby oasisbobo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:59 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:
Yes it is very Snow Patrol featuring Taylor Swift but I love her for going there!
Me too!

I really need to buy her 4 albums :)
oasisbobo
Legend

Postby topopMAC1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:00 pm

The album is #1 in the UK midweeks, outselling Emeli Sande by two copies to one! Very pleased for her. :D

From the Official Charts Company:

Taylor Swift to score first UK Number 1 album
24/10/2012
By Dan Lane

Taylor Swift is on course for her highest charting UK album to date as her fourth full-length Red leads the race to Number 1 on Sunday’s Official Albums Chart.

Lead by lead single We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Swift says the album’s title was inspired by the “crazy, insane and intense relationships” she’s had over the past two years.

“All those emotions — spanning from intense love, intense frustration, jealousy, confusion, all of that — in my mind, all those emotions are red,” she told US magazine Entrainment Weekly. “You know, there’s nothing in between. There’s nothing beige about any of those feelings."

The 22-year-old US pop princess’s previous two UK album releases, 2009’s Fearless and 2010’s Speak Now, peaked at Number 5 and Number 6, respectively.

Red is currently outselling the Number 2 album, the deluxe edition of Emeli Sande’s Our Version Of Events, by two copies to one.

British pop rockers Lawson look set to capitalise on their string of Top 10 hits with a Top 10 album. The quartet’s debut album, Chapman Square, is at Number 3 today.

This week’s Official Albums Chart Update Top 5 is completed by Jake Bugg’s self-titled debut album (Number4) and Mumford And Sons’ Babel (5).

New Entries And Highest Climbers

N-Dubz star Dappy will no doubt be getting his hanky ready after joking in the Daily Star this morning that he’d “curl up in a ball and cry” if his debut album, Bad Intentions, doesn’t go to Number 1 on Sunday. Bad Intentions, which features six Top 40 singles (including the Official Number 1 hit No Regrets) is at Number 6 in today’s Official Albums Chart Update.

Slipknot duo Corey Taylor and Jim Root are new in at Number 7 with House Of Gold And Bones Part 1, the fourth release form their side-project Stone Sour. Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett looks set to debut at Number 11 with his new solo album, Genesis Revisited II, while English folk singer Kate Rusby’s tenth album, 20, is new in at Number 15.

Irish singer Daniel O’Donnell is at Number 16 today with his 43rd album, Songs From The Movies And More, while King’s Lynn rockers Deaf Havana look set to make their Top 40 debut with their second full-length, Fools And Worthless Liars, at 28. This week’s new entries are completed by the 25th anniversary edition of former Genesis frontman Peter Gabriel’s fifth solo album, So, which is currently at Number 30.
"This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"
topopMAC1
Legend

Postby Woaah » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Delighted to see her having a #1 album in the UK. She's always been known over here, but her music never sold incredibly well, so this is great news.

I think it's a brilliant album. Perhaps it's not as strong as "Fearless", but still a very strong effort. My favourites at the moment are 'I Knew You Were Trouble' and 'Begin Again'.

The booklet is also fab. The photos are gorgeous and the design looks really good. The only thing that annoys me is the random capitalisation of certain letters in the song lyrics. Yeah I know I'm being picky. :lol:
Woaah
Superstar

Postby swiftie13 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Woaah wrote:Delighted to see her having a #1 album in the UK. She's always been known over here, but her music never sold incredibly well, so this is great news.

I think it's a brilliant album. Perhaps it's not as strong as "Fearless", but still a very strong effort. My favourites at the moment are 'I Knew You Were Trouble' and 'Begin Again'.

The booklet is also fab. The photos are gorgeous and the design looks really good. The only thing that annoys me is the random capitalisation of certain letters in the song lyrics. Yeah I know I'm being picky. :lol:
LOL well they aren't so random haha.. They are her signature messages haha.. I can see why it would bother you though LOL
oasisbobo wrote:
king_oxymoron wrote:
Me too!

I really need to buy her 4 albums :)
This song is so perfect :cry: Their voices blend perfectly, and I love how this is an actually a duet :cry: The music is very Snow Patrol, I love it, yet has that TS thing. One of the best off this album and I think it sounds like SP ft. TS at first cause he begins it and is present through it all, either way, perfect. And yay oasis, get them 4 masterpieces! LOL
swiftie13
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:48 pm

I thought Jake Bugg was #1!? :lol: She better not...
Why do I love you so if you're just a spec of dust, floating endlessly amongst the trillion stars?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Floscination wrote:Am I the only one in love with Treacherous? It's soooo gorgeous!
I love it too, one of my favorite songs on the album!
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby swiftie13 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:00 pm

crazycrazy wrote:I thought Jake Bugg was #1!? :lol: She better not...
She better .. will.. :lol: XD this album is perfection :cry: Her best by far.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Okay, I think it's pretty safe for me to declare Red as one of my fave records of 2012 thus far. Everything sounds so much better on the second listen! :D T-Swift never disappoints! 8-)
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16 am

JSparksFan wrote:Okay, I think it's pretty safe for me to declare Red as one of my fave records of 2012 thus far. Everything sounds so much better on the second listen! :D T-Swift never disappoints! 8-)
2nd? I'm on my 12th! :cry: :lol: :lol:
swiftie13
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:44 am

swiftie13
Legend

Postby lambforever » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:29 am

happy to see her on her way to getting a #1 uk album ..its about time :D
Mariah,whitney,Janet ,Celine ,Diana =legends (ultimate divas
lambforever
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:04 am

swiftie13 wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:Okay, I think it's pretty safe for me to declare Red as one of my fave records of 2012 thus far. Everything sounds so much better on the second listen! :D T-Swift never disappoints! 8-)
2nd? I'm on my 12th! :cry: :lol: :lol:
Twelve times? :o You're crazy! :lol:

Born To Die is my most played album of the year and I'm not even sure I've spun that one twelve times (in full, at least) in the past ten months!
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to Pure Pop