Ariana Grande

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby Youknowit » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:01 am

I think it's time we make a topic for this rising star.
Andrew Jackson Jihad || Death Grips || Drake || Johnny Cash || Lana Del Rey || Rihanna || Sam Smith || Taylor Swift || The White Stripes
Youknowit
Manager

Postby Tansike » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:10 am

i LOVE her. She's such a sweetheart.

I started to love her when i saw her on Victorious for the first time. I checked some youtube video later (Rolling In The Deep, some performances like the Born This Way / Only Girl mash up etc.) so i knew she could sing. After the disappointing "Put Your Hearts Up" i never expected her to slay the (US-)charts like she's doing right now!

Can't wait for her album
Tansike
Legend

Postby MsWeiss » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:31 am

She's the devil. She's homophobic, lies about not being Mexican, and copies Ashanti.
She's basically just Ashanti with a whistle register
She is evil
MsWeiss
Manager

Postby kylespearsfenty » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:34 am

MsWeiss wrote:She's the devil. She's homophobic, lies about not being Mexican, and copies Ashanti.
She is evil
i call bullshit
Her older brother is gay, and she interacts with LOHANTHONY (youtube's favorite flamer)
I would tell you haters to **** off, but I'm still such a lady...
BUY CIARA
kylespearsfenty
Groupie

Postby MsWeiss » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:41 am

MsWeiss
Manager

Postby samra » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:15 am

I expect big things from this girl.

I remember randomly seeing Put Your Hearts Up shortly after it debuted and I was like "Lol who is this? This is so basic. She has no chance." but 'The Way' totally changed that.
Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE
samra
Superstar

Postby xxx145 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:30 am

I can't wait for her new album! She's got an amazing voice. I love The Way and Baby I, I think I'll be listening to it whole summer. :D
xxx145
Personal Assistant

Postby GetBack » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:21 pm

I can't wait for her album! :D :D
GetBack
Legend

Postby MonaBlissa » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:52 pm

MsWeiss wrote:She's the devil. She's homophobic, lies about not being Mexican, and copies Ashanti.
She is evil
You may be right about the Ashanti comparison. She may belt better than early Ashanti, but her belts, tone, and everything else is weak compared to early Mariah, but her potential is endless if her voice is preserved.
MonaBlissa
Manager

Postby WakeUpMusic » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:21 pm

I think she has the same problem as Beyonce - Her vibrato is freaking annoying
Welcome to the underworld
Where the love's at first sight
The kind that we like
Under, under, under, underworld
WakeUpMusic
Manager

Postby RayRay » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm really impressed with her imitations. She can do a lot of stuff with her voice.
RayRay
Legend

Postby GetBack » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:22 pm

She is the new vocalist to watch! I'm surprise with how "The Way" is becoming a huge hit for her, it's a bubblegum pop song but her vocals increased the hype and popularity.
GetBack
Legend

Postby xxx145 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:55 am

Right There - Ariana Grande (feat. Big Sean)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiiRTYRg-qU

The beginning sounds exactly like "The Way" but the rest is ok, I like it.
xxx145
Personal Assistant

Postby GetBack » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:44 am

Austin Mahone, Ariana Grande Set To Party At The VMA Pre-Show!
The rising pop stars will perform at the VMA pre-show, live at 8 p.m. ET/PT from Brooklyn
By MTV News Staff

We already know who's performing at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards — Katy, Kanye, Gaga and Miley (to name just a few) — but now, we know who will help kick things off during the pre-show.

Two of pop music's brightest young stars, Austin Mahone and Ariana Grande, have been confirmed as performers at the show before the show, but they're not the only ones joining the pre-show party: dynamic duo Nervo will be there too, serving as guest DJs on the red carpet!

Mahone, a VMA nominee in the Artist To Watch category, will serenade the streets of Brooklyn with his single "What about Love" from his debut album, due later this year. He'll also perform a special pop-up show on Saturday, August 24, as part of a week-long series of free VMA concerts happening throughout New York City and Brooklyn, and he'll co-host MTV's "10 on Top," which airs that same day at 12:30 p.m. ET/PT.

Grande will perform a pair of songs during the pre-show: "The Way" and "Baby I," from her upcoming album Yours Truly. She'll also co-host this week's episode of MTV's "10 on Top" on Saturday, August 17 at 12:30 p.m. ET/PT.

The 2013 VMA pre-show airs live on Sunday, August 25 at 8 p.m. ET/PT from outside the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, with MTV News' Sway Calloway, James Montgomery and Christina Garibaldi bringing you all of the action and interviews with the hottest names in music ... and it all leads up to the big show itself, the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, live at 9 p.m. ET/PT!

SOURCE
GetBack
Legend

Postby RayRay » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:26 pm

I love her new song/video "Almost Is Never Enough" with Nathan Sykes. Beautiful ballad!
RayRay
Legend

Postby ginnyfan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:30 pm

Ariana had a scary experience! :o

The scariest thing in the world just happened to me omg @isaacboots @allisonkaye @jonescrow somebody wake up

I have to explain to u all what's happening

So we went to 1 of the "most haunted" cemeteries in the world tonight because we're all messed up / stupid & wanted something scary 2 happen

And I took a photo of a tree outside the cemetery... Completely normal photo with nothing abnormal in it...

And then I took a photo of the same exact tree about a minute later and there are 2 shockingly obvious faces in it... Like... It's so scary

I'm too scared to post the photo because like I'm actually really terrified you guys know how I am about this stuff I usually love all this

But I have a weird terrified superstition about posting the photo and I don't want to share it with you all because its actually shocking...

But that's not even the scariest part of the story..... So my mom told me a million times to delete it off my phone because she was scared

But I of course kept it I don't want to delete it because secretly I think it's amazing and really cool... But here's the scariest part...

So I was just asleep and was woken up by a text from NO NUMBER......... Like no number texted me... And I opened it and it was the photo....

I'm actually terrified I should've listened to @scooterbraun and not gone omgmgmmgg ok and now when I close my eyes I only see the faces omg

So that's my ghost / demon experience this far hope u hear from me tomorrow / I don't die night / if not it was nice knowing u bye

But why 2 days before the album tho..... Like couldn't the demon have come for me after?

Giving me Scooby Doo teas!

She's too cute, even when being haunted. :D
BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE
ginnyfan
Superstar

Postby Jesper » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ariana sis
Jesper
Legend

Postby abi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:52 pm

abi
Legend

Postby xxx145 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:39 pm

She's really versatile and got an amazing voice. I've watched this performance of Tattooed Heart like 10 times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4_fZwxfwwk
xxx145
Personal Assistant

Postby adam1234 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:01 pm

RayRay wrote:I love her new song/video "Almost Is Never Enough" with Nathan Sykes. Beautiful ballad!
I feel the same about this song :)
adam1234
Groupie

Postby cabanaboy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:09 pm

^ I would love to be slayed with performance at the grammy's of Almost Is Never Enough.
Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.
cabanaboy
Superstar

Postby CasualFlow » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:36 pm

The album is great. I've been spinning it all day. "Daydreamin'" is my favorite. But "Popular Song" is a close second.
CasualFlow
Legend

Postby RayRay » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Such a shame they changed the album sleeve. I prefered the picture with Ariana on the bed of roses.
RayRay
Legend

Postby GetBack » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:20 am

GetBack
Legend

Postby RayRay » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Deluxe Edition (Bonus Tracks):

13. The Way (Remix) [feat. Fabolous]
14. Supervised (feat. Justin Bieber)
15. Direct Contact (feat. Demi Lovato)

Does this really exist?
RayRay