30. Never Felt This Way (Interlude)
Good choice to start the countdown!
AMAZING!!! Her first album is still her best.
28. Like You'll Never See Me Again
Not a big fan.
27. If I Was Your Woman/Walk On By
The instrumental here is sick!
26. A Woman's Worth
I really like it, though in small doses.
The chorus sometimes puts me off, but piano notes are awesome.
24. Put It In A Love Song (feat. Beyoncé)
I like their energy but it's not memorable.
23. Wake Up
22. It's on Again (feat. Pharrell & Kendrick Lamar
Urgh, this is so weak!
21. How It Feels To Fly
Superb, it gives me chills.
19. Lovin U
Always loved it, along the years I kind of forgot it though.
18. New Day
17. When You Really Love Someone
This is one of my favorites. The whole track is phenomenal.
16. Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)
When the first notes start I feel something down my stomach. Beautiful, beautiful!
15. That's How Strong My Love Is
Ohh this is great! Such a crescendo in the structure, love it!
I can see while people like it, but it was never between my faves.
13. Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
This is ace. Killer beat!
12. Doesn't Mean Anything
It's a strong song, but I agree, it does sound like other by her.
11. Diary (feat. Tony! Toni! Toné!)
Fantastic! The collaboration really took it to another level.
10. Girl On Fire
This is tiring! Sounds like a rehash of No One...
9. You Don't Know My Name
I agree, such a different tune. Love the spoken part!
8. Wait Til You See My Smile
The piano here is lovely, isn't it? Good #8!
7. Tell You Something (Nana's Reprise)
Indeed good lyrics, still not her best material IMO.
6. Empire State Of Mind (Part II) Broken Down
I like it, she's so creative!!!
5. Wild Horses (feat. Adam Levine)
Oh unexpected! I like it and when I bought the album it was one of my faves - I can't say I listen to it regularly though.
4. If I Ain't Got You
Yeah great single.
[size=135]3. No One
Mixed feelings about it, it's good in its simplicity but the overplay can't be ignored.
What a debut, right?
1. Empire State Of Mind (with Jay-Z)
It's good but it wouldn't even appear inside my Top 30 tbh.
It's hard to rank her albums (Element, As I Am and The Diary have awesome moments), but I still think her debut is unparalleled. So young but so mature in the songwriting - and musically it was very different from everything at that time.