UKMIX Countdowns - Request Thread

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, tdc2000

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:53 pm

^ What was the old account?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Straithlin » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:21 pm

Plym wrote:trust you to RUIN everyones fun! :roll:
you did this with your old account that was banned and now you just cant stop causing trouble with this one
I have never been banned from this site. Had I been so, I woule have already filed legal action.
Straithlin
Groupie

Postby Straithlin » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:23 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:^ What was the old account?
There is no old sccount. Well not for me anyways thst has been banned. But that'll be their latest spin to attempt to discredit me,

So far,t Herve followed every Internet trope to do (discredit) me. Quite predictable.
Straithlin
Groupie

Postby matthew_dixon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:36 pm

Straithlin wrote:Can the moderators please provide contact information. My lawyer wishes to send a registered letter of complaint sbout inequality,
Could you provide me with contact details for your lawyer? I've messaged Lars, and he'd like me to get in touch with him directly to see if we can sort this out...
matthew_dixon
Site Editor

Postby Straithlin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:17 am

matthew_dixon wrote:
Straithlin wrote:Can the moderators please provide contact information. My lawyer wishes to send a registered letter of complaint sbout inequality,
Could you provide me with contact details for your lawyer? I've messaged Lars, and he'd like me to get in touch with him directly to see if we can sort this out...
BS. Of Lars has something to say, he can say it here.
Straithlin
Groupie

Postby matthew_dixon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:24 am

If your lawyer has something to say, you will provide his details. Until you do, there is absolutely no proof that your lawyer exists.

There is however proof that Lars exists, because you have provided evidence of such yourself :)
matthew_dixon
Site Editor

Postby Straithlin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:18 am

matthew_dixon wrote:If your lawyer has something to say, you will provide his details. Until you do, there is absolutely no proof that your lawyer exists.

There is however proof that Lars exists, because you have provided evidence of such yourself :)
Actually no. All I provided was the Whois listing for Lars.

Which by the way is in violation of Internet polciy because it isn't updated to the current operators of the site.
Straithlin
Groupie

Postby Straithlin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:32 am

Wayne wrote:It is a good idea to keep things organised - but lets get one thing straight here: y'all can keep your hands of the Ultimate Female Acts Countdown.

That's MINE :lol: - it will next be hosted in January 2015! 8-)
And thst right there folks is your elite rulers speaking. I'll fubzr up my countdown but don't sny of you dare touch it's,, and the elite sllow it to go on Coutdown sfter countdown.
Straithlin
Groupie

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:35 am

Yeah Wayne you're not really helping here, you stubborn mess. :lol:

I agree that some shouldn't have ownership over surveys and that anyone should be allowed if they wish but straitlin you are going way overboard with this!
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Straithlin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:37 am

biscuits wrote:
Chun wrote:I guess I killed this thread.
I think a lot of people just don't like the idea of hosting a countdown.

'
So which is itz. Can't sllow open countdowns because they.l flood the forums, or we don't have a lot of countdowns because people don't want to run them.

If people don't want to run them as you claim, then they'd not swarm the forums and not need to be restricted.

In actuality sll you want is control over who gets to do what when. Because you have made it more than clear there's not enough interest to do enough countdowns to break the forums.
Straithlin
Groupie

Postby Straithlin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:41 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:Yeah Wayne you're not really helping here, you stubborn mess. :lol:

I agree that some shouldn't have ownership over surveys and that anyone should be allowed if they wish but straitlin you are going way overboard with this!
Only because they hsve circled the wagons and only allowed themselves to make the rules and control all the activity. Everyone else only gets to do what they don't want to do themselves.

As for Wayne. I understsnd life happens. But to insist sfter you continually fubzr things that only you still get to doing t is ridiculous.

When it was clear Wayne couldn't have handled the survey. He should have either offered someone else to restart it and asked who would like to. Or he could have passed off the data aka votes to again someone thst countered and had thst person finish it.

Instead it will go unfinished for weeks, months, or msnpybe never finished. He already missed his first week of December deadline. But I bet in about a years time he'll start tslking and insisting only he gets todos t yet again,
Straithlin
Groupie

Postby Wayne » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:48 am

Oh piss off already.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby matthew_dixon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:37 am

Straithlin wrote:So which is itz. Can't sllow open countdowns because they.l flood the forums, or we don't have a lot of countdowns because people don't want to run them.
We don't want endless amounts of them flooding the forums. That's why there's a limit to around about 3 at any one time. However, the reason you don't see a really long list like you do with survivors, and the reason you tend to see the same people volunteering to run them, is because few people have the time and patience to run them. Can you point to anywhere in this thread where someone has been told "No, we won't allow someone like you to run a countdown"?
matthew_dixon
Site Editor

Postby lars » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Straithlin wrote:I have never been banned from this site. Had I been so, I woule have already filed legal action.
Well, now you have been banned.

It's great that people are passionate about this site, but if you ever get to the point where you're considering taking legal action because you fell out with the moderators on some Internet forum, then it's probably time for a reality check.

I suggest you go out and see a lawyer for real. The fresh air will do some good for starters. You will quickly find that no lawyer is even remotely interested in any case you might have against UKMIX, but you might get 10 minutes of free consultancy before they start dropping hints that another important client is waiting, and perhaps in that short time you'll learn a thing or two.

If you can find a lawyer who is willing to entertain a case, then either they haven't understood just how trivial the matter is, or else they are not acting ethically and wish to charge you for services that could never be of benefit to you. In either case, they will advise you not to continue posting on UKMIX so as not to prejudice any possible case.

Anyway I hope you get something from this, if only a little fresh air, and if in future you wish to rejoin the forum and are willing to lift the threat, however remote, of legal action then I will consider it.
lars
Code Slayer

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Anyway I want:
Top 100 Male Artists
Top 100 Albums Series (2000-2014) Excluding 2012 as that's been done already. :wink:

Straithlin if you try it, I'll set my lawyer on ya!
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:50 pm

biscuits wrote:5. 70's Albums - jimmypages59
Did this happen?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Benny » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:09 pm

navi wrote:
Benny wrote:I would also like to do a "US #1s Alternative Rock Songs" countdown.
Like participate in this
(i think that you should do separate 20th and 21st century)
Well the alternative rock chart started in 1988 and there have been 323 number ones until now. I'm planing to do one countdown which features all songs. :wink:

CrazyCrazy wrote:
biscuits wrote:5. 70's Albums - jimmypages59
Did this happen?
No, maybe in a parallel universe but not in this one.
Benny
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:58 pm

^ Ah OK! :P

Biscuits, Wayne said to speak to you about the male countdown, I want to start votes ASAP tbh, so please let me know. ;) Ta.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby stevyy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:31 am

Idk where to ask for it, but If nobody else wants to do it. I do the groups countdown. UKmix Favourite Groups/Bands/Duos (with Era, if he wants to do it with me). Let me know when to start, preferably after the male artists countdown is finished, ie january/late january 2015.
stevyy
Legend

Postby BeeFan » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:44 am

Top 100 Disney songs - SholasBoy

did this ever happen? or hosted b anyone else? :o
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Lamhe » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:34 am

I wish for an actors/actress countdown in entertainment sec.
Lamhe
Manager

Postby biscuits » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Lamhe wrote:I wish for an actors/actress countdown in entertainment sec.
Go ahead
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Affillate » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:32 pm

I had an idea for one, might as well put down for it now, but I'd like to do an Ultimate Glee songs/features countdown of the top 100-150 or whatever songs/performances from across the whole series as in the US its nearing the series finale. :)
Affillate
Manager

Postby Benny » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:23 pm

I would like to do a "UK/US #2s of the 90s" countdown :D
Benny
Legend

Postby BeeFan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:34 pm

Here for GLEE ;)
BeeFan
Manager

Return to General Music Discussion