Glee

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:32 pm

Does anyone else get good old Finn/Cory memories when they're trying to hide the new gay quarter back who obviously can't dance?
He was hanging in their by the skin of his teeth on the Clean Bandit song and then they totally hid him at the end.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Spartan » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:35 pm

AussiePopStar8 wrote:Does anyone else get good old Finn/Cory memories when they're trying to hide the new gay quarter back who obviously can't dance?
He was hanging in their by the skin of his teeth on the Clean Bandit song and then they totally hid him at the end.
Yeah I noticed that, except Spencer is actually likable as a character, whereas Finn wasn't most of the time.
If you watch the Cool Kids performance, most of them (bar Kitty, Mason, Madison and Jane) are actually pretty bad and never in time with each other.

I hate that they're wearing those God awful blazers now, just to appease the Warblers.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:04 pm

I hated last weeks episode. I don't get why we get Sue-focused episodes when the show is about the glee club, which was barely featured this week. IT doesn't help that the guest star was Rivera, who i hate since watching Celebrity Apprentice.

Did they really have to burn down the Dalton Academy three episodes before the series ended? I honestly don't get why that happened. If they wanted more glee club members, they could've just picked up some Cheerios to dance behind them like they did in previous seasons. And it wouldn't be that hard now that Sue is out of the picture.

BTW, who is the new principal? Are they bringing Figgins back?

That kid is the new Unique. Unnecessary and annoying characters that should have never been on the show.

On a positive note, I really enjoyed the new song.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Why didn't they think of Jesse St. James from the beginning of the season? He's the ideal choice for Rachel and could've spared all the hate Sam has gotten ever since they hooked up. BTW, isn't she with Sam? Because when she kissed James she seemed to be alright with it.

The sectionals were alright. Take Me To Church and Chandelier were very good, but the third song was a bit forgettable. I would've liked to see Jane featured more.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Era » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:27 pm

Loved this week's episode and I got a bit emotional at the end when they put the trophies back :lol: Aww I remembered when I used to stay up till 1:30am on school nights to catch the show's 2nd and 3rd season :cry: <3

I'm so excited for the finale !!!!
I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you.
Era
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Yeh I must admit that when they finally did the shot of Cory I welled up.
I think next week will be quite a ride for those of us that have been with the show since the beginning.
Glad to see that, even though the "New Directions 3.0" had a very brief shelf life, the new group got their own "moment" in the show and their story was closed out.
There were some very talented young people in the new cast and I'm glad they got their shot.
The flash back/flash forward nature of the finale should be quite interesting and I'm hoping that the show goes out in classic Glee style.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Spartan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Era wrote:Loved this week's episode and I got a bit emotional at the end when they put the trophies back
Glad it wasn't just me. I think next week I'll be bawling throughout, I've already cried at the promo alone. Even though it's a shadow of its former self - I probably have more emotional ties to this show than any other.

This week was good. Like someone else said, it was nice to see the new new Directions get a bit of closure with their storylines - a darn sight more than the S4 newbies got (still fuming about that), but I'm very glad that Kitty was essentially the leader of the new glee club.

I think Sue has ruined this season a bit for me, it's just too much. I liked the scene at the end where she looked in on the glee club and smiled, but everything else was OTT.

I liked having Jonathan Groff back, he and Lea have great chemistry and hopefully made everyone realise how crap a couple Sam and Rachel are.
Spartan
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:55 am

Here's the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r50nzpbcNKM

Looks like Sam gets the cold shoulder for Jesse as Rachel's Finn replacement.
Hopefully they resolve that huge dangling thread but I think they've got too much story to get through to address one ill advised plot point.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby BeeFan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:16 pm

What are you talking about?
BeeFan
Manager

Postby Era » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:41 pm

I don't remember being this emotional watching any series finale EVER :lol: I mean :cry: :cry: It was just so nostalgic and how I remembered all my fav glee moments and the songs and evth and I'm surely satisfied with the finale .... and I'm sure Spartan is happy too as they all called the S4 newbies for the final song 8-) .... phew I'm gonna miss this so much! Glee wasn't just a show I watched for entertainment but bcoz I could relate to it somehow ... for me the last season was very well handled after the season 5 mess (minus the Sue episodes) ... anyway loved it and it'll always be one of my fav shows EVER !!

I'm also so hyped that we'll get to see Lea not so long from now in another show ... so I'm pretty excited for that ! Rachel <3

Cory Monteith <3
I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you.
Era
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:14 am

It's pretty obvious that I haven't been a fan of the last season, but the serious finale was near-perfect. I absolutely loved it.

I can't believe how many times I cried watching the last few episodes. They were incredible. "2009" was so nostalgic and reminded me why I fell in love with this show when it first came out. It was really great watching the start of the glee club from every other original member's perspective, and it was handled excellent.

When I saw them perform "Don't Stop Believin'" I burst in tears. Seeing the iconic performance and Cory Monteith took me back to such great memories. :cry:

"Dreams Come True" was a nice way to show where everyone has ended up. I thought that every character ending was brilliantly done, although they could've chosen a different way to show Kurt and Blaine becoming well-known actors. I would have also liked to see more Santana, Brittany, Quinn and Puck for the finale, but I guess there wasn't much time for them left.

The last performance was great. To be completely honest, I am not sure if "I Lived" was the best song to end the show with, but they did a great job with it. Again, I wanted a bit more Santana in the song, but at least she was there. I was so happy to see some of the secondary characters appear for the performance such as Ryder, Jake and Lauren, but I couldn't help but miss Marley and Rory, which I believe are the only characters to not appear this season.

I am going to miss this show so much. I know I've been moaning about it for the past couple seasons, but its because it had so much potential and it kept on digging its grave with messy storylines. I am glad that it at least managed to get a proper ending, which is not something that happens to most shows nowadays.

Thank you for everything Glee. You will be missed!
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Migrate » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:04 am

Oh wow, I've watched the two last episodes ...
"2009" made me jump back to the start of the show, and reminded me of what first drew me to this series. Fun, quirky characters that had depth and one passion : singing.
Glee got a bit lost with the departure of the main characters, and it became almost impossible to follow every plot and sub-plot and sometimes the stories were just ridiculous. But man, when they stick to the "original formula", it hits a special chord.

The finale was very nice as well. I'm a bit sad now, I'm almost ashamed to say haha, but it's true ... Why did Cory have to leave so early ... I feel I'm going to ramble so I'll wrap it up and say : thank you, Glee, you were a very nice companion and (randomly) your first Christmas album holds a special place in my Christmas playlist.

I'll end with one of my favorite cover of the show :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1duFurf3s6I
Migrate
Manager

Postby Spartan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:19 pm

I could just copy Sk8er and Era's posts as I agree fully with both of them.

"2009" was such a lovely throwback, though they obviously struggled to de-age Chris Colfer, but it was so nostalgic. I loved that they threw Don't Stop Believin' onto the end of it as well. I cried several times throughout the episode. I LOVED having Terri back though, she was so incredible.

"Dreams Come True" was as good an end as I could've hoped for. Would I have done things differently? Hell yes, but I was happy with what they did. I was content with how all the characters ended up. Part of me did want Rachel to never fall in love again as her and Finn were the heart of this show but I'm glad she did. Mercedes being an opening act for Bey was so obvious but amazing, I cried quite a bit during "Someday We'll Be Together". I was a bit meh at Tina and Artie ending up together but I suppose fans will be happy.

My two break down moments were "I Lived" obviously seeing every (bar Rory and Marley) member of New Directions plus all the pivotal adults together in the show in one performance was incredible. "Teach Your Children" was the second breakdown moment. I think that was because I know it was the last ever filmed scene of the show and you can see the emotions so much (especially with Jenna and Lea), and it was painfully emotional to watch.

I was surprised that the only ABBA song used in the finale was The Winner Tales It All, from the moment the show began I always envisaged the finale having Thank You For The Music in it.

Overall, I think I'll have stronger emotional ties to Glee than any other show ever. Despite its many, many faults it's secured a strong place in my heart. Though it will always be a show that had so much untapped potential, by large it was great.
Spartan
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 pm

I hadn't watched the show since early season 2 but I was shocked that Rachel ended up with Jonathan Groff's character... considering how he bullied and used her, that would've been like Kurt and Karovsky winding up together?
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:13 pm

NothingFails wrote:I hadn't watched the show since early season 2 but I was shocked that Rachel ended up with Jonathan Groff's character... considering how he bullied and used her, that would've been like Kurt and Karovsky winding up together?
Still better than Sam
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby MovMer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:32 pm

It's damn interested , but lately I keep dreaming about unloading in nature. Winter is tired
MovMer
Groupie

Postby stevyy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:09 pm

I watched the series finale yesterday and I cried.. yess i have to admit that.

There was a time when I loved the show so much. It did lose a lot of steam in the following years. But Sue .. oh my lovely Sue she stayed absolutely and totally incredible throughout.

When she and Becky ran into each other's arms at the end.. i lost it. Crying like a baby. When she sang The winner takes it all.. another smash moment.

Season 6 was incredibly funny due to Sue, the whole plot became a little bit surreal tho.. Sue also made many snappy comments about television producers (maybe in regards to the show's ending). Loved that. Sam became more hilarious than ever, while that Santana/Britney/Klaine wedding was so schmaltzy that it became oily.

But... Britney >>> loved her, always have. Her parents tho >>>>>>>>>>>>>> and Santana's mom :o

+ Jonathan Groff returned and married Rachel.. lol. I liked the ending for her tho.. and for Klaine and for Sue. Of course she gave the final speech on the series' finale.. and it was well placed and emotional and summarizing. Loved it. The final song was... well.. bland. I expected a tear jerker to be honest. But seein every past and present New Directions member (except for Finn ofc) back and performing the final tune was EPIC!

all in all a fantastic ride.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Affillate » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:45 am

Hey everyone, thought I'd drop a plug for my UKMix Glee Songs Countdown, Ive opened the Voting Period:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=111871 :)
Affillate
Manager

Postby RayRay » Sun May 28, 2017 7:39 pm

I wanted to listen to Don't Make Me Over on Spotify, but instead I heard a mash up of Living La Vida Loca. :o :o :o
Anyone else experienced this too?
RayRay
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:44 pm

RayRay wrote:I wanted to listen to Don't Make Me Over on Spotify, but instead I heard a mash up of Living La Vida Loca. :o :o :o
Just checked and no? :lol:

I miss this show, even if it got lost towards the end. Once they followed the students to NYC and took the singing away from school it just didn't work.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby WEDway82 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:13 pm

I wonder how long they'll leave it before they do a reunion show? Maybe a one off, or a short run perhaps.

Its too soon now, but no doubt by '19 and the 10th Anniversary they'll try and do something. Actually wasn't the last episode set in '20? So myabe there's a built in excuse to get everyone back together.
"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney
WEDway82
Roadie

Postby RayRay » Mon May 29, 2017 6:56 pm

menime123 wrote:
RayRay wrote:I wanted to listen to Don't Make Me Over on Spotify, but instead I heard a mash up of Living La Vida Loca. :o :o :o
Just checked and no? :lol:

I miss this show, even if it got lost towards the end. Once they followed the students to NYC and took the singing away from school it just didn't work.
The weird thing is: it's available on Spotify on two different albums. One album plays the right song, the other doesn't. :o
RayRay
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:50 am

WEDway82 wrote:I wonder how long they'll leave it before they do a reunion show? Maybe a one off, or a short run perhaps.

Its too soon now, but no doubt by '19 and the 10th Anniversary they'll try and do something. Actually wasn't the last episode set in '20? So myabe there's a built in excuse to get everyone back together.
Problem is getting everyone back and the fact ratings were extremely low at the end - it didn't leave on a high, or even at the start of its decline.

But I would love a reunion mini series. Rachel Berry as a character I think had so much potential to break away from the show.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Ska8er » Tue May 30, 2017 5:02 pm

I loved this show.
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby GetBack » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:11 pm

I don't think I'll be able to see the show the same way again! It used to be so much fun but now, its tragic and sad! :cry: :cry: :cry:
The love be so fake, but the hate be so real...
GetBack
Legend

Return to TV